Elite HH best tricks and trips?

cruisingteachers4

You can basically order anything to your liking (but not top shelf) and it will be served.   We love our Brandy Old Fashions before dinner usually in the Passport, Martini, Sunset, or Ensemble Longe.  You can start at 5pm and continue to 7.  There is no limit except for your own personal limit! 🤪!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Some bar tenders will not scan your card and some will . Some will allow drinks off the menu and many will not. If you ask for a brand off the list you may be charged

I have a martini at start of HH then order a glass of red wine and get them to top it off just before 7 to enjoy with dinner.  Sometimes I've even been served premium wines at no charge.  Such as Decoy cab 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

Some bar tenders will not scan your card and some will . Some will allow drinks off the menu and many will not. If you ask for a brand off the list you may be charged

I was told they have to keep track of pours as Elite drinks get allocated to a separate department   not sure this is true but a bartender told me that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I was told they have to keep track of pours as Elite drinks get allocated to a separate department   not sure this is true but a bartender told me that.

last month on Reflection at Sky lounge one waiter  not taking our cards and just kept topping up our drinks. Everywhere else cars were run through

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

last month on Reflection at Sky lounge one waiter  not taking our cards and just kept topping up our drinks. Everywhere else cars were run through

I didn't realize sky lounge was open for HH.  It was not in October on the Equinox 

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I get one for the cabin at night. 

My favorite HH drink is the appletini, my DH gets screwdrivers. We order a glass of wine to take with us to dinner. 

We also order a couple of bottles/cans of water and my DH drops them off at our cabin before heading into dinner. 

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I didn't realize sky lounge was open for HH.  It was not in October on the Equinox 

The SL was open on our September Summit cruise, but it wasn't a CC HH event. Same service during the 5 to7 PM HH as all the other bars on the ship. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

I seem to recall that the "drink of the day" advertised in the Daily is also included in the Elite HH.

Drink of the day is just a suggestion.  It doesn’t have any special price.  If you go to bar and ask for the DOD they usually don’t know what it is 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miched said:

Drink of the day is just a suggestion.  It doesn’t have any special price.  If you go to bar and ask for the DOD they usually don’t know what it is 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A few years ago the sunset bar had a few cocktails at half price on embarkation day for a limited time.  I mentioned to bartender who knew nothing about it and charged me full price plus gratuities. It was in newsletter but I didn't have it with me so no proof. I later went to GR who removed the charge.  Seems they've done away with that now.