Viking Ocean bar menus

phil1107

On 1/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, WNcruiser said:

I'm boarding Jupiter on Saturday. If no one posts the new menu in the next few days I will do it.  

Sorry for the delay, it’s been a busy first couple days on board. I see some of it has been posted but I will post the entire menu. 

D573C5CC-047F-491F-BE78-914E37926833.jpeg

DCAEF901-EB7B-4CBD-9824-F91B23196539.jpeg

FA9541D4-E9B7-4D02-9893-37A1846F3EA3.jpeg

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, duquephart said:

It actually is. It meets the criteria for bourbon but the Tennessee people don't like to call it what it is.

Tennessee whiskey is as you say bourbon but there is a specific difference. The key difference between the two types of whiskey is that Tennessee Whiskey must be filtered through maple charcoal before being put into the barrel for aging. Kentucky Bourbon goes straight to the barrel.

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

It actually is. It meets the criteria for bourbon but the Tennessee people don't like to call it what it is.

Interesting article on why JD is not called bourbon. I respect their preference. 🥃

https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/american-whiskey/jack-daniels-bourbon-definitive-answer/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Excited to be going on my first Viking cruise this May.   

What do they have in the area of Chocolate Martinis and/or Ice Cream drinks?

Is that something where you just ask the bartender to create something?

Bartenders are great. Aaron at the pool bar ,on the Viking Orion , would mix up all kinds of cocktails when asked. He also did so great NA drinks too. 

You can definitely order a mudslide  It is like a chocolate malt.

4 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Bartenders are great. Aaron at the pool bar ,on the Viking Orion , would mix up all kinds of cocktails when asked. He also did so great NA drinks too. 

You can definitely order a mudslide  It is like a chocolate malt.

Is the pool bar open just during the day or all bar hours.  On my recent first time Oceania I found that not all drinks were offered at all bars.  The pool bar had things like daquiri and margarita variations not offered in the other bars due to some of the ingredients not available in the other bars.  The pool bar was closed at night.

I also kind of hated that the bars all had different menus.   Of course Viking has the ability to cover the pool.  Does that change the game and keep the pool bar open longer especially in variable climates?

5 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Is the pool bar open just during the day or all bar hours.  On my recent first time Oceania I found that not all drinks were offered at all bars.  The pool bar had things like daquiri and margarita variations not offered in the other bars due to some of the ingredients not available in the other bars.  The pool bar was closed at night.

I also kind of hated that the bars all had different menus.   Of course Viking has the ability to cover the pool.  Does that change the game and keep the pool bar open longer especially in variable climates?

My Orion cruise was in July 2021  and it was a Bermuda cruise.  The pool bar closes  around 5:30 . The other  bar I frequented in the  day was the Aquavit bar  at end of buffet and overlooking the infinity pool That one is open  during dinner hours. Both bars made great golden margaritas  and anything you could think of for a hot summer day. The Explorer Lounge  was the place we went for a pre or after dinner martini. It and the Viking Bar are open very late . Torshavn the night club bar is also open very late. There is even a bar  going into the theater and one in the Restaurant . I do not think you will be without your favorite drink during the day or ev ending.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Thought another post indicated the cocktails had gone up to $9 something 🤷‍♀️

There are no dates anywhere on the menu. I asked both the living room bar and Explorers lounge bar If these were the new menus and they said yes. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zalusky said:

The pool bar was open until 7 PM the first two nights but stayed open until 10 PM last night since they were showing the NFL games at the pool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

The pool bar was open until 7 PM the first two nights but stayed open until 10 PM last night since they were showing the NFL games at the pool. 

Seen this to be the case on Movie nights as well.