Viking Ocean bar menus

phil1107

31 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Maybe they decided to lower the prices🤞

Maybe it’s like the change in the SS pkg and the higher charges will actually be reflected in your onboard account. We only pay ala carte and our bar bills on our March 2022 TA were sporadically billed—some higher, some lower, some not at all. I checked periodically on the TV in our room.

10 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

There are no dates anywhere on the menu. I asked both the living room bar and Explorers lounge bar If these were the new menus and they said yes. 

I’m currently on the Sky and prices have gone up as per my previous posts.

Re Chocolate Martinis,it was a Viking bar waiter who suggested that I might like to try one.Have had it now on other Viking cruises.

I have now taken to asking in any bar venue on board if they would be able to fix me such a such a drink and usually the only obstacle has been lack of a particular ingredient eg no to Spritzer Hugo ,no elderflower syrup ?on board.

71215015-00CD-4E3D-9943-6F8B46467E52.jpeg

18 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Sometimes. Or whether there’s been a pandemic with supply chain issues….!

IMHO, "supply chain issues" has become the explanation to cover all sorts of management issues.  Amazing that other cruise lines have no problem stocking Canadian spirits, but Viking can't.  Or a number of bourbons.

Simple fact....it's not a priority for Viking management.

Prove me wrong.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

IMHO, "supply chain issues" has become the explanation to cover all sorts of management issues.  Amazing that other cruise lines have no problem stocking Canadian spirits, but Viking can't.  Or a number of bourbons.

Simple fact....it's not a priority for Viking management.

Prove me wrong.

Most of the other cruise lines have North American based purchasing, whereas Viking purchasing is based in Europe, specifically Germany. Could be a reason why they are weaker of some selections.

Growing up in UK, I had never heard of Canadian Whisky and thought "Bourbon" was a biscuit, not a drink.

Viking is very much a European cruise line and as such, personally I enjoy the differences, which includes the drinks, from the US based shipping lines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Most of the other cruise lines have North American based purchasing, whereas Viking purchasing is based in Europe, specifically Germany. Could be a reason why they are weaker of some selections.

Growing up in UK, I had never heard of Canadian Whisky and thought "Bourbon" was a biscuit, not a drink.

Viking is very much a European cruise line and as such, personally I enjoy the differences, which includes the drinks, from the US based shipping lines.

Off topic - interesting to hear that Viking is „very much a European cruise line“ and purchases certain (many?) articles in Germany. I just wish they would also make it easier for EU-based customers to purchase their cruises! We live in Berlin and have done two Viking ocean cruises, both booked in the UK - I also grew up there. Thanks to Brexit, that’s no longer possible. So for us, it certainly doesn’t feel very European😉

7 hours ago, Berlin Bear said:

Off topic - interesting to hear that Viking is „very much a European cruise line“ and purchases certain (many?) articles in Germany. I just wish they would also make it easier for EU-based customers to purchase their cruises! We live in Berlin and have done two Viking ocean cruises, both booked in the UK - I also grew up there. Thanks to Brexit, that’s no longer possible. So for us, it certainly doesn’t feel very European😉

Totally agree.

While the ships are definitely of a Scandinavian design and their core operation is based in Europe, the majority of their marketing is US based. We have somewhat similar experience in Canada in that we have no Canadian sales office, having to suffer dealing with the LA Office.

I so agree, Heidi13!  My one quibble is that I wish that Viking would stop telling me that I MUST have a valid US passport!  They do later mention those of us who are not American, but the bold declarative statement makes it sound as if only Americans are welcome.  

Karen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reuben's 3rd said:

I so agree, Heidi13!  My one quibble is that I wish that Viking would stop telling me that I MUST have a valid US passport!  They do later mention those of us who are not American, but the bold declarative statement makes it sound as if only Americans are welcome.  

Karen

Wait! They're not the only ones welcomed? Well that explains all the accents!  😁

Edited by Haqdeluxe
You know I'm teasingly...right?

7 hours ago, Reuben's 3rd said:

Karen

That ticks me off as well, as I already have 2 passports. Even if I was eligible for another one, I don't want one.

About a year ago, while talking to the management types in the L/A Office, I brought this to their attention, but as expected they didn't address the issue.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 11:42 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Damn, I only made it 20 days before my first mistake of 2023.  Guess I can just go crazy now….start talking about the benefits of eating in the Main Dinning Room….ask weather your going to be on my cruise….will you be wearing you’re fancy clothes…find out what time will you be their….and if there bringing friends….😂

For all the English teachers.  Guess I can just go crazy now...start talking about the benefits of eating in the Main DINING Room...ask WHETHER YOU'RE going to be on my cruise...will you be wearing YOUR fancy clothes...find out what time YOU WILL be THERE...and if THEY'RE bringing friends...  

And then there is the matter of all those "...".

Did I win?  More fun then playing Wordle here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TayanaLorna said:

For all the English teachers.  Guess I can just go crazy now...start talking about the benefits of eating in the Main DINING Room...ask WHETHER YOU'RE going to be on my cruise...will you be wearing YOUR fancy clothes...find out what time YOU WILL be THERE...and if THEY'RE bringing friends...  

And then there is the matter of all those "...".

Did I win?  More fun then playing Wordle here. 

Clay writes poorly very well!! 😉

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 3:39 PM, EchoIsland said:

No Crown Royal or Canadian Club .... how sad for us Canadians on our upcoming cruise on the Viking Sea next week!! 😞

IMHO Canadian whisky is rubbish. Much prefer scotch and bourbon.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Jim Avery said:

Myers's for sure.🍹  At one point on the Ultimate WC they had Bermuda dark rum.  Bell's I believe.  It varies.  Pays to be a versatile drinker.....😳

I'll be fine, then 😬. Life in places like Seoul (in the late 70s) Bangladesh, Madagascar and Rwanda gives one an appreciation for any beer without a fly in it and any alcohol with an actual tax seal on the bottle!  Oh, and that endless Algerian rosé.  I actually like the Korean makkoli (milky rice wine) and wish I could find it occasionally.