Viking Ocean bar menus

phil1107

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!  At least they have a wide selection of gins…wonder why so few bourbons 🤔

Our favourites and more than appears in the sample menu in MVJ. All up by about $2.00. Belvedere isn't on our list in MVJ but it's wonderfull

On 1/20/2023 at 2:33 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

That’s the least impressive list of bourbons that I’ve seen in quite some time…👎

Yes, we are currently on the Neptune World Cruise and no Maker’s Mark to be found, much to DH’s dismay!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, duquephart said:

There must be --- "dark rum" is used in their bogus "Mai Tai."

Myers's for sure.🍹  At one point on the Ultimate WC they had Bermuda dark rum.  Bell's I believe.  It varies.  Pays to be a versatile drinker.....😳

FWIW, those photos bear no relationship to the menus currently on Jupiter.

In addition, there are a number of "we're out of that" and "we don't carry that any more" on the published lists.  So I would take items mentioned with more than a grain of salt.

For example....no Crown Royal, no Canadian Club, no ryes at all.  No Wild Turkey, no Maker's Mark and Woodford has been moved to Torshaven only.  Missing singles include the listed Bowmore, Ballantine's 15 and Aberlour.

So the menu is an exercise in hope, at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

FWIW, those photos bear no relationship to the menus currently on Jupiter.

In addition, there are a number of "we're out of that" and "we don't carry that any more" on the published lists.  So I would take items mentioned with more than a grain of salt.

For example....no Crown Royal, no Canadian Club, no ryes at all.  No Wild Turkey, no Maker's Mark and Woodford has been moved to Torshaven only.  Missing singles include the listed Bowmore, Ballantine's 15 and Aberlour.

So the menu is an exercise in hope, at best.

I will be on the Jupiter  in June for the first time , so I am interested in your experience . 
Ok Bar menu is not accurate …check 

On 1/21/2023 at 4:11 AM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Gin and vodka 8586DCA3-481B-4D95-BF74-90859FAC22D4.thumb.jpeg.ffe580e1a0583f7b3c08e5504ca2c4d7.jpeg4F8BBAFF-F58A-4456-B6BC-583E69C44CAB.thumb.jpeg.824839902494a3c95d288e58c6f054f7.jpeg

Hi, trying to do the math on getting the booze package, what is the added tip amount?  

PS I don't think we would ever drink enough to justify it, just like the convenience but don't want to overpay excessively for the convenience.......

1 minute ago, tocruiseguy said:

Hi, trying to do the math on getting the booze package, what is the added tip amount?  

PS I don't think we would ever drink enough to justify it, just like the convenience but don't want to overpay excessively for the convenience.......

Tips are included on all drinks, but people have been know to tip there favorite server near the end of the cruise.

23 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Tips are included on all drinks, but people have been know to tip there favorite server near the end of the cruise.

I guess what I am asking is....is there a 15% or 18% gratuity added to the cost on the menus?  We also have to convert to Canadian as the package is priced in Canadian $'s while the menus are in US$s. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, tocruiseguy said:

I'm curious about convenience. Isn't pay as you go just as convenient?

2 hours ago, tocruiseguy said:

I guess what I am asking is....is there a 15% or 18% gratuity added to the cost on the menus?  We also have to convert to Canadian as the package is priced in Canadian $'s while the menus are in US$s. Thanks. 

Nothing added so what you see is what you pay.

• Like 1