Carnival Corporation Stock

doleary1170

19 hours ago, brisalta said:

It is really easy to find.

If a person is buying shares in a company one would think the person would know how to find the company web site and the share holder information and various financial reports.

In addition the question has been asked and answered many times over in Cruise Critic. Cruise Critic is not a finance site.

Just because we own stock doesn't mean we have the computer savvy you have. Why can't you post a link to share instead of....... never mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 12:32 PM, capriccio said:

For all three cruises, we had not yet paid the final balance.

This might only apply to UK shareholders, but I just had my application for shareholder OBC declined because it was more than 90 days before embarkation, despite having just paid the full balance. It was 95 days before embarkation! So I'll wait a week and apply again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainPedantic said:

This might only apply to UK shareholders, but I just had my application for shareholder OBC declined because it was more than 90 days before embarkation, despite having just paid the full balance. It was 95 days before embarkation! So I'll wait a week and apply again...

And you will hopefully tell us of your success then.

I don't know if the rejection was due to your UK residence or just some employees interpreting rules differently than others.

• Like 2

Last week I applied for stockholder credit for 2 cruises in Dec 23.  One day later the  credits showed up on my account for both.  I thought I might be too early  but gave it a try and now have the credits for when I decide to book tours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

Last week I applied for stockholder credit for 2 cruises in Dec 23.  One day later the  credits showed up on my account for both.  I thought I might be too early  but gave it a try and now have the credits for when I decide to book tours.

We have 1 cruise scheduled for February 2024.  Since I had started to receive tax information, I had the stock information handy and thought I'd just try to apply for the credit.  Emailed on Friday, was in our account yesterday afternoon when I checked.  Very fast.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 12:23 AM, brisalta said:

If a person is buying shares in a company one would think the person would know how to find the company web site and the share holder information and various financial reports.

That is crazy talk!  🙂

Before CCL tanked, there were many, many posts here advising people to simply buy the stock for the shareholder credit, without knowing anything about  the company.

They were usually supported by comments like:

Ted Arison gave me founders stock, and since then I have been on 1 zillion cruises, and gotten millions in shipboard credit.

My personal success:  so far, I have managed to not lose any money on CCL.

If it had stayed below 8, I would not be able to say that.

7 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

The process for the UK is a bit different.  I am in the US however I went to apply for the benefit on P&O through their UK office and was told that they only approve within 90 days.  I believe other CCL brands use the same office in the UK.  On the other hand in the US I have approvals on cruises into 2024.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, mustgo said:

Last week I applied for stockholder credit for 2 cruises in Dec 23.  One day later the credits showed up on my account for both.  I thought I might be too early but gave it a try and now have the credits for when I decide to book tours.

12 hours ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

My shareholder benefits are on a July 2024 cruise. 

I thought you could only apply a few weeks prior to your cruise. Interesting.

I see my financial advisor tomorrow, so I'll ask for the information and try it for my October 2023 cruises and my April 2024 cruise and see what happens.

What happens if you sell your shares before you take your cruise? I don't plan on selling mine anytime soon, just curious.

Yes, it was too early.  I referred my cruise today to take advantage of a price drop.  The agent said I should not have the stock credit until 3 los before.  He took it off and said to apply again in the last 3 mos.  I must have had a new agent.

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I see my financial advisor tomorrow, so I'll ask for the information and try it for my October 2023 cruises and my April 2024 cruise and see what happens.

What happens if you sell your shares before you take your cruise? I don't plan on selling mine anytime soon, just curious.

I don’t picture them tracking stock transactions to see if you’re cheating. Assuming my name was John Smith, there would be a major hassle every time someone with the same common name sold shares. I’m hanging on to mine for now.  It was purchased at a reasonably low cost and I expect to cruise on CCL brands again in the future. But I’m pretty sure I could dump it right now and not lose my OBC for a March sailing.

6 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I look for the best in people.  Some have integrity and I would like to believe that those who apply for shareholder credit will actually still have possession of it when they cruise.  Then there are the others that not only sell their shares BUT posts it on a public website flaunting how they cheated the system.  That's says volumes about themselves.

You do need to send in a shareholder document for each cruise.  One document can be used for multiple requests, at the same time.  Don't know about 2024, but I was able to do it for late 2023.  I wanted to purchase an excursion.  It was posted within a few days and I was able to secure my ticket.

On 2/6/2023 at 12:18 PM, ontheweb said:

And you will hopefully tell us of your success then.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:51 PM, ldtr said:

The process for the UK is a bit different.  I am in the US however I went to apply for the benefit on P&O through their UK office and was told that they only approve within 90 days.  I believe other CCL brands use the same office in the UK.  On the other hand in the US I have approvals on cruises into 2024.

Now I'm within the 90 days and my application for shareholder benefit has been approved 🙂 

I did have to re-send evidence of my shareholding twice... The first time I didn't include an indication of the current date in the evidence I sent - so I suppose it couldn't easily be proven that I am a shareholder right now, but that was easily and quickly resolved. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

Now I'm within the 90 days and my application for shareholder benefit has been approved 🙂 

I did have to re-send evidence of my shareholding twice... The first time I didn't include an indication of the current date in the evidence I sent - so I suppose it couldn't easily be proven that I am a shareholder right now, but that was easily and quickly resolved. Thanks for the advice!

👍 Success!

I just sent an email this morning requesting the shareholders OBC. I got this response back.

Thank you for submitting your request for Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefits.  Due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing.  You will receive a confirmation once the benefit has been applied to your booking.  

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises

Time will tell. 🙂

• Like 1