Sky Suite S-1, 2 or 3?

jalves

4 minutes ago, jalves said:

Wondering what the difference is between these three categories.  Is S1 better (more expensive) that S2 or S3?  Or is it the other way around?

S3 staterooms are the least expensive.  These rooms are located between the Magic Carpet.  

Edited by ohiojohn
  • Like 2

We always try for the S2’s on deck ten near the front elevators. Convenient to Luminae, Retreat Lounge and Sundeck.

Keep in mind that beginning with the Fall 2023 sailings, I think, the category names change to Sunset Sky Suite ( for the aft S1’s), Aqua Sky Suite ( many of the S2’s), Sky Suite, and Magic Carpet Sky Suite (the S3’s). 

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Pricing is S1 highest S3 lowest.  
S1& 2 have bed facing the ocean, S 3 bed facing a wall.  Location is also a factor S1 more desirable location.

Except for the corner aft S1s on E-class where the bed faces the wall.

Location, Location Location.    I believe the S-3 are the Magic Carpet and may actual be called Magic Carpet Sky Suite on Edge Class.     I'm sure like others have mentioned the bed location is also different.  

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, mac_tlc said:

We always try for the S2’s on deck ten near the front elevators. Convenient to Luminae, Retreat Lounge and Sundeck.

We just got off the Apex where we were in 10121.  Excellent location

2 hours ago, jalves said:

We just got off the Apex where we were in 10121.  Excellent location

Once we sail Ascent and Beyond next year, we will have been in 10123 on all four ships 😂😂

• Like 1

Depends on what is more important to you. I personally really wanted a S3 for longer period of time that the balcony is shaded (more useful to me). Also the balcony is bigger. If you are able to grab an end unit with a side window, that would be excellent. 

Edited by Moochi

On 1/20/2023 at 9:26 AM, jelayne said:

Pricing is S1 highest S3 lowest.  
S1& 2 have bed facing the ocean, S 3 bed facing a wall.  Location is also a factor S1 more desirable location.

Hadn’t heard this before. We’re booked in a S1 on Apex (deck 9). The reservation agent looked it up for me and said the bed faces forward toward the wall, not the balcony window (which I was really hoping for). 

10 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Hadn’t heard this before. We’re booked in a S1 on Apex (deck 9). The reservation agent looked it up for me and said the bed faces forward toward the wall, not the balcony window (which I was really hoping for). 

I know on our S-2 on the Apex (10121) our bed faced the balcony

On 1/20/2023 at 10:37 AM, mac_tlc said:

Keep in mind that beginning with the Fall 2023 sailings, I think, the category names change to Sunset Sky Suite ( for the aft S1’s), Aqua Sky Suite ( many of the S2’s), Sky Suite, and Magic Carpet Sky Suite (the S3’s). 

mac_tlc

Actually, I believe these category changes become effective on all cruises departing on or after April 23, of this year. I know it is in effect for our Equinox cruise in June and Apex cruise in September.

11 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Here is a very good researching web site with deck plans and description of cruise ship cabins with actual pictures from contributors. We use this site before booking cabins.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com

Here is an image of the S1 Sky Suites on deck 9 of the Apex from this website.

100.webp

Here is a video posted on the website too:

Celebrity Apex Cabin 9187 Video and/or Picture (cruisedeckplans.com)

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

We were just on an S2 cabin and it was perfect for us. Very close to the Retreat, tons of storage space, and a much better bathroom layout then what I had on a non-suite room on the Equinox. I  booked on S1 on our next two cruises, but not sure how it differs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lillibet16 said:

We were just on an S2 cabin and it was perfect for us. Very close to the Retreat, tons of storage space, and a much better bathroom layout then what I had on a non-suite room on the Equinox. I  booked on S1 on our next two cruises, but not sure how it differs. 

After this April 22 the S1, S2 & S3 designations go away. They will be replaced by Sky Suites, Magic Carpet Sky Suites, Aqua Class Sky Suites and Sunset Sky Suite depending on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

S3 is obstructed by the magic carpet- they are under it- I wouldn't book.

Many like the MC suite and it is only obstructed when the magic carpet is moving. They have a slightly larger balcony and a different cabin layout. The bed is facing a side wall instead of being up against the bathroom and facing out towards the balcony like the other SS's.

We were in a Magic Carpet Suite 10172 on the Apex last week.  We also were in this same room one year ago.  Once you enter from the hallway you are still about 20 feet till your stateroom door.  In this 20 feet (approx) hallway there is an inside stateroom sharing the small hallway.   The MC I believe may move 2x per day, really never an issue for us.  The balcony is large having 2 full lounges and 2 chairs with a very small table.  Having the stateroom set back from the main hallway reduces any noise of stateroom doors slamming shut in the main hallway.  There is no obstruction looking out from this balcony, however at night when the MC is on level 12,  it does throw off light into the side distance of the ocean thus preventing you from seeing some stars.  This light does not illuminate the balcony at all.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Many like the MC suite and it is only obstructed when the magic carpet is moving. They have a slightly larger balcony and a different cabin layout. The bed is facing a side wall instead of being up against the bathroom and facing out towards the balcony like the other SS's.

But you have orange railings on the sides of your balcony   Also isn’t the placement of the bed different?  Does the bathroom mirror iopen into the room?

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 1/21/2023 at 11:26 AM, George C said:

We did a aft corner S1 sky suite, I did it for large balcony, but long walk to Luminae and retreat, since we spent lots of time in outdoor retreat we really didn’t use balcony much, wouldn’t book that again on Edge class .

I always book the aft so I  booked this on the Beyond. I love looking at the wake and I will spend a lot of time on the balcony