New SeaPass Cards

m8zenblue

I haven’t seen this topic posted yet, if it has I must have missed it, apologies. 
On our last X cruise in  November last year we had a problem with our SeaPass cards. 
There was this “film” that started peeling off the cards. 
I thought it was some sort of protective coating, it wasn’t. 
We went to Guest Services and the staff member said not to remove the coating because that is all your vital info. 
Ok, but the new card started peeling again, before it totally peeled away back down to Guest Services.

I spoke with others in line who were having the same issue. 
I prefer the old embossed cards. 
Anyone have knowledge about this change ?
Thanx

I think it may depend on the card.   On Solstice for a B2B my first card was perfect the whole cruise.  My second the printing was so bad you couldn't read anything so they printed another.   The next one started peeling after a couple days but lasted me the full cruise.

I sailed last October (Silhouette) and had a card where the film started to peel off after a couple of days. At one bar I was told I could just remove it. So I did. Everything still worked perfectly, so I assumed it was just for protection and should be removed. Who knows??? 😕

Edited by laslomas

13 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

I haven’t seen this topic posted yet, if it has I must have missed it, apologies. 
On our last X cruise in  November last year we had a problem with our SeaPass cards. 
There was this “film” that started peeling off the cards. 
I thought it was some sort of protective coating, it wasn’t. 
We went to Guest Services and the staff member said not to remove the coating because that is all your vital info. 
Ok, but the new card started peeling again, before it totally peeled away back down to Guest Services.

I spoke with others in line who were having the same issue. 
I prefer the old embossed cards. 
Anyone have knowledge about this change ?
Thanx

We experienced this on our March cruise (both legs) with RC and our September cruise with Celebrity. We also heard others while on the ships having the same issue. We didn't bother having our Seapass cards replaced. We figured it would happen again as what you experienced.

• Like 1