Suite questions

cruisin73

We will be in a suite in May on Symphony of the seas.  Do I need to pack shampoo and body wash or does the suite have that in the room?  Trying to save space in the luggage. 
Do suite guests still have priority boarding?  If so does that mean I still need to adhere to the check in time or can I come when I want? Trying to get on asap but willing to wait if need be.  

2 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

If so does that mean I still need to adhere to the check in time or can I come when I want?

Show up whenever. You may or may not like the bath products RCI offers in the suites.

Edited by Biker19

16 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

We will be in a suite in May on Symphony of the seas.  Do I need to pack shampoo and body wash or does the suite have that in the room?  Trying to save space in the luggage. 
Do suite guests still have priority boarding?  If so does that mean I still need to adhere to the check in time or can I come when I want? Trying to get on asap but willing to wait if need be.  

Royal uses upgrade shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for their suites. They are "good enough" and I would not waste suitcase space bringing stuff from the states. Suites get priority boarding. Technically, you can arrive one hour +/- your assigned time, so your assigned time is important. That being said, in most ports, they are not checking. Not sure about the European ports. 

Bathroom amenities on the Quantum of the Seas Loft Suite. 

image.thumb.png.fee1a164261d00901dca6be29f847db0.png

• Like 1

Anytime I read a question from someone who asks if they need to bring their own shampoo, I know they have the kind of hair that can get a $25 haircut and use whatever comes off the shelf at target for their hair. I would never risk the damage to my hair by using anything that's offered for free. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Anytime I read a question from someone who asks if they need to bring their own shampoo, I know they have the kind of hair that can get a $25 haircut and use whatever comes off the shelf at target for their hair. I would never risk the damage to my hair by using anything that's offered for free. 

While I pay a lot more for a haircut, I’ve always had really oily hair that can tolerate any kind of product. I show Persian cats as a hobby. One night I was in a Red Roof bathing the cat for the show the next day. Show bath required five different shampoos that cost about $25 per bottle. After I finished I grabbed a shower and used the little packet of shampoo provided on my own hair. Figured there had to be something wrong with that. DH always brought his own but I’m fine with whatever is provided, including the mystery liquid in regular cabins. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, gerif said:

While I pay a lot more for a haircut, I’ve always had really oily hair that can tolerate any kind of product. I show Persian cats as a hobby. One night I was in a Red Roof bathing the cat for the show the next day. Show bath required five different shampoos that cost about $25 per bottle. After I finished I grabbed a shower and used the little packet of shampoo provided on my own hair. Figured there had to be something wrong with that. DH always brought his own but I’m fine with whatever is provided, including the mystery liquid in regular cabins. 

Not me, I have really thick curly hair. I hated it when I was a kid even though everyone was always telling me it was beautiful. It was hard to take care of and required a lot of products and took over a hour to dry with a blow dryer (still does but now I'm used to it). It's the kind of hair people are paying $1000 to have sewn into their heads with extensions nowadays, but back then, nobody had it and I just wanted to look like everyone else.

When I get a haircut, it has to be separated into about 12-16 separate sections to be cut. And I've never been charged less than $150 for a haircut. The idea of being able to use soap as a shampoo is very foreign to me.

31 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The idea of being able to use soap as a shampoo is very foreign to me.

Fellow curly here (hence the "brillohead" screen name).  The concept of using shampoo at all is foreign to me anymore.  I have been washing my hair with conditioner for over a dozen years, and it's never been longer or in better shape. 

I used to wash with shampoo once a year "just in case" there was something on it that the conditioner couldn't get off, but I haven't done that for several years now.  I can't get over the way shampoo makes my hair feel like a bale of straw while I'm washing... ick!

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Fellow curly here (hence the "brillohead" screen name).  The concept of using shampoo at all is foreign to me anymore.  I have been washing my hair with conditioner for over a dozen years, and it's never been longer or in better shape. 

I used to wash with shampoo once a year "just in case" there was something on it that the conditioner couldn't get off, but I haven't done that for several years now.  I can't get over the way shampoo makes my hair feel like a bale of straw while I'm washing... ick!

I do that sometimes (the co-wash). I still use the shampoo because of all the creams and oils I use as styling products, plus I work out a lot and the mixture of sweat with those products just makes a sticky gross mess that feels like it can't be removed without the shampoo. But since I use shampoo without the chemicals that strip your hair, it's probably just doing the same thing as conditioner and water, so I'm probably wasting money on the shampoo. 

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Lol I have that kind of hair. I use good shampoo and rinse at home but a week of rcl I'm good with. Pin straight hair, nothing seems to make it better or worse. I got 4 of these last balcony. Had to ask. 340 pts upgraded so I get them. I'd love a suite but cant justify suite prices solo. OP nice, enjoy.

This is what you can request.

20221205_091701.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I do that sometimes (the co-wash). I still use the shampoo because of all the creams and oils I use as styling products, plus I work out a lot and the mixture of sweat with those products just makes a sticky gross mess that feels like it can't be removed without the shampoo. But since I use shampoo without the chemicals that strip your hair, it's probably just doing the same thing as conditioner and water, so I'm probably wasting money on the shampoo. 

As long as you stay silicone-free with your products, conditioner will remove it all.  I can put a whole cup of oil in my hair, and conditioner (diluted with water) gets it all out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is good to information to know.  I have another suite question.  One week from today, we will be in an owner's suite on Jewel.  We won an upgrade from a suite GTY.  We have never even been in a full suite before so we are really going to enjoy this trip.

I think that I read that the concierge is supposed to contact us via email about now.  Is that right, or is that only for the Oasis class ships?  We have the UDP and would like to take care of all that before we board if possible.

9 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

I think that I read that the concierge is supposed to contact us via email about now.  Is that right, or is that only for the Oasis class ships? 

They should contact you.  I have noticed that it's not always at the one week mark.  Often it's like 5 days.  I suspect this is because the concierge is working with a new batch of guests at 7 days, and things slow down again at 5.  Just a guess though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

This is good to information to know.  I have another suite question.  One week from today, we will be in an owner's suite on Jewel.  We won an upgrade from a suite GTY.  We have never even been in a full suite before so we are really going to enjoy this trip.

I think that I read that the concierge is supposed to contact us via email about now.  Is that right, or is that only for the Oasis class ships?  We have the UDP and would like to take care of all that before we board if possible.

They are supposed to email about a week out. Someone may have the email contact. Enjoy

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Std products work fine for me 😉

20230131_142213.thumb.jpg.86034b1886f32218fb8a1ce365f019e5.jpg

Well, that's NOTHING to joke about.

You know your going bald when you use more toothpaste than shampoo.

Seriously, I don't talk much about my hair - it's one of those gray areas...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Actually I am pretty picky about my hair products.  However I'm trying to only take a carry on bag on this trip.  If I can survive for a week without taking my own products would save so much space.  I believe in the past suites always has the nicer products in the bathroom.

Side note I don't think I ever paid $25 for a haircut. 

8 hours ago, cruisin73 said:

Actually I am pretty picky about my hair products.  However I'm trying to only take a carry on bag on this trip.  If I can survive for a week without taking my own products would save so much space.  I believe in the past suites always has the nicer products in the bathroom.

Side note I don't think I ever paid $25 for a haircut. 

I wasn't meaning that people DO get $25 haircuts, but that they CAN. If you can walk into a super cuts or a fantastic sams (if those exist anymore), that's a privilege some of us don't have. I've been turned away from more salons than have been willing to touch my hair, and those that do, ALWAYS double the price. I have no choice is what I meant. So if someone can use the soap/shampoo combo in the hotel showers, I just imagine someone with very easy hair. And if their hair is that easy, and they're willing to use the soap/shampoo combo, then why even ask if it's good. To me, it's all garbage that will damage my hair immediately. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

The Suites have shampoo etc provided. I did find the rum based ones a little strong smelling. But I have never taken my own shampoo - I’d rather smell like a peppermint and rum distillery 

the bodyography ones are better IMHO.

Edited by Spurschick