Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

24 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Checked in for my flight. Apparently there was a flight change I didn't know about. They've got me booked on one of those massive planes with the three rows in the middle of the plane. I thought they only used those for coast to coast type flights. Hopefully this one isn't packed with kids as you often experience flying to Orlando...

Screenshot_20230203-110344.png

If you are following and have NOT been travelling lately, this is a great lesson. Check your flights and seats often! All airlines are making last minute changes and monthly changes.

• Like 4

The dang Delta website gave me a tough time trying to print my boarding pass. Every time I clicked on it, it took me to an error page. I wanted to smash my computer, but I guess that probably wouldn't have helped. I tried it on my phone and it worked right away. Guess I'm glad I didn't smash my computer... I remember that it took me awhile last time, so maybe my piece of junk chrome book and the Delta website just don't like each other... T minus 3 1/2 hours until quitting time!!!...

• Like 15

Whew, finally made it through the ALREADY 9 pages, awesome! Can't wait for and Sid NCL live, the last one on Encore helped immensely as we sailed her in 2020 just prior to the shut down, like 3 weeks prior! Hoping you have a non-eventful last day at work! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cml4958 said:

When I was much, much younger I was waiting in my parents car and wanted to see what that thing was that mommy used to light her cigarettes.  Stuck my pinkie finger in the car cigarette lighter and burned the crap out of it.  I guess I didn't have logical thinking back then.

I think we all did this at least once.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2023 at 11:27 AM, purpleally said:

There used to be perks.  On Dawn, we were treated as if we were Haven guests.  A couple of the perks, breakfast and lunch in Moderno and priority disembarkation, third off the ship. 
guess we were supposed to get priority embarkation but the people in Tampa terminal didn’t know that

SHHHH...Don't spill the beans.  I always try to log on to the CC Roll Call as soon as we book a cruise and volunteer to host the M&G.  I've only managed to get there first a few times, but when I did NCL treated us royally.  As you mentioned, breakfast and lunch with the Suite People in Cagneys or Moderno, plus butler and concierge service, free extra nights in specialty dining, bottles of wine delivered to our stateroom without charge, and more.  The best experiences were on the Dawn with Alain Magnier as GM and on the Pride of America with Kai Runenen (sp?) as GM.  The last time I got to play host for the M&G was on the Getaway on the TransAtlantic last year.  Nada, zip, zilch, nothing extra.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

I don't see a Cellars Wine Bar on Prima. So, where do they do wine tastings?

Last September on our cruise on the Prima they set up shop in one of the specialty restaurants.  I forget which one.  Our wine tasting was in the afternoon and they needed to reset the place for the dinner crowd, so they ran us out early.  I probably only managed to drink eight or nine glasses of wine in that time.  😉

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

@sid_9169.....as a much older senior than you....for the first time I used flight boarding pass on my phone.  NEVER again will I go to printing out a boarding pass....so much easier and didn't kill any trees in the process.

Orlando airport is my worst nightmare.  Just wait, it is even larger now with the new terminal.

Best money I have spent in a long time is for TSA Precheck otherwise in Orlando I'd be ready to go ballistic.

• Like 7

I knew it was going to happen... Thirty seconds after I uploaded those last pictures three customers walked in and stayed for a good bit. We finally got to go the back to quickly scarf down our lunch when the big boss called from out of town with another big project that needs to be done immediately... It NEVER fails that this happens whenever I think that I'm on the downhill slope towards vacation... 

• Like 16

47 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I knew it was going to happen... Thirty seconds after I uploaded those last pictures three customers walked in and stayed for a good bit. We finally got to go the back to quickly scarf down our lunch when the big boss called from out of town with another big project that needs to be done immediately... It NEVER fails that this happens whenever I think that I'm on the downhill slope towards vacation... 

Damn.  Now how am I going to get through my Friday work afternoon?!

Have a wonderful trip, I'll be enjoying from afar.

PS. with my Rock Star name, None Nuts, I think I'd make a better roadie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Checked in for my flight. Apparently there was a flight change I didn't know about. They've got me booked on one of those massive planes with the three rows in the middle of the plane. I thought they only used those for coast to coast type flights. Hopefully this one isn't packed with kids as you often experience flying to Orlando...

Screenshot_20230203-110344.png

DAUGHTER HAD DELTA FLIGHT LAST MINUTE CHANGE YESTERDAY. WAS GOING TO BE ON A 737 FROM MSP TO YOUR HOUSE IN ATL. GOT TO AIRPORT AND WAS CHANGED TO AN A330-300.

PILOT MADE JOKES ABOUT BEGING CHANGED FROM 737 TO A BIGGIE AND IT WAS NEW AND THEY NEED TO ENJOY THE RIDE. PLANE HAD COME FROM PARIS AND OF COURSE HAD TO DE-ICE WHICH TOOK TIME. 

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR NCL CRUISE AND HAVE A HELL OF A TIME.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169.....as a much older senior than you....for the first time I used flight boarding pass on my phone.  NEVER again will I go to printing out a boarding pass....so much easier and didn't kill any trees in the process.

Orlando airport is my worst nightmare.  Just wait, it is even larger now with the new terminal.

Best money I have spent in a long time is for TSA Precheck otherwise in Orlando I'd be ready to go ballistic.

I've never had problems in Orlando. But this should help!

image.png.b186cb0b6c7a44e2d028f5468105de3b.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

If you plan to do a lot of international traveling, it makes sense to go for the Global Entry card.  It costs a bit, but some credit cards will reimburse you for it.  Global Entry also includes TSA Pre Check and you get to bypass the long lines at customs when you return to the US.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

We're on the fifteen minute countdown to the end of the work day, and the official beginning of my vacation... One more load of laundry, a nice long (and cold) afternoon walk, followed by packing will occupy the remainder of my evening... That, and a few fresh lime margaritas and leftover Jamaican food... If anymore customers come in, I quit.........

• Like 20

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

customers have the worst timing. The amount that come into our shop 5minutes before closing is ridiculous. Not to mention the days when we haven’t had a single person in so I throw on a live stream of a sports event and within minutes a customer appears from nowhere. 

• Like 1