New Crystal - the Good, the Bad and the Indifferent

claudiaYVR

I will add another good thing.

I reached out to on board guests services a couple of times for assistance in the last 24 hours Answers came back quickly and complete.  I know someone else who had a similar experience.

Although I am sure there will be times when the turn-around time take longer than it did and maybe the answer is not what someone was looking for, I was very impressed with each response so I thought I would share that with you.

Keith

4 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

That would be very disappointing if there's no fridge (even tho it never kept things as cool as a real fridge).

That's right, the in-suite fridges are meant to keep drinks cold, but they are not cold enough to reliably prevent the buildup of bacteria in leftovers. 

11 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Another short video of the Symphony! it's a teaser but so exciting. Sharing the facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/stories/2290157201009641/UzpfSVNDOjY3MTQxNTg1NDk5OTA0MA==/?view_single=1&source=shared_permalink&mibextid=W9rl1R

It would be nice to see this but for the FB requirement. I don't do FB, any other link for us peons?

18 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

That's right, the in-suite fridges are meant to keep drinks cold, but they are not cold enough to reliably prevent the buildup of bacteria in leftovers. 

What are leftovers?🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

Well, that certainly explains what happened after I made a quick lunch of the five day old Wiener Schnitzel I had saved on my last cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Another short video of the Symphony! it's a teaser but so exciting. Sharing the facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/stories/2290157201009641/UzpfSVNDOjY3MTQxNTg1NDk5OTA0MA==/?view_single=1&source=shared_permalink&mibextid=W9rl1R

6 minutes ago, AtA said:

Link doesn't work and I do have FB.

I believe CC prohibits links to FB, so perhaps a firewall? 🤔

But thank you, @claudiaYVR for the info. 👍

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

I believe CC prohibits links to FB, so perhaps a firewall? 🤔

But thank you, @claudiaYVR for the info. 👍

The link worked for me, but took me to Behind The Scenes on Sereniyt, which was not terribly informative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

The link worked for me, but took me to Behind The Scenes on Sereniyt, which was not terribly informative.

Like Suze, it didn’t work for me either. 

I guess you go to the dark side….🤔😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Tried again, but got this response 

image.thumb.png.9f4f33520b3322ff543ca8e7688b6adb.png

Then my screen quickly jumped to this…

image.thumb.png.26902ae9dc342b75258aa54a7e63958c.png

I realize the FB stories are only available for 24 hours. I won't post any more links but it appears Crystal is now posting on FB and Instagram every day so for those of you who have access to either, just follow Crystal and you should see them.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, schmoodle said:

Why doesn't Crystal just put the videos on their own web site?

Don't know your age but I'm going to assume based on your question that you are an "old fogey". Us oldies don't get how the youngsters are into "social media". As has been stated numerous times, Crystal can't rely on their prior guests, they have to attract "new blood". So, they have to go where that blood hangs out! 😉

Patty

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, schmoodle said:

Why doesn't Crystal put the videos on their own web site and on social media

I believe this is what most companies are doing using social media and I think that is because they get a lot more views this way than on their own sites.  I also think the social media platforms are better designed for this.

Keith

29 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I believe this is what most companies are doing using social media and I think that is because they get a lot more views this way than on their own sites.  I also think the social media platforms are better designed for this.

Keith

And it costs less money

Nancy

• Like 3

I'm not saying to replicate social media with member exchanges and such. I think they should be able to put the video I cannot see above on their web site. They already do that somewhat under press releases.

So more views, and maybe no cost depending on how they run their web site. I'm sure my grandson would be willing to update their web site for next to nothing. Maybe a nice lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These videos mostly exit to get your attention and get you to go look at Crystal which, if you're already on their site, you're already doing.

Yes, for some of us, getting little glimpses of new chairs in the Crystal Cove is exciting, but that's pretty niche and not really a priority I would assume.

Also, I work for an intentionally unnamed large scale video distribution company, and serving video on your own website is more complex engineering, bandwidth, and cost wise, so it's better to just host it somewhere that will let you do that for free.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 6:09 PM, travelberlin said:

Good updated Gym

Bad: designated areas for solo cruisers. And not the most desirable areas

Can you elaborate on what areas you refer to?  I booked Crystal because of the low solo supplement compared with other Cruise lines, and I enjoyed previous solo experience on Crystal, under previous owner.

3 hours ago, robrho said:

Can you elaborate on what areas you refer to?  I booked Crystal because of the low solo supplement compared with other Cruise lines, and I enjoyed previous solo experience on Crystal, under previous owner.

I'm sure the reference is to only a few designated solo cabins and that those are very far forward.

4 hours ago, robrho said:

Single Guest Cabins are totally forward on Deck 7

1 hour ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

Single Guest Cabins are totally forward on Deck 7

Not trying to be too pedantic, the Single cabins are totally forward on the Symphony but on the Serenity there are cabins totally forward on deck 7 that Crystal isn't booking to the public and the Single cabins being booked are after those. No one knows for sure, but the "guess" is the ones not being booked to the public will be used by entertainers, lecturers and other enrichment people.

• Like 2