The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 6th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I thought we'd hear something by now from Joy.  Surely they told her what the X-rays showed.  Praying it's nothing serious.🙏

Sandi, nothing on my chart or doctor call. I'm hoping that's good news. Thanks for thinking of me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening all from the Beautiful Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami.  

We had an uneventful drive from Titusville to Miami and almost made it without a hitch until I missed a turn getting off I-95 and ended up at the port.  After a tour of the port we had to get on the dreaded MacArthur Causeway.  What a mess!  Anyway, we finally got to the hotel and we have lovely accommodations. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite overlooking the port.

CB5C4815-2A70-4150-840F-C9B43F1DDFFA.jpeg

The hotel just opened their lounge again after being closed for three years due to Covid and is now on the Lobby floor.  It just opened this weekend and we were one of the first guests.  

We spoke to the F&B manager and made some suggestions for which we were rewarded with a treat when we returned to our room.

F6852D59-2F35-4DCD-992D-0BF4EAE07CF0.jpeg

Terri, I'm glad you made it to Miami safely.  

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks for all the kind words.  I found a chatty cardinal today strangely comforting.  
@kazutake good care, wear what you like!  

I have enjoyed the photos of Bruges, a place I suggest you visit.   Never can you had enough of their chocolates, and their food was sublime not to mention Kriek!  And then the wonderful tea lattes! 
@Seasick Sailor hoping nothing is broken! 

Today is DDs birthday, hard to believe I have a child that age, lol! 
the spinners visited yesterday!  

61CB7B36-433C-4532-904A-900ACFC2A985.jpeg

Brenda, that's a great picture.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

When I got home this afternoon, I changed into pajamas and got into bed. It wasn't a difficult or especially long drive, but I was awake past midnight last night--loud packing in nearby cabins after the end of the late show in the theater--and up at 6:00 a.m. in order to be at the MDR when it opened for breakfast at 6:30. The drive did take about an hour longer than usual because I stopped more frequently, with two pairs of stops that were less than an hour apart when I felt that I needed to get out of the car for a bit, and a longer lunch break than I would usually take.

Welcome, home.

21 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, nothing on my chart or doctor call. I'm hoping that's good news. Thanks for thinking of me. 

Joy, I also hope that means good news.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Seasick SailorWhen I was in boarding school back in the EARLY 70's, actually it was a finishing school, but I got thrown out before I was finished, any way, I was on a school bus, in the back being my usual goofy self, I was laughing while reaching up, and ducked down, but my muscles forgot to move with my bones, and I ripped the muscles on my right side,  The school thought my pain was my appendix, and since it was a foreign school and I was not fluent in the language, I never could get them to understand, that the pain was  in the muscles.  After about 3 weeks, the pain went away, sort of,  but there was lump in my side.  When I got back to the states, ,my doctor asked me what happened, I told him and he said, well we can fix that lump.  How I asked, he said simply re rip the muscles and tape your body for about 6 weeks.  I guess fortunately I gained enough weight that the lump no long shows.  I hope that all you got was a bone bruise and not something broken.   I know that hurts, but when it comes to ribs, unless it's stabbed something internally, they will try to mobilize it, by using tape or wrap.  I have been worried about you, as you, like so many here are quite stoic, and think of self last. I hope you get a good report.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well I can add my name to the list of those having trouble sleeping.  The last two nights have been terrible.  i don’t know whether it was the full moon, or the fact that I am on Prednisone again, or the fact that I did all the driving from home to Miami.  DH does very little driving these days so it falls on me.  I think I have some nervousness about it and it keeps me awake.

Well, now we are here and the car is safely tucked away in the hotel garage for the next 12 days.  Hopefully, i will sleep better tonight.

Good night to all and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 8

@Cruzin TerriI am the driver for long distance and two lanes, and highways, because DH lost the vision in his right eye, and lost peripheral vision, and he has major blind spots.  I too stress out when doing Highway driving.  You have had a lot happen over the last few months. I'm thinking that another cruise for you is exactly what you need.  Enjoy, Bon Voyage, hope it's stress free!

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin TerriI am the driver for long distance and two lanes, and highways, because DH lost the vision in his right eye, and lost peripheral vision, and he has major blind spots.  I too stress out when doing Highway driving.  You have had a lot happen over the last few months. I'm thinking that another cruise for you is exactly what you need.  Enjoy, Bon Voyage, hope it's stress free!

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Terri

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for responding.  I see that the Hawkes Bay area is the 2nd largest wine region in NZ, so that is most likely what we'll do. (and pick up some Marlborough wines in a grocery store). 😄

@Cruising-along  I had a look at the website of the Port Chalmers supermarket, they have the Oyster Bay range of wine at $16.99 this week.  This is a small supermarket , larger supermarkets probably have a better price.

When will you be in NZ, which ship?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@Cruising-along  I had a look at the website of the Port Chalmers supermarket, they have the Oyster Bay range of wine at $16.99 this week.  This is a small supermarket , larger supermarkets probably have a better price.

We will be NZ next year on Volendam for the Grand Australian starting Jan 3, 24

• Like 5

11 hours ago, erewhon said:

That's great!  We like Oyster Bay.  As Rich said, we'll be on the Volendam for the Grand Australia.  We'll be in NZ March 6-14, 2024.

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

We will be NZ next year on Volendam for the Grand Australian starting Jan 3, 24

10 hours ago, erewhon said:

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for your reply.

Volendam our favourite, wll have to investigate. 

27 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

There seems to be a few of us on the Grand Australian cruise next year. I am both excited and afraid at the same time. It will help that some nice people from this group will be with me too. 

Nice to know you'll be there too!  Have you joined the roll call?  It's pretty active with tours being planned already.

Edited to say I see you are on the roll call 🙂  It's so large I missed it!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

That's great!  We like Oyster Bay.  As Rich said, we'll be on the Volendam for the Grand Australia.  We'll be in NZ March 6-14, 2024.

Nice to know you'll be there too!  Have you joined the roll call?  It's pretty active with tours being planned already.

Edited to say I see you are on the roll call 🙂  It's so large I missed it!

I think we are all pretty excited about this one. I am currently working on my dog sitting service.

Susan

• Like 3