X Give us a better burger...Youtuber JimZim "They really don't know how to make a good burger"

NutsAboutGolf

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

LOL.  Who's idea was it to take the business team to White Castle?  Maybe that person needs to seek other employment.🍔

It was a group decision.  We were a bunch of pretty casual people and the thought of a sit down dinner for 10 - 12 people was not what anyone wanted.  Myself and others have had some pleasant experience with White Castle in the past so more than a few of us thought it was a good idea.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We don’t have White Castles , never heard except on CC 

people would buy and eat this 😱

51723B46-1170-43CD-BAF1-FE51369E29F0.jpeg

LOL... well, when OR if "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" film is shown or TV or possibly Netflix, you will get a good idea as to the reason many may buy and eat there... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL... well, when OR if "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" film is shown or TV or possibly Netflix, you will get a good idea as to the reason many may buy and eat there... LOL

I will pass 

This is a local place I go to when our granddaughter plays 

from $15 CAD with fries I will take this burger over any White Castle or Celebrity burger 

73830774-8239-4A65-858E-6EC098DF9124.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I will pass 

This is a local place I go to when our granddaughter plays 

from $15 CAD with fries I will take this burger over any White Castle or Celebrity burger 

73830774-8239-4A65-858E-6EC098DF9124.jpeg

White Castle is one of the original burgers sliders place...

• Like 2

I recently was on the Sumitt and the Millennium for a side to side cruise. On the Summit the burger was thick and flavorless. However on the Millennium it was excellent! It was a bit thinner and it had caramelized on the outside which I refer to as meat crust lol. It just had a great taste and was night and day different than the one on Summit.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, TeeRick said:

I would pay an upcharge for a very good burger on Celebrity - like perhaps Johnny Rockets on RCCL.

Celebrity tried this with the so-called Top Deck Burger Bar a few years ago.  I had one on Constellation and it was worth it to me. Delicious burgers made to order.  It was short lived - maybe a month?  That was because they made the mistake of substituting it for the free Mast Grill burger.  They should have kept both in place - but they closed the Mast Grill and caused a furor!  Even though they moved the free cheap burgers, hot dogs and fries into the OVC buffet at lunch.  Same deck as the Mast Grill and pool.  But people had to cover up a bit from the pool to get them. 

And yet there's a thread on RC page about there not being any place pool side to get free burgers etc. 

From what I can gather and from my own one personal experience Carnival seems the best for free tasty lunch time choices 

On 2/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, TeeRick said:

Mast Grill/Pool Grill burgers on Celebrity- people love them or hate them.  I'm not a big fan - too fatty.  

I was worried, until I read your description.  My husband has never met a burger which is “too fatty”.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, DaKahuna said:

It was a group decision.  We were a bunch of pretty casual people and the thought of a sit down dinner for 10 - 12 people was not what anyone wanted.  Myself and others have had some pleasant experience with White Castle in the past so more than a few of us thought it was a good idea.  

People who grew up with White Castle know White Castle....went there after Sunday mass many a time to devour a sac of sliders...

problem is, White Castle is no longer the White Castle of old, it seems from DaKahuna's post...

7 minutes ago, padgman1 said:

People who grew up with White Castle know White Castle....went there after Sunday mass many a time to devour a sac of sliders...

problem is, White Castle is no longer the White Castle of old, it seems from DaKahuna's post...

I would not judge all White Castle’s by our experience with the one on Long Island.

I actually had what I thought was a good White Castle buger at the one in Las Vegas. 

• Like 1

I have been on all 3 classes of celebrity ships. The 1st time I went on the edge class was last October on the Apex in Europe. When I got the Burger in the mast grill I was pleasantly surprised that it was much much thicker than what I used to get on the other ships. I didn't know if this was an improvement in the edge class Burger or just an upgrade from previous cruises. These burgers were fresh because there was usually a line. I thought they were very good and juicy. I will be on the edge in a couple of days and I'm hoping they are just as good as they were on the Apex.

• Like 1

Tried the Mast Grill burger on the Solstice many years ago and recently on the Edge. It was awful and I threw each out after a few bites. Toppings couldn't save it. Luminae burgers are quite good, but their dining room has limited lunch times and I don't believe they are open on port days for lunch, so not often accessible to suite guests. Burgers are one lesson Celebrity can learn from HAL as HAL's Dive-In (poolside grill similar to Mast) are absolutely delicious. 

6 hours ago, keysey222 said:

Tried the Mast Grill burger on the Solstice many years ago and recently on the Edge. It was awful and I threw each out after a few bites. Toppings couldn't save it. Luminae burgers are quite good, but their dining room has limited lunch times and I don't believe they are open on port days for lunch, so not often accessible to suite guests. Burgers are one lesson Celebrity can learn from HAL as HAL's Dive-In (poolside grill similar to Mast) are absolutely delicious. 

Funny - I tried three Dive-In burgers on the Westerdam last fall. Threw two of them away after the first bite, choked down half of the third because I was starving. No flavor, dry bun, and the texture suggested they had been sitting out all day. I wish I had sampled the Mast burger last cruise, but they were still on the grill, ten minutes away, and again I was starving. I am on HAL in May and will try to have a bespoke burger cooked to order.