New to Celebrity

Cruisedreamer1

I have some questions about our upcoming Solstice Mexican cruise.

What time does the gym open in the morning? Are the shower rooms accesible from the gym in the early morning (I like to exercise and shower there as to not disturb my husband)?

How many laps does it take to make a mile on the jogging path? I like to bring my toothpicks for counting the laps.

How much does a latte or cappuccino cost? Where is the coffee bar on the ship?

We have the basic the drink package for wine and wine. Can we order these in any bar or restaurant?

How much does the wine tasting class cost?

We have cruised on the major mass market lines and Oceania, Regent and Paul Gauguin so we are curious to see how our  Celebrity experience compares.

Yes the Classic package covers most coffee, yea and hot chocolate. 
The beverage package can be used at bars and restaurants.

There are showers at the fitness centerIm not sure of the opening time.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, long time lurker said:

The basic drink package should cover coffee at Cafe Al Bacio,  as long as it does not add alcohol. 

There are only two drink packages now. Zero proof (no alcohol, but coffees, sodas & bottled water & non alcohol frozen drinks are included)or premium (includes everything)

Edited by awhfy

@Cruisedreamer1:  The Classic package certainly covers lattes and so forth  as long as you don't have a shot of alcohol in them.  The coffees with Bailey's and so forth are covered under the Premium package.  If you order something covered by the Premium package you will be charged for the differential in prices plus the extra tax.  And for those who are tea drinkers Cafe al Bacio has Tea Forte which is also covered by the Classic package.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, awhfy said:

There are only two drink packages now. Zero proof (no alcohol, but coffees, sodas & bottled water & non alcohol frozen drinks are included)or premium (includes everything)

Actually there are three drink packages:   Classic and Premium that are alcohol packages, and Zero Proof, which is non-alcoholic. 

The Zero Proof is included as a part of the Premium Beverage Package, but not the Classic.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

The coffee's at Cafe Al Bacio are only free with the Zero Proof (excluding the ones with alcohol), or the Premium Beverage Package. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

What time does the gym open in the morning? Are the shower rooms accesible from the gym in the early morning (I like to exercise and shower there as to not disturb my husband)?

The advertised hours are 8 AM to 10 PM but I cannot recall the doors ever being locked. 

I have read in other post that some passengers have been able to go in much earlier.  I think the posted hours are actually the hours they are staffed by a Celebrity crewmember but I could be wrong. I am not an early bird when cruising. 

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The advertised hours are 8 AM to 10 PM but I cannot recall the doors ever being locked. 

I have read in other post that some passengers have been able to go in much earlier.  I think the posted hours are actually the hours they are staffed by a Celebrity crewmember but I could be wrong. I am not an early bird when cruising. 

I agree.

Every ship we've been on the gym is never locked. Doors are shut. If the weather is bad and I can't walk the track then I'm in the gym at 6:AM and out by 7:30 and in the shower in the change room. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

This is right! My brother in law is a marathoner so he is very familiar with those early hours! At least on both the Edge and Equinox, the gym was never actually closed despite posted hours. 

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Actually there are three drink packages:   Classic and Premium that are alcohol packages, and Zero Proof, which is non-alcoholic. 

The Zero Proof is included as a part of the Premium Beverage Package, but not the Classic.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

The coffee's at Cafe Al Bacio are only free with the Zero Proof (excluding the ones with alcohol), or the Premium Beverage Package. 

This is not correct. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

12 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

If you look at the link I posted and choose "What's Included" you will notice that there is no mention of any coffee's at all.  I do agree your link, which is accessed from the same page, show them included.  Sooooooo --- 

Will the correct Celebrity Website please stand up! 

Edited by DaKahuna

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If you look at the link I posted and choose "What's Included" you will notice that there is no mention of any coffee's at all.  I do agree your link, which is accessed from the same page, show them included.  Sooooooo --- 

Will the correct Celebrity Website please stand up! 

I am fairly certain you are not just trying to be funny.  On your link, just click on compare packages and it will e clear to you.

Do you honestly believe the Classic package also does not include soda and any bottled water, just because it is not listed on the page showing the different alcoholic drinks?  Premium coffee are the specialty coffee’s that are also included with the Classic package. 

Obviously the non alcoholic package have been consolidate and there is only the Zero Proof package.

This is true unless I misunderstand what you are telling others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am fairly certain you are not just trying to be funny.  On your link, just click on compare packages and it will e clear to you.

Do you honestly believe the Classic package also does not include soda and any bottled water, just because it is not listed on the page showing the different alcoholic drinks?  Premium coffee are the specialty coffee’s that are also included with the Classic package. 

Obviously the non alcoholic package have been consolidate and there is only the Zero Proof package.

This is true unless I misunderstand what you are telling others.

Basically, 3 packages all of which include speciality coffees, teas and chocolate (hot or iced). The 2 packages that include alcohol include coffees with alcohol up to the price limit of your package. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, long time lurker said:

The basic drink package should cover coffee at Cafe Al Bacio,  as long as it does not add alcohol. 

We just returned from a cruise on Silhouette. We had the classic drinks package and were not charged for Irish Coffee at Cafe Al Bacio, but I was charged 1.40 for the shot of Bailey's I had added to my latte.