Does NCL provide any pocket deck plans to passengers?

jeph

Going on Prima to Bermuda in early April, and have heard that many passengers find its flow of public spaces pretty choppy or confusing...I was wondering if any pocket deck plans are available from the main service desk or wherever.

If not, I will check them out on the NCL website, and jot down what's where deck by deck-- e.g., such-and-such restaurant on deck 7 midship starboard, etc.

(Yes, I know, there's always the phone, but I hate having to use it all the time...Remember PAPER?  It never needs batteries! 😆)

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You can download THIS (pdf) and put it on your phone. 

It's not the same as paper but it might help. 

That is a great document! I wish they had it for the other ships for NCL novices or those accustomed to a particular ship class. Epic drove me cracked when I sailed on her after having been on escape, getaway and breakaway. 

anyhow there is a kinda mini plan on the wall beside each elevator bank listing which public areas are on which decks and whether they are forward, aft or mid-ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

That is a great document! I wish they had it for the other ships for NCL novices or those accustomed to a particular ship class. Epic drove me cracked when I sailed on her after having been on escape, getaway and breakaway. 

anyhow there is a kinda mini plan on the wall beside each elevator bank listing which public areas are on which decks and whether they are forward, aft or mid-ships. 

The Prima is kinda hard to navigate. In the public areas, there are not hallways that run forward to aft and the elevators are hidden. In defence of the Italian designers, they are maximizing venue space by not having halls, it was a wee bit confusing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I haven't seen the small, foldable, paper deck plans handed out in years.  I think they are a thing of the past.

I figured as much!  My improvised notes should suffice, though. 😎

I just saved the relevant deck plans to my computer, laid each one on a Publisher document in landscape (4 or 5 to a page), and then printed out the two color pages on cardstock. Then I cut them out, glued them front to back, and laid them down on a laminating sheet with a gap between each one. Smooshed another laminating sheet on top. The gaps between are where I fold it. 

It ended up being about 8 inches by 1.5 inches, folded.  Figured it would fit in a beach bag, purse or pocket if I need it.

Shipmate is a free App on Android and iOS - we use it to store, offline, our upcoming ship's cruise info, deck maps, itinerary and other details for use without broadband access.  Saved under the "My Cruises" tab - there is also a handy cruise packing checklist to use. 

NCL's App ... still digitally "work in progress" after all these years.  

Edited by mking8288

6 hours ago, kikipug said:

They're in the app, and they're posted on the wall of every stairway/elevator bank.  

yes, but on Sky this month just having a list of what's on each deck only got us to the deck, not which direction to go when exiting the elevator. It's very helpful to know which elevator bank offers the quickest route.