Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

Bonbonn

Hi going on the Caribbean Princess on April 15th 2023 Western Caribbean. I do not see a roll call but anyone have a recommendation for a hotel. Something clean possibly with a shuttle to the port or from airport? This will be for the night before our cruise

Thanks!

While waiting for specific recommendations, check out www.sunny.org.  One of the filters on the hotel page is by shuttle.  Remember that those shuttles that charge do so by person.  If your travel party is made up of 2 or more people, Uber or Lyft may be cheaper especially if you are staying in a hotel in the 17th Street area (closest to the port).

BTW what is your budget?  That will help with recommendations.

I just realized that you posted this on the Ask a Cruise Question forum.  You will get more responses on the Florida Departures forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

The moderator may move this to that forum.

Edited by capriccio

31 minutes ago, Bonbonn said:

Hi going on the Caribbean Princess on April 15th 2023 Western Caribbean. I do not see a roll call...

@Bonbonn

Click here April 15-29, 2023 Caribbean East/West Adventurer for your Roll Call thread.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread you started or any other thread where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new replies because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 10:39 PM, Bonbonn said:

Hi going on the Caribbean Princess on April 15th 2023 Western Caribbean. I do not see a roll call but anyone have a recommendation for a hotel. Something clean possibly with a shuttle to the port or from airport? This will be for the night before our cruise

Thanks!

There is a musical festival that weekend, rates are high!! No need for a shuttle, just Uber to the port. Quicker and less than a taxi usually 

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

@BonbonnConsider hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb west of Fort Lauderdale.  All the major brands are there and at least some of them have shuttles.  The Hampton Inn is frequently mentioned on this board.

+1 on Plantation, particularly during high season. The prices out there don't seem to fluctuate nearly as much as on 17th St, and stay pretty consistent throughout the year, For mid-April, I'm seeing prices about half or less of what they are near the port. Only downside to staying in Plantation is the longer distance from FLL and PE, but the savings are significant

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, arriving at FLL airport.  Anyone know anything about the Marriott Airport on N. Compass Way in Dania ?  Site says there is airport shuttle to the airport

I'm also watching the Marriott on N.Campus Way.  They are developing that area (Dania Pointe) with nice hotels; restaurants, and entertainment.  I'll be watching this (and listening on the board) for how it turns out.  There appears to be a lot of construction there now.

59 minutes ago, MD_Dan said:

I'm also watching the Marriott on N.Campus Way.  They are developing that area (Dania Pointe) with nice hotels; restaurants, and entertainment.  I'll be watching this (and listening on the board) for how it turns out.  There appears to be a lot of construction there now.

Yes, there is much more construction than last year.  My “city view” room was a view of empty concrete condo construction across the street.☹️  Book a pool view if view matters to you.  On the upside, Dania Pointe has more shops and restaurants open.  

• Like 1

I stayed at the Riverside on Los Olas . Nice smaller hotel and they have a great breakfast . Was very clean and quiet. I was in a Tower room which i believe is the newer part of this hotel.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:36 AM, loman said:

I stayed at the Riverside on Los Olas . Nice smaller hotel and they have a great breakfast . Was very clean and quiet. I was in a Tower room which i believe is the newer part of this hotel.

I failed to mention that the breakfast is not free. 

But i enjoyed it and it was delivered to our table with a robot .

I had never experienced that before . Quite the surprise .

• Like 1

I have stayed at least twice at the Rodeway Inn in Ft. Lauderdale and am currently booked there for a cruise next February. They have a shuttle to/from the airport and they have free shuttles from the hotel to the cruise terminal up until 11 am (I think) and then anytime after that for $5 pp. Basic accommodations but they do have a restaurant. We've been pleased each time and plan to stay on each departure out of FFL.

Edited by TC Cruiser

On 3/12/2023 at 11:50 AM, loman said:

I failed to mention that the breakfast is not free. 

But i enjoyed it and it was delivered to our table with a robot .

I had never experienced that before . Quite the surprise .

Is this fairly new with the robot? We are staying there next month.  Love the Riverside!

22 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Is this fairly new with the robot? We are staying there next month.  Love the Riverside!

I was there in September when this happened. It was around 8 am so only a few tables occupied which gave the robot room to maneuver.

Its actually a motorized cart with two shelves which will allow it to bring two plates right to your table from the kitchen.

It was my only time there , so dont know when this robot start up was.

2 hours ago, loman said:

I was there in September when this happened. It was around 8 am so only a few tables occupied which gave the robot room to maneuver.

Its actually a motorized cart with two shelves which will allow it to bring two plates right to your table from the kitchen.

It was my only time there , so dont know when this robot start up was.

That's pretty cool.  Thanks

We are staying at the LaQuinta Airport on 26th Ave. Great price with free airport shuttle and a decent breakfast included. They do arrange shuttle to the port for reasonable fee (I think $20 for both of us). We’re staying there for the 3rd time in January 2024.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:07 PM, TC Cruiser said:

I have stayed at least twice at the Rodeway Inn in Ft. Lauderdale and am currently booked there for a cruise next February. They have a shuttle to/from the airport and they have free shuttles from the hotel to the cruise terminal up until 11 am (I think) and then anytime after that for $5 pp. Basic accommodations but they do have a restaurant. We've been pleased each time and plan to stay on each departure out of FFL.

I've booked this hotel for our group cruise next January.  I was a little hesitant but your post put my mind at ease.  I know it's not upscale, but as long as it's clean and safe......

On 3/28/2023 at 10:09 AM, LPYRCRUISER said:

I've booked this hotel for our group cruise next January.  I was a little hesitant but your post put my mind at ease.  I know it's not upscale, but as long as it's clean and safe......

I suggest you read some Trip Advisor reviews of the Rodeway Inn and take a look at the manager's repsonse whenever anyone is the least bit critical.  All I can say is, never again....

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I suggest you read some Trip Advisor reviews of the Rodeway Inn and take a look at the manager's repsonse whenever anyone is the least bit critical.  All I can say is, never again....

Perhaps things have changed since we last stayed there. I guess we'll find out, but we had nothing but good experiences in the past.

1 hour ago, TC Cruiser said:

Perhaps things have changed since we last stayed there. I guess we'll find out, but we had nothing but good experiences in the past.

Well, some of their reviews are good and others are more along the lines of “what do you want from a discount hotel?” so not everyone has a bad experience. Hopefully you’ll still find it good 😊