Platinum latitudes and Teppanyaki

Mom2B&Z

We are platinum cruisers leaving in 2 weeks (YAY!) on the Gem. I’m confused about how exactly the new latitudes dinner rewards can be used at Teppanyaki, specifically what are “4 items” when the meal is a flat fee? I’d like to book it but want to know exactly what is and is not included.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mom2B&Z said:

We are platinum cruisers leaving in 2 weeks (YAY!) on the Gem. I’m confused about how exactly the new latitudes dinner rewards can be used at Teppanyaki, specifically what are “4 items” when the meal is a flat fee? I’d like to book it but want to know exactly what is and is not included.

Thanks!

That's an editing error by NCL, they've copied over wording from Food Republic and similar places. 

Everything is included at Teppanyaki (except alcohol or speciality coffees).  Even a good Japanese green tea, if you ask for it (most people don't know it's available).

• Like 1

Just got home on Sunday and concur with the others.  The other thing we learned (luckily before our first meal), at Cagneys, if you use your dinner plan from free at sea you get the following:

1. One appetizer
  2. One salad OR Soup
  3. One Entree 
  4. Two Sides
  5. Dessert

But, to reward you for your loyalty to NCL you get the following (Said with plenty of sarcasm):

1. A single item from the appetizer, salad, and soup categories
  2. One Entree
  3. One Side
  4. Dessert

We used our free at sea dinner at Cagneys and our platinum meals at Moderno and Teppanyaki. 

• Like 5

Just back from the Gem. We deliberately used a Latitudes voucher at Teppanyaki because the entire meal is covered; there are no courses to choose from. Save the FAS Specialty Dining for venues like Cagney’s and Le Bistro. 

BTW, the service at Cagney’s on the Gem was fabulous. (Wish that had been the case at Le Bistro.) We ate at Cagney’s 4 times during our 23 day B2B.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Just back from the Gem. We deliberately used a Latitudes voucher at Teppanyaki because the entire meal is covered; there are no courses to choose from. Save the FAS Specialty Dining for venues like Cagney’s and Le Bistro. 

BTW, the service at Cagney’s on the Gem was fabulous. (Wish that had been the case at Le Bistro.) We ate at Cagney’s 4 times during our 23 day B2B.  

With the change in the Specialty Dining Package, the latitudes and SDP are the same. 

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

With the change in the Specialty Dining Package, the latitudes and SDP are the same. 

That was not our experience on the Gem.  We ate twice at Le Bistro on the B2B, the first time using the FAS Specialty Dining, and the second time using our Sapphire Lats voucher. With the SDP, we were allowed to have soup AND a salad, but with the Lats voucher, the server said we could only have soup OR a salad, and no app.

• Like 1

hi, so the latitudes vouchers are no longer 1 for cagneys or lebistro, and 1 for moderno or lacucina?  i dont ever remember being able ot use them at teppanyaki, buit if you can that's awesome.

obviously it makes sense to use these at tepp and moderno as they are both flat fee and use FAS for the non-flat fee.

this is def a game changer.

when we were on a few weeks ago, i was looking for the right coupon and teh maitre d' said "oh it doesnt matter which one anymore" and we took that to mean that the two coupons were interchangeable for the 4 listed restaurants.   never thought to ask!!

as an aside, as much as we love teppanyaki, $70 is freakin' outrageous.  id never pay that for a dinner there.  

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

That was our experience as well, on the Gem in July 2022. Fabulous service at Cagney's and the opposite at Le Bistro (and usually Le Bistro is our favorite - but not on that cruise....).

3 minutes ago, takingthefam2cruz said:

About Teppenyaki??? has anyone been there since the change of the beef?  I am reading menus and it now says New York Strip as the beef offering.  

Yes, just ate there on the Gem a few weeks ago.  My favorite dish has always been the steak and shrimp, and the steak is now New York strip.  It was really tough; hard to cut and pretty difficult to chew.  A real disappointment.  

22 hours ago, takingthefam2cruz said:

Can you ask for soda instead of wine with the "free wine" voucher?  We don't drink wine. 

I've had both success and failure with this in the past.  This time, they didn't even ask about the bottle of wine and we didn't bring it up.  I purchased a soda package and my husband was happy with water.

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

When was the change implemented?  They weren't treated the same for us just last week on the Dawn.  We used our SDP at Cagney's and were told told 1 app, 1 soup or salad and 2 sides like I posted above.  The people sitting next to us used their platinum voucher and were told they could only have 1 side and one from the appetizer or soup or salad.

We just disembarked the Bliss. After reading this thread, I wonder if our server at Cagney’s made a mistake. We used our latitudes voucher and were told 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 entree, 1 sauce, 2 sides and 1 dessert. We had an excellent meal and our server was great. The 2nd voucher we used at La Cucina and it was not good at all. Food was mediocre at best and service was meh. There it was 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert. 

Teppanyaki used to serve a small plate of salted Edamame beans, nice to nibble on before they bring out the miso soup and salad - we missed having them,  Last time on the Joy, the individual serving size was probably worth about 25 cents or 50 cents at most based on retail price, less when they bulk ordered from wholesale distributors.  

If most folks didn't noticed another subtle change, NCL isn't going to bring them back, if at all.  

28 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Teppanyaki used to serve a small plate of salted Edamame beans, nice to nibble on before they bring out the miso soup and salad - we missed having them,  Last time on the Joy, the individual serving size was probably worth about 25 cents or 50 cents at most based on retail price, less when they bulk ordered from wholesale distributors.  

If most folks didn't noticed another subtle change, NCL isn't going to bring them back, if at all.  

I think CC needs to put another icon other than like/haha/and trophy.  More and more I am seeing things that I don't like and this is one of them.  Really... how much could those little beans count - question for the bean counters?  Keep going and you may not have any to count at some point when people say ENOUGH! 

I am still looking forward to our upcoming Gem cruise in a couple weeks but depending on how it goes I may cancel the next two and I am a Sapphire customer.  Even though I know other cruise lines probably are not much different within the price range I'm willing to spend so it will be a tough decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

on Breakaway last month we got the Edamame.  Weird you did not.  Maybe certain ships they are seeing if they can get away with not offering it.

I did notice they no longer do the paper menu with the Origami.  THAT, i actually missed LOL.

I dont like Miso soup, so ive always asked instead for double salad which theyve done for me.

we too had strip steak instead of filet.  i opted for the chicken which was good, as i dont like any steak other than Filet and Hanger.