Coco Beach Club on CocoCay- worth it?

On 11/12/2023 at 9:09 AM, schooner_Drinker said:

IMG_3120.thumb.jpeg.6e70637daa2a0d8910583ce9bec8e01c.jpeg

Is this near the Beach Club? The description and videos do not show it. They just show a sit down restaurant , seated by reservation, with food that looks fancy, even to or better than the specialty restaurants.

Edited by budmeister

11 minutes ago, budmeister said:

Is this near the Beach Club? The description and videos do not show it. They just show a sit down restaurant , seated by reservation, with food that looks fancy, even to or better than the specialty restaurants.

We were at the beach club last week.  Lunch was great, I had the surf and turf - a half lobster and a petite filet.  I like the beach club because it’s not crowded and is quieter.  The cost can vary depending on ship and date.  Sometimes it is worth it to me to spend the extra.  We don’t do the specialty dining onboard, so this is our splurge.  I often have some onboard credit that I use to offset the cost.  The Black Friday sale on now has some good deals for our sailings.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, mrobstad said:

So many new things when you’ve been away from RCCL for a while.  I’ll definately download the app since I won’t have wi fi.  One service I really miss is having your own personal cruise consultant.  Any time I have a question, I’m speaking to someone in the Philippines.  At NCL, you still have a PCC who can help with dining, shows, shareholder credit etc.  

Clarification:  

- Yes, you should download the app now.  You'll want it before you sail -- you can view MDR menus and shore excursions now.  And you can reserve those things.  As your cruise draws nearer, you'll be able to see the entertainment, etc.  So, yeah, you need it NOW.  

- Once you're onboard you'll need the app for your muster station, and it'll be useful for other things. 

- Even if you don't pay for wifi, the app will work for you onboard.  

1 hour ago, budmeister said:

This is one of the Snack Shacks -- people like their food. 

If you'll pull up a map of the island, you'll see that 4-5 of them are scattered across the island.  It will not be open until 11:00ish -- same as the two larger venues:  The Chill Grill and the Skipper's Grill.  (FYI:  Those are identical except for color scheme.). No food -- no breakfast, no snacks -- are available prior to lunchtime. 

If you're really concerned about being hungry, you could pick up some cookies the day before and bring them onto the island.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

SNACK SHACK 

Is unique, there is only ONE called the Snack shack on South beach 

And opening time is 10:30 not 11:00

I looked it up.  Coco Cay has THREE Snack Shacks:

- One inside the Thrill Waterpark, so not available to all of us

- One near Oasis Lagoon 

- One on South Beach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 8:58 AM, renza said:

Only if it is $75 or less. Not even close to worth it if more. 

Worth opinions are the same as food. Just like folks don’t have the same taste buds we don’t all value money the same. Like not even close to the same.

I am well aware that I don’t HAVE to spend extra on Coco Cay, but I choose to pay because we really liked the atmosphere and food at the BC. For our first cruise to Coco Cay this past February, we tried the BC because we didn’t want to stress about which beach to choose, wanted something on the less crowded side, and wanted beach, ocean, and pool close together. We loved it. We paid about $90 per person with the 2022 Black Friday sale. 

Our next cruise sails in 2 weeks, and I purchased BC again several months ago to reserve my spot, and checked the pricing every single day since booking.  It’s dropped three times from about $180 pp and now to the $78.99 deal!  Woot!  An actual SALE!  

teddie

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, teddie said:

I am well aware that I don’t HAVE to spend extra on Coco Cay, but I choose to pay because we really liked the atmosphere and food at the BC. For our first cruise to Coco Cay this past February, we tried the BC because we didn’t want to stress about which beach to choose, wanted something on the less crowded side, and wanted beach, ocean, and pool close together. We loved it. We paid about $90 per person with the 2022 Black Friday sale. 

Our next cruise sails in 2 weeks, and I purchased BC again several months ago to reserve my spot, and checked the pricing every single day since booking.  It’s dropped three times from about $180 pp and now to the $78.99 deal!  Woot!  An actual SALE!  

teddie

Boy, things sure have changed in a few years! So if we choose not to pay (anything), what can we expect at Coco Cay? It was so lovely ten years ago, but I’ve read other cruise lines use the island, too.  

On 11/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, schooner_Drinker said:

This is how Jason Liberty sees Cococay for when Icon and Utopia are docked same day 

IMG_3223.jpeg.c3c815fcbd507ad13927e998feb421d4.jpeg

Cash Cow Cay 

That picture is too close to reality to be funny!  😱  

I think they need a bigger island! 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, BecciBoo said:

For ICON beach club is still astronomical at $260 pp.  I got our Hideaway Beach pass reduced Friday down to $63 pp.  No change on anything today.

@BecciBoo, check your prices on Hideaway Beach. I got it for our Wonder cruise next September yesterday for $33.98. It is also that same price on our Allure cruise next April. I’m not really that impressed with the descriptions of Hideaway Beach that I’ve seen so far. I think it sounds like it is going to be too noisy with the nonstop DJ and it looks like it is not open enough to the ocean for my personal taste. That said, for $33.98 pp I decided it was worth a try. If we don’t like it we’ll just move on. I really wish the Beach Club was a little less that it’s current price of $123.99. If it was I’d be going there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mrobstad said:

Boy, things sure have changed in a few years! So if we choose not to pay (anything), what can we expect at Coco Cay? It was so lovely ten years ago, but I’ve read other cruise lines use the island, too.  

I’ve never heard of other cruise lines using the island. When was this?

On 11/13/2023 at 10:36 AM, schooner_Drinker said:

I agree with you 

plenty of places for free and quiet and tranquil 

When there is only one ship docked

We were there this past Thursday Allure and Anthem

It was jammed 

And we walked the island 🏝️ 

Never seen it that packed before, it was like Disney 

Ugh. I'm on Anthem and we'll be there with Liberty. NOT looking forward to this and really wishing I hadn't booked with a non-refundable deposit. 😞

20 hours ago, budmeister said:

Is there  food available in the beach Club other than your reserved lunch time? If not, how far it is to a snack if you are hungry b4 your reservation time? 

no.  We ran into this.  Places to snack aren't that far.  They will give you a wristband to reenter.  We weren't the only ones doing it.

I personally think they should have an "upgraded" buffet from 11a to 2p and skip the sitdown times as drinking without food is not always good.  I get people like the menu and the sit down but we didn't.  Just my preference. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

@BecciBoo, check your prices on Hideaway Beach. I got it for our Wonder cruise next September yesterday for $33.98

Poo, still $62.99 pp for our ICON.  But thanks, I've been keeping a daily check on both our next cruises.  Picked up the $15 Chops lunch on boarding day on our Voyager.  But ICON remains pretty steep.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ugh. I'm on Anthem and we'll be there with Liberty. NOT looking forward to this and really wishing I hadn't booked with a non-refundable deposit. 😞

Is there a site you can check and see what ships will be there?

On 11/13/2023 at 9:27 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

Our definitions of theme parks are different.  It's still very possible to sit in a free chair at Coco Cay and have a quiet day reading your book or listening to your music, while enjoying the sand and sea. 

Absolutely, if you walk further back on the south beach you will feel totally isolated.  We've been to CoCo Cay many times, never had to pre-empt due to weather, guess we were just lucky...and saw it at its most primitive and we still love it.  Don't expect it to ever be as crowded as that beach picture...yes, they are maximizing their investment and profit, but we would happy not spending any money at all there, just as fun and relaxing as it ever was if you know where to park.  I can't wait till Sept. to go again.  Since Celebrity is part of the RCI family they go there too, never heard of any other line though.

• Thanks 1

Ugh. I'm on Anthem and we'll be there with Liberty. NOT looking forward to this and really wishing I hadn't booked with a non-refundable deposit. @WrittenOnYourHeart

I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy yourself there, it's the berries.  Smaller ships, it shouldn't be too crowded.  If you don't want to spend extra, just go park at the Lagoon pool at the shallow end away from the DJ/bar and chill.  Or head to South Beach and sun sand and sea, watch the critters there in the shallow salt grass, snorkel a bit and you may see baby nurse sharks and sting rays, even a pink octopus!, be sure to shuffle your feet there.

P1011126.JPG

pink octopus.png

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1