Coco Beach Club on CocoCay- worth it?

Who has gotten a day pass for Coco Beach Club? Is it worth it? I'm traveling with my 15-year-old son over spring break and I'm trying to decide what we should do on CocoCay. It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise. Not sure what it includes - mentions just this on the excursion page. Seems pretty light for that kind of price. I've never been to CocoCay, however, so I'd like to hear other people's experiences with it. I mean, you get premium towels!

• Full day access to Coco Beach Club.
  • Complimentary upscale Coco Beach Club restaurant.
  • Complimentary chairs, umbrellas, and premium towels.
Edited by njsmom

20 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Who has gotten a day pass for Coco Beach Club? Is it worth it? I'm traveling with my 15-year-old son over spring break and I'm trying to decide what we should do on CocoCay. It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise. Not sure what it includes - mentions just this on the excursion page. Seems pretty light for that kind of price. I've never been to CocoCay, however, so I'd like to hear other people's experiences with it. I mean, you get premium towels!

• Full day access to Coco Beach Club.
  • Complimentary upscale Coco Beach Club restaurant.
  • Complimentary chairs, umbrellas, and premium towels.

We did it on our Symphony cruise.

It was nice.

We got it for $69.

The food, well they served tons of appetizers and then your meal.  So much was wasted.

Enjoyed the meal.

You got to pick your time and a table was reserved for you.

The beach area was clean, spacious.

Water was crystal clear.

The floaties were available and I drifted with the current way way down the beach.

The local small shark came to visit, and apparently he resides their, no harm from him.

Took the tram to get their, had to wait the line was long.

Coming back, we left a tad early and did not have to wait.

This year, just slumming it at the freebies area.

Wanting to try it out.

Take care

Enjoy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We did the Beach Club on our last cruise because I booked it during the black Friday sales for about $90pp.  For us, it was worth that price, but not more - and certainly not worth over $200pp.  But - worth is subjective.  People are paying those prices, so...

It is nice, but the biggest benefit is the lower crowd, and the lunch is pretty good.

• Like 2

I could definitely see doing it for $100 or less pp. But this is close to $500 for my son and I. I'm assuming there are other things a teenager will want to see on the island? 

Edited by njsmom

No chance I'd do it for $233 per person. That is insanity! Based on other threads I've read, consensus seems to be anything around $80-$90 per person. But if money is no object for you, then by all means. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Complimentary chairs and umbrellas? Lol you get those pretty much everywhere on the island.  I'd say the answer is no.

Don't forget the PREMIUM TOWELS

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Who has gotten a day pass for Coco Beach Club? Is it worth it? I'm traveling with my 15-year-old son over spring break and I'm trying to decide what we should do on CocoCay. It's $232.99 per person for the Coco Beach Club on our upcoming cruise

Here's my take, we've never been to CoCo Cay either but we will be there Monday, which also happens to be our 30th Anniversary so we did purchase it at $159pp when it was on sale for Black Friday.  It was mostly advertised at $239pp for most of the year.  It has been sold out since Black Friday.  I was hoping it would get to under $100 but it never did.  The #1 reason I bought it was there will be 2 cruise ships at Coco Cay that day.  We will be on the Wonder and the Odyssey will be there as well.  Potentially over 10k on the island and we just wanted to be in a quieter and more relaxed area.  So we found the value in it, the upgraded dining and amenities are nice, but the most important thing to us (a couple in our 50's) was having a lighter crowd.

Now you are traveling with your 15 y/o son, he may want to be around younger people enjoying slides, zip lines, water activities, etc so the value may not be there for your situation.  As far as worth, it is to us even though I feel we're overpaying.  But once we pay for something we tend to not even think about it anymore. But to you depending on your financial situation may feel it's at the right price.  You will get a bunch of comments on if it's "worth" it. 

Here's a link to Coca Cay's port schedule if you think that's a consideration:

https://cruisedig.com/ports/coco-cay-bahamas

• Like 8

We tried it while sailing on Symphony. It was ok. definitely NOT worth 200+.

I believe we paid about a 100 each.  The lobster was ok. It is not a Maine lobster. 

The loungers are bit nicer than most other places on the island. Drink staff was slow. 

Pool & beach were not crowded. I don't think we would do it again. A cabana on Chill island is nice if you  can get it for a decent amount, I'm talking under 500. I know that is a rarity but it can happen.

We got a Chill island cabana on black Friday for $349.00.  There is enough to do without spending any extra money on Coco Cay. You can find a nice shady or sunny spot for free. If the weather is uncooperative I never feel bad about heading back to the ship early if no extra cost is involved.

• Like 2

Your money, but for me,  absolutely not worth it at that price.  In fact, a teen may be bored.   Basically, you are paying almost $500 for an upgraded lunch and nice padded chairs and of course the exclusivity of the venue.  

NON beach club, there are thousands of complementary chairs /umbrellas, several lunch venues with a nice variety of options, a complimentary very large pool and pool party atmosphere.    Several complimentary beaches for enjoyment.   A sports area that is always active with teens. And there are also some paid activities such as the water park, zip line etc. 

We did the beach club once and I was not impressed.  Luckily it was when it just opened, and it was way cheaper than the current rates. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

I could definitely see doing it for $100 or less pp. But this is close to $500 for my son and I. I'm assuming there are other things a teenager will want to see on the island? 

there is so much to that island! And a teen wouldn't care to be around much older folks in the Club...

And the free food in the Snack Shack is fantastic! The funnel cakes!!!!!image.jpeg.6611be8c69b125ac611d4f403d09230b.jpeg

Hint: the questions you are asking have already been answered many times on this board. You can always use the Search window, or have your 15 yo do it. 🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 5

I have mobility issues and need to take the tram  when I visit this summer.  I booked the beach club thinking it would be easier to navigate by tram.  Is it easier to get there by tram or should I look at chill beach which has some beds still available.  Cruise is for. adult daughter and myself.

Any thoughts appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

I have mobility issues and need to take the tram  when I visit this summer.  I booked the beach club thinking it would be easier to navigate by tram.  Is it easier to get there by tram or should I look at chill beach which has some beds still available.  Cruise is for. adult daughter and myself.

Tram can take you pretty much anywhere on the island.  Your choice.

• Like 2

I went to Coco Beach Club two cruises ago but not on the last cruise.  The last time I went I think I got it for around $80pp.  At that price, I would consider it worth it (my opinion).  You're really paying for a nicer lunch and a slightly nicer beach area.  At $200+PP  I wouldn't do it.  My last cruise prices were well over $160pp and I decided not to do it.  On my last cruise, I found a great spot (chairs w/ an umbrella) near the water, and the free lunch was very good in my opinion.  There were a ton of options and the quality was great.  I was also there with two ships and worried about the crowding but we just got off early and found our spot and had a GREAT day without any additional cost.  As others have said, value is in the eye of the beholder but in my opinion for Coco Beach Club the price would have to be under $100pp for me to consider.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elizabethbp said:

Do you specifically need the beach bed, or are you referring to a beach lounger.   The tram will stop at various beaches with beach loungers fairly close. I recall we had a bit of a walk from the tram stop to the inside of the beach club.    If necessary, there are also sand wheel chairs. 

Good luck

M

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Hint: the questions you are asking have already been answered many times on this board. You can always use the Search window, or have your 15 yo do it. 🙂

Right?!!! My problem is when I do the search with AND - CocoCay AND Beach AND Club the search feature falters and I get an error message. It isn't working for me once I add Boolean operators to the search function. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

Here's my take, we've never been to CoCo Cay either but we will be there Monday, which also happens to be our 30th Anniversary so we did purchase it at $159pp when it was on sale for Black Friday.  It was mostly advertised at $239pp for most of the year.  It has been sold out since Black Friday.  I was hoping it would get to under $100 but it never did.  The #1 reason I bought it was there will be 2 cruise ships at Coco Cay that day.  We will be on the Wonder and the Odyssey will be there as well.  Potentially over 10k on the island and we just wanted to be in a quieter and more relaxed area.  So we found the value in it, the upgraded dining and amenities are nice, but the most important thing to us (a couple in our 50's) was having a lighter crowd.

Now you are traveling with your 15 y/o son, he may want to be around younger people enjoying slides, zip lines, water activities, etc so the value may not be there for your situation.  As far as worth, it is to us even though I feel we're overpaying.  But once we pay for something we tend to not even think about it anymore. But to you depending on your financial situation may feel it's at the right price.  You will get a bunch of comments on if it's "worth" it. 

Here's a link to Coca Cay's port schedule if you think that's a consideration:

https://cruisedig.com/ports/coco-cay-bahamas

Thanks! There will be one other ship there when we are there. I had considered how if it was my husband and I, we would be much more inclined to do the Beach Club, but my son is going to want to run around and see the girls and hang with the teenagers. I am happy reading a book and sitting in the shade. I burn very easily! So, not spending the money. It's settled.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Thanks! There will be one other ship there when we are there. I had considered how if it was my husband and I, we would be much more inclined to do the Beach Club, but my son is going to want to run around and see the girls and hang with the teenagers. I am happy reading a book and sitting in the shade. I burn very easily! So, not spending the money. It's settled.

good choice.  For that crazy price, you can do so many other things either in port or on the  ship--zip lines, dining, etc.  

• Like 2

We did it in December for $89 pp.  i wouldn’t pay more than $100pp.  Lunch was great and the pool was lovely.  We took the tram to the island from the ship, then switched to another tram which took us to the beach club.  Easy.

I would never pay $200 for it.  That’s ridiculous imho. It’s about 5-6 hours of your time.  You can still have a lovely day on the island and not spend a penny which we have done too.

• Like 2

The key is getting on that tram early, we are always out of the ship a few minutes after the go ashore announcement.  The tram is waiting right at the ship to pick up peeps, if not just wait a minute.  You will have your pick of the entire island if you make the effort.  Club was lovely, but been there done that.  Last time we got a prime spot lounger at the other end of the Oasis pool away from loud music perfect. Tram circles the island so you can go to any area on it.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is so much to that island! And a teen wouldn't care to be around much older folks in the Club...

And the free food in the Snack Shack is fantastic! The funnel cakes!!!!!image.jpeg.6611be8c69b125ac611d4f403d09230b.jpeg

Ask for the "secret chicken sandwich"  So worth it.  Hint - the item they add to the sandwich is in the sides with a sauce...

I have always enjoyed spending the day at the main pool.  Plenty of music, room to swim and a lively bar 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Ask for the "secret chicken sandwich"  So worth it.  Hint - the item they add to the sandwich is in the sides with a sauce...

I have always enjoyed spending the day at the main pool.  Plenty of music, room to swim and a lively bar 

I don't want to be surprised with a secret ingredient I don't like. For example, I can't stand tomato based sauces. But I can order mozarella sticks and put them on my chicken sandwich myself. 🙂

• Like 2