Green lane to Blue lane... WHY?

cruisinderek

I am 43 days out from my cruise and checked in 2 weeks ago. I was listed as green lane but yesterday when I checked it changed back to blue lane. I have gone through all of my personal data and rechecked to make sure it is all done. Everything seems to be filled out and I cant find anything missing. I have all the green checks on the required information in the ocean ready section. I still have the QR code showing on my app but my boarding group is now gone. Has anyone seen this before??

• Like 2

If you are on an enhanced voyage that could be the reason if you can't correct it or it doesn't self-correct after a couple of days.  At least that is the thinking on our Roll Call!

We have a cruise out of Australia on April 2 and had been in the green lane for months.  As of March 2nd we are in the Blue Lane.  The check in the Personal Information & Documents section of the Travel Checklist disappeared and if there was a check in the Wellness section it has disappeared.  That makes sense to me:  this is an enhanced voyage. In fact there is an explanatory note on Wellness screen that because it is an enhanced voyage additional information is needed.

The wellness check consists of 3 actions that can't be completed until within 24 hours of boarding.

• Answering have had any covid symptoms in the last 7 days?
  • Answering "Do you meet the vaccination requirements to sail?
  • Uploading Negative PCR/Antigen Test result.
  • Uploading proof of vaccine if necessary (mine has 'complete' checked).
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I'm very unhappy with this "all on the app" rubbish!

Cashless for a start bothers me........if the app goes down, then what? Putting in credit card details online is something I NEVER do, but it seems I have no choice. Sadly, if I'd known this before, I would not have proceeded with my bookings. 

I have spent more time on this ridiculous app than I care to talk about.......I will never go Princess Cruises again; I can tell you that!!!

On 3/4/2023 at 1:50 AM, cruisinderek said:

I am 43 days out from my cruise and checked in 2 weeks ago. I was listed as green lane but yesterday when I checked it changed back to blue lane. I have gone through all of my personal data and rechecked to make sure it is all done. Everything seems to be filled out and I cant find anything missing. I have all the green checks on the required information in the ocean ready section. I still have the QR code showing on my app but my boarding group is now gone. Has anyone seen this before??

Having the same problem but also our icons have an exclamation mark next to them. Ho hum, this is more nuisance than the whole experience is. 

Unless you have your medallion delivered to your home you will be in blue lane. The lanes have changed…..green for those who have filled it all in and have a medallion, blue for those who collect medallion at port and yellow fort hoses who need assistance. This changed the beginning of the month. Turn up when you like no booking of arrival times……prepare for carnage at embarkation!!!!

Edited by Bogof1
Spelling

1 hour ago, Bogof1 said:

Unless you have your medallion delivered to your home you will be in blue lane. The lanes have changed…..green for those who have filled it all in and have a medallion, blue for those who collect medallion at port and yellow fort hoses who need assistance. This changed the beginning of the month. Turn up when you like no booking of arrival times……prepare for carnage at embarkation!!!!

Picked up a Medallion in Southampton 11 days ago and was on the ship 20 minutes later.  Don’t sweat the Green/Blue lane stuff, but YMMV.

4 hours ago, Bogof1 said:

I doubt there will be carnage. We have gotten medallions at the port for our last couple of cruises. In the past year I have not been asked once about what color. 

It has mostly been have a medallion go that way, do not have a medallion go this way. In either case lines, if they existed were short, and check in time was very quick in either case.

3 hours ago, antsp said:

Your all wasting your time, no one even looks at your phone when you check in

Exactly.  Fill.out the information needed for check in then don't worry about it. Time saved is by completing the info not green vs blue.

Edited by ldtr

14 hours ago, Firsttimer45 said:

I'm very unhappy with this "all on the app" rubbish!

Cashless for a start bothers me........if the app goes down, then what? Putting in credit card details online is something I NEVER do, but it seems I have no choice. Sadly, if I'd known this before, I would not have proceeded with my bookings. 

I have spent more time on this ridiculous app than I care to talk about.......I will never go Princess Cruises again; I can tell you that!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Note that the app actually has *nothing* to do with the payment system.  All purchases are handled by the physical medallion, which is simply an RFID device that is scanned when you purchase anything or get on/off the ship.  It functions *exactly* like the old cruise card method.  It has the added advantage of being able to unlock your door as you approach it in the passageway.

You absolutely do NOT need the app while on the ship.  Many people claim that they just lock theirs in the safe.  Personally, I like the advantage of being able to order drinks/food and have it delivered to wherever I am on the ship. (Oh...that's another benefit of the physical medallion...that's how they know where to deliver.)

4 hours ago, Bogof1 said:

Turn up when you like no booking of arrival times……prepare for carnage at embarkation!!!!

No carnage in Sydney, Australia in April where 95% of the cruisers (including us) had to pick up their medallions upon boarding, nor in Fort Lauderdale last month where 6 of our party had to pick up their medallions.  DH and I walked right through Port Everglades check-in (we had our medallions) and the other 6 were less than 10 minutes behind us.  No one checked in either port for embarkation times.  Nor did they on our two cruises out of Fort Lauderdale in 2022.

• Like 1