Specialty Restaurants - Entitlements and Extra Reservations

Stickman1990

From the FAQ just posted - extra specialty restaurant bookings - $50 extra per head for additional reservations if not entitled to extras based on status 

Seems fair to me - it will be interesting to see what entitlements, if any, carryover from old Crystal Society. No mention of certain categories getting more or full WCers getting unlimited but I’m pretty sure that will come  

WHICH RESTAURANTS ARE INCLUDED AND WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO AN UPCHARGE?

Our restaurants are complimentary with the exeption of The Vintage Room. For our specialty restaurants such as Osteria d'Ovidio, guests will be allotted one complimentary reservation per voyage (more than one for longer stays). Reservations above the complimentary allotment will be $50 per person.

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

From the FAQ just posted - extra specialty restaurant bookings - $50 extra per head for additional reservations if not entitled to extras based on status 

Seems fair to me - it will be interesting to see what entitlements, if any, carryover from old Crystal Society. No mention of certain categories getting more or full WCers getting unlimited but I’m pretty sure that will come  

Our restaurants are complimentary with the exeption of The Vintage Room. For our specialty restaurants such as Osteria d'Ovidio, guests will be allotted one complimentary reservation per voyage (more than one for longer stays). Reservations above the complimentary allotment will be $50 per person.

I have never been a lover of an all inclusive luxury line charging for restaurant dining.

Silversea do this and I have never had a better meal in that restaurant compared with others on the ship.

• Like 4

Just now, travelberlin said:

No Asian (Japanese/Peruvian , Chinese) restaurant?

Ivi

It’s in the “to be advised” basket - still being worked

Fingers crossed for a Nobu return but I’ve seen several options for pan Asian restaurants on other luxury lines that would work too 

• Like 1

The FAQ SECTION has been updated:

Plus Icon

Our restaurants are complimentary, except for The Vintage Room. For our specialty restaurants, such as Osteria d'Ovidio, guests will be allotted one complimentary reservation for two people per voyage of up to 11 days (more than one for more extended stays - see below). In addition, guests staying in Crystal Penthouse or Junior Crystal Penthouse Suites can enjoy unlimited free visits.

• Up to 11 days: One complimentary reservation to each restaurant 
  • 12 to 22 days: Two complimentary reservations to each restaurant
  • 23 or more days: Three complimentary reservations to each restaurant

Reservations above the complimentary allotment will be $50 per person

Nancy

• Thanks 4

Very disappointing that what used to be called Penthouses are NOT entitled to unlimited Specialty restaurants, or ordering from menu in cabin, as PH's used to be.  Even if not Aquamarines, at least Sapphires should be entitled.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gwesq said:

Very disappointing that what used to be called Penthouses are NOT entitled to unlimited Specialty restaurants, or ordering from menu in cabin, as PH's used to be.  Even if not Aquamarines, at least Sapphires should be entitled.   

Agreed. And correct me if I'm wrong but those in a regular cabin in the past were able to book in the specialties once ever 7 days? Not 11 days?

I believe that in old Crystal if you were in a regular cabin you could eat once in each of the specialty restaurants for voyages up to 14 days without paying the $30 additional fee.  For voyages over 14 days you were entitled to additional "free" visits to the specialty restaurants. 

41 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

For voyages over 14 days you were entitled to additional "free" visits to the specialty restaurants. 

We’re ahead of the game the with 2 at 12 days now - although it’s $50 a head now 

Now it if was a Nobu restaurant we’re talking about then that would be a bargain I would jump at

Compared to what another line charges for specialty restaurants $50 is quite reasonable and of course that second and subsequent chargeable visit is entirely optional 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

I believe that in old Crystal if you were in a regular cabin you could eat once in each of the specialty restaurants for voyages up to 14 days without paying the $30 additional fee.  For voyages over 14 days you were entitled to additional "free" visits to the specialty restaurants. 

Correct. And if your Crystal Society status was 50+ you got unlimited free visits.

6 hours ago, gwesq said:

I agree. The Sapphires are priced at 1/3 plus more than the Aquamarines. The only amenities I see as added to the Sapphires are the coffee maker and 1 bag of laundry ever 10 days. Also the size of the cabin.

Patty

7 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I agree. The Sapphires are priced at 1/3 plus more than the Aquamarines. The only amenities I see as added to the Sapphires are the coffee maker and 1 bag of laundry ever 10 days. Also the size of the cabin.

Patty

I suppose the line has to be drawn somewhere.

If it were up to the guests then it would be carnage.😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Pretty important difference - probably the most important one I think 

No because the old PH cabins were quite spacious with no need to jump to a PS. 

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Pretty important difference - probably the most important one I think 

No - that extra space is nice to have, but at that price differential, there needs to be something more in the way of perks.  One bag of laundry doesn't do the job.  

• Like 8

19 hours ago, TER777 said:

Correct. And if your Crystal Society status was 50+ you got unlimited free visits.

A friend called Crystal today and was told NC will provide unlimited complimentary visits for those with 100+ cruises. 

• Like 5

On 3/7/2023 at 5:16 AM, Stickman1990 said:

We’re ahead of the game the with 2 at 12 days now - although it’s $50 a head now 

Now it if was a Nobu restaurant we’re talking about then that would be a bargain I would jump at

Compared to what another line charges for specialty restaurants $50 is quite reasonable and of course that second and subsequent chargeable visit is entirely optional 

on Hapag Lloyd and Regent no single extra on SS only fot La Dame 

4 minutes ago, vistaman said:

on Hapag Lloyd and Regent no single extra on SS only fot La Dame 

SS charges $60 for every visit to La Dame and $40 for every visit to the variously named Japanese restaurants. 

• Like 1