Specialty Restaurants - Entitlements and Extra Reservations

Stickman1990

as a single - so far I only had unpleasant news from New C ...

what is next : a very expensive wine list for non complimentary wines and a hefty corkage fee ? 

I can live without Crystal  having a high status on Hapag Lloyd and for the other cruises : dancing from one special offer for singles on various companies in the luxury level to another  but no SB 

and no more iritating on board ...when thinking on the great days on C before all in . 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

SS no charge for lunch at Japanese restaurant. 40$ in evenings 

In my experience serving at lunch time just slightly more than the limited selection of sushi that is also served in the buffet in La Terraza.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nancygp said:

Not many..use to be, OC, 50 or more cruises

Nancy

Yes and as said used to be if you were in a PH or above (what's now Aquamarine) you had unlimited visits when they has space.

11 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

The Japanese restaurant is included for lunch and it's great.

Nothing like what they serve at dinner. Very limited menu. The sushi rolls etc also available on the lunch buffet at La Terrazza. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Nothing like what they serve at dinner. Very limited menu. The sushi rolls etc also available on the lunch buffet at La Terrazza. 

I had lunch there often and they made anything I asked for. There were so many options for dinner I never thought about them.

3 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

I had lunch there often and they made anything I asked for. There were so many options for dinner I never thought about them.

That is part of the equation. Ss has many more dining options so the paid specialties become less significant in the overall dining experience 

personally I think the 100 cruise requirement is ludicrous. A benefit that applies to a handful of people is no benefit at all

• Like 5

17 hours ago, TER777 said:

A friend called Crystal today and was told NC will provide unlimited complimentary visits for those with 100+ cruises. 

Said friend upon reflection reports that the answer of 100 might have been influenced by the way he worded the question as he is 100+. It could still be 50 or some other number.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Said friend upon reflection reports that the answer of 100 might have been influenced by the way he worded the question as he is 100+. It could still be 50 or some other number.

This is really a turn off for me. As we all have been told over and over the present Crystal is a new Cruise line with nothing at all to do with the old Crystal. If they want to have a status match like MSC roll it out don't tell me that someone who sailed 100 times on some out of business cruise line who stiffed passengers, crew and vendors is superior to me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

This is really a turn off for me. As we all have been told over and over the present Crystal is a new Cruise line with nothing at all to do with the old Crystal. If they want to have a status match like MSC roll it out don't tell me that someone who sailed 100 times on some out of business cruise line who stiffed passengers, crew and vendors is superior to me.

You have a point 

everyone wants at least what they had before— new cruise line or not

it’s a new cruise line but give me what the old cruise line gave me. I must be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in all of this. If the new cruise line doesn’t owe a penny to those who lost money, why does it need to provide any of the amenities or features or options the old cruise line offered to new cruisers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bitob said:

You have a point 

it’s a new cruise line but give me what the old cruise line gave me. I must be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in all of this. If the new cruise line doesn’t owe a penny to those who lost money, why does it need to provide any of the amenities or features or options the old cruise line offered to new cruisers 

Had the new owners not kept the name and rehired many employees then people shouldn’t expect anything to stay the same. However, they did keep the name and rehired many employees, so it doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect some other things to stay more or less the same. Note, I wrote some, not all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

You have a point 

You do not see it differently you read the posts differently. I did not see a single post that does not understand it is a new cruise line and that some things will be different. What’s wrong with commenting on the things one hopes will be similar to what they liked before? As Texas Tillie said above it is REASONABLE to expect some things will be similar since many of the previous employees will be working for the NC and the new owner is very familiar with what people liked about the OC.

11 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

You do not see it differently you read the posts differently. I did not see a single post that does not understand it is a new cruise line and that some things will be different. What’s wrong with commenting on the things one hopes will be similar to what they liked before? As Texas Tillie said above it is REASONABLE to expect some things will be similar since many of the previous employees will be working for the NC and the new owner is very familiar with what people liked about the OC.

I thought someone just posted about what they “expect.”  That’s a far cry from “hope”

I do read carefully btw

words matter

Edited by bitob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TER777 said:

In my experience serving at lunch time just slightly more than the limited selection of sushi that is also served in the buffet in La Terraza.

I found the selection offered in Kaiseki at lunch time much more then available in the La Terraza buffet - and the ambience of that area is much nicer than the buffet 

0ADD1A2E-BB3F-43DE-9BDB-892AEA41F5A9.thumb.jpeg.e73ab2b06820072ea79f090ace02e2f2.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I found the selection offered in Kaiseki at lunch time much more then available in the La Terraza buffet - and the ambience of that area is much nicer than the buffet 

0ADD1A2E-BB3F-43DE-9BDB-892AEA41F5A9.thumb.jpeg.e73ab2b06820072ea79f090ace02e2f2.jpeg

Yum

i remember it well

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bitob said:

I thought someone just posted about what they “expect.”  That’s a far cry from “hope”

I do read carefully btw

words matter

Words do matter so why do you take them out of context? I guess I do not understand your post #38 Which is what I was responding to, or why you believe no one else sees the hypocrisy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bitob said:

That is part of the equation. Ss has many more dining options so the paid specialties become less significant in the overall dining experience 

personally I think the 100 cruise requirement is ludicrous. A benefit that applies to a handful of people is no benefit at all

It could be said that it is insulting.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Hopefully, the many comments here will influence them to change this.  I'd think there will be a bunch of changes/ refinements in the next several months. 

You mean this dream team of highly knowledgeable and experienced cruise people can’t figure out how to do things right in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, TER777 said:

A friend called Crystal today and was told NC will provide unlimited complimentary visits for those with 100+ cruises. 

I wonder if there was either a misunderstanding or someone misspoke, and they meant 100 nights, not 100 cruises?  100 cruises is ridiculous - how many people are there who currently cruise that have that many?   

9 minutes ago, gwesq said:

I wonder if there was either a misunderstanding or someone misspoke, and they meant 100 nights, not 100 cruises?  100 cruises is ridiculous - how many people are there who currently cruise that have that many?   

Surely you’ve seen the plaque of 100+ society members on each ship? On Symphony it’s just across from A Propos next to the railing. I don’t remember where it is on Serenity. There were more and more names added each year, sadly many have gone to that perfect cruise ship in the sky. 

• Like 2