Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We also got our points.

Not that it matters but Lisa and I are at 486, with 30 Oasis Class, 2 on Freedom Class and 3 on Radiance Class.  We’ve sailed 44 times, with 9 on Princess and the rest on RC. Owen has done 20 sailings, with 279 actual points. 19 were with RC and one on Princess.

We should now pat each other on our backs. 😂

413 with 20 more coming soon. So far from pinnacle I dont even think of it. 

You got me way beat. 

I got princess x 3, ncl and carnival. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Glad to hear this has returned to normal. 

We had what appeared to have had some sort of bite after Roatan, but they didn’t itch and they disappeared with a day. 

I also had a bite on my ankle after Maya Key, for two days had a shooting pain in my knee.

I applied some Benadryl cream back on the ship, it disappeared after a few daily applications 

I did notice some large ants on the beach where you and I were 🐜 

I saw a few trying to crawl up my Red Stripe 🍻

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

the problem I’m experiencing now is I think swimmers itch. My whole body itches. I don’t see a rash but my skin around my mid section and back is really itchy and driving me crazy.

anyone else experience this?

I experience it for the last week... Didn't know about "swimmers itch". I thought they changed a bit the formula of chlorine ... or my new swimsuit ....

Didn't swim for about 10 days before Monday (March 20), thinking we'll travel Sunday (March 19) and didn't want to catch a cold before hand, or Covid... 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What a bummer. Get well fast.

I'm so happy it passed me by this cruise, tomorrow I leave for Galveston for radiance. Too close together but just this one time. Last radiance and rcl cruise going to Panama and Columbia so I made a exception to booking so close together. 

Still, deluged with trustee paperwork but off I go on radiance. Then home until sept for hand therapy and back to getting thru this stuff. Saw a couple interesting posts out of Galveston for places to eat. One said top crab cakes (with lots of crab) and fries and I forget but the other also sounded interesting. Tomorrow for dinner. Hard to choose. 

“The Spot” restaurant on the beachfront was where we used to eat when we lived and sailed out of Texas 

Been a few years now, but I recall it being very popular and the food was decent 

Walkable from the Hilton

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

“The Spot” restaurant on the beachfront was where we used to eat when we lived and sailed out of Texas 

Been a few years now, but I recall it being very popular and the food was decent 

Walkable from the Hilton

Yea I've been there, very busy. I've probably been out of Galveston 50 to 75 times on different lines. Been to the spot, no biggie in my book. 

I saw some new places I mentioned above. MAC-IES for burger and fries. Sugar & Rye is the place suggested for top notch crab cakes. Just writing down new suggestions that arent the old regulars. 

I am driving so will have a car. Just need to shower and repack my suitcase to throw in my car tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Seeking advice here on cabin choice for Bella2.  We’re thinking of trying a Central Park balcony.  Between group activities and port days, we barely used our OV balcony on Bella1.  There are several available on decks 10,11 & 12, including one of the double balconies on deck 12.  From my research, I saw comments there can be some noise from crew areas near the double balcony.  I also saw some comments that CP balcony cabins can hear noise from a large screen, but I don’t see a screen in any photos? Doubt they’d be playing movies in CP, where would you sit to watch? 
Appreciate any input!  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We also got our points.

Not that it matters but Lisa and I are at 486, with 30 Oasis Class, 2 on Freedom Class and 3 on Radiance Class.  We’ve sailed 44 times, with 9 on Princess and the rest on RC. Owen has done 20 sailings, with 279 actual points. 19 were with RC and one on Princess.

We should now pat each other on our backs. It’s tough. 😂

That's awesome. Congratulations. We are at a measly 91 points. May try and see about doing some solo cabin strategy to get to Diamond Plus faster.

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Seeking advice here on cabin choice for Bella2.  We’re thinking of trying a Central Park balcony.  Between group activities and port days, we barely used our OV balcony on Bella1.  There are several available on decks 10,11 & 12, including one of the double balconies on deck 12.  From my research, I saw comments there can be some noise from crew areas near the double balcony.  I also saw some comments that CP balcony cabins can hear noise from a large screen, but I don’t see a screen in any photos? Doubt they’d be playing movies in CP, where would you sit to watch? 
Appreciate any input!  

Anything on Deck 8? We love that level as you can walk directly out to central Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Appreciate any input!  

Deb,  I had/have a Boardwalk balcony.  While I love the fact that I can sit on my balcony and watch the wake, or the Aqua show; it is noisy.  When they host some of the bands on the stage at night, even with the door closed and the curtain pulled, it is too loud.  That’s my justification for spending so much time in Schooner’s 😹😹.

I booked a CP balcony for Bella2. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Yea I've been there, very busy. I've probably been out of Galveston 50 to 75 times on different lines. Been to the spot, no biggie in my book. 

I saw some new places I mentioned above. MAC-IES for burger and fries. Sugar & Rye is the place suggested for top notch crab cakes. Just writing down new suggestions that arent the old regulars. 

I am driving so will have a car. Just need to shower and repack my suitcase to throw in my car tomorrow. 

Greg gave a great review for Sunflower Bakery in Galveston.  Not just a bakery.  Brittany said it was her favorite Galveston eatery.  I forgot her screenname.

Appreciate any input!  

Deb, we had a CP deck 12 balcony toward the aft elevators.  The moment we closed the balcony door we heard absolutely nothing that was going on outside.  I don't recall any movie screen noise at all even when sitting on the balcony.  John had one of those double balconies, ending in "29" on deck 12 so he might be able to give you feedback about any crew area noise.  

The only negative was that the balconies opposite us were closer than I would have liked.  We prefer deck 12 because we were closer to the sky making it seem like we were really "outside".  Weighing all the pros and cons, we booked the same exact cabin for Bella 02.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear some people are under the weather. My swelling in my feet and ankles has decreased where my feet and ankles look normal.

the problem I’m experiencing now is I think swimmers itch. My whole body itches. I don’t see a rash but my skin around my mid section and back is really itchy and driving me crazy.

anyone else experience this?

We had that once and were told that it could be sea lice (tiny baby jellyfish) which are practically undetectable. They produce an itchy rash. So we started using sea lice repellant after that.

• Like 2

Just now, CruiszBug said:

We had that once and were told that it could be sea lice (tiny baby jellyfish) which are practically undetectable. They produce an itchy rash. So we started using sea lice repellant after that.

it’s weird that I don’t see a rash but boy I itch all over

• Like 1

Appreciate any input!  

The screen they are talking about is the screen at the pool. I too have read on wonder in particular you hear a lot of pool noise.

I had 12229 on bella1 and I did get some noise from above. Kids screaming at the pool. Also on oasis and allure the 29 cabins back up to the stewards area. I didnt look at wonder but suspect the same. The extension of the balcony is in front of the stewards area you adjoin. Of course if you are a slug a bed past 8 am you will hear them banging next door. On the other hand the tv is on the wall adjoining the stewards so it's not bothering a next door neighbor as much. 

This was 12229 on bella1  .. didnt get the lounge furniture but didnt ask. 

I've also done the very end of boardwalk .. far to walk to everything. 

20230317_151049.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Deb,  I had/have a Boardwalk balcony.  While I love the fact that I can sit on my balcony and watch the wake, or the Aqua show; it is noisy.  When they host some of the bands on the stage at night, even with the door closed and the curtain pulled, it is too loud.  That’s my justification for spending so much time in Schooner’s 😹😹.

Great!  Maybe we'll be neighbors.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Looking forward to cruising with you again. Sorry if I was quiet and didnt say it at the time. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Also on oasis and allure the 29 cabins back up to the stewards area. I didnt look at wonder but suspect the same.

Dan and I will have 12229 on Wonder.  I looked at the deck plans and they have put an interior cabin next door to the "29" cabins on both sides (229 and 629) so there is no longer a steward work room next door.  I think that will decrease the random banging and the sounds of work carts going back and forth.  Happy to see that.

I totally prefer the CP balconies over the Boardwalk balconies.  I find them much quieter (even though there is a lot of pool deck noise during the day), especially at night.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana Maryann, glad your cough is getting better.  I was happy my covid cough in July was minimal but it left me terribly fatigued.  

Thank you Bonnie.  I am feeling so much better today!  How are your legs and ankle feeling?

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Luckynana, sorry to hear you dealt with a bout too. Hope you get your energy back soon. That was the worst part for me, besides a high fever.  It was about a month till I had my normal energy back. 

Thank you, Barb!!!  I feel more "normal" today..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What a bummer. Get well fast.

I'm so happy it passed me by this cruise, tomorrow I leave for Galveston for radiance. Too close together but just this one time. Last radiance and rcl cruise going to Panama and Columbia so I made a exception to booking so close together. 

Still, deluged with trustee paperwork but off I go on radiance. Then home until sept for hand therapy and back to getting thru this stuff. Saw a couple interesting posts out of Galveston for places to eat. One said top crab cakes (with lots of crab) and fries and I forget but the other also sounded interesting. Tomorrow for dinner. Hard to choose. 

Thank you, Jane!

Have a great time on Radiance going to the Panama Canal.  I'll be doing the Panama Canal on Beyond next year..bucket list!

Best of luck with your hand therapy...this too shall pass.  In the meantime, have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage!!!🛳️🛳️🛳️

• Like 4

@Sea Dog, I do struggle at times with sensitive skin, especially to sun and salt water. A few doses of Benadryl helps me.  May or may not be useful for you.

I hope you get past the itching soon! 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you Bonnie.  I am feeling so much better today!  How are your legs and ankle feeling?

Thank you, Barb!!!  I feel more "normal" today..

Leg/ankle much better.Thanks, Maryann.

Glad you're feeling better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1