Magician Attacked On Stage While Performing

Looks like a magician was performing on a Royal Caribbean ship and was attacked by an unruly passenger. Didn't see the ship's name in the article but it looks like it's out of Australia.

"As a world-class magician, Ben Murphy (@thebenmurphy_) is used to surprising his audience with impressive tricks and illusions that leave them on the edge of their seats. But during a recent performance on a Royal Caribbean cruise, audience members weren’t the only ones left in shock during his act — so was Murphy when an unruly passenger allegedly assaulted him onstage."

I was always under the impression that cruise lines had zero tolerance for violence and aggression.  It's really disappointing to see that happen, in full view of plenty of witnesses, with no repercussions for the perpetrator.  I'm glad the magician has gone public.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

I was always under the impression that cruise lines had zero tolerance for violence and aggression.  It's really disappointing to see that happen, in full view of plenty of witnesses, with no repercussions for the perpetrator.  I'm glad the magician has gone public.

Especially with video of the attack.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

Any Captain worth their salt would likely ensure someone like that was detained until the next port and then thrown off.

Yeah, who wants a guy like that onboard?  Might attack another person.

Edited by moposh
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:48 PM, IonImplantTech said:

Looks like he was attacked by either a husband or boyfriend.  Obviously a very insecure individual. 

That was my thoughts too!! 

• Like 1