Gin on Silversea

Host Jazzbeau

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And do they have FeverTree tonic?

That brand used to be really, really hard to find on board.  In the past it involved asking the Hotel Director to get into his secret stash, kind of like a secret handshake. 

JP can help you with the gins. 😁

There were 3 or 4 but they tend to cloud the memory... Other than Hendricks I would be hard-pressed to name the others. There definitely was a traditional London dry type. Maybe also Bombay Sapphire?

All were included. Last cruise (November 2021) they had Schweppes Indian tonic which wasn't bad. Not quite Fever Tree but it served the purpose; neither of us contracted malaria while on board!

If you can wait until June I'll update from aboard Silver Wind.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 2

They certainly had Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks - no charge 

Not sure about Fevertree as the mixer but whatever it was went down fine 

Here’s some more we had at the British lunch so add Plymouth, Berkeley Square and Tanqueray to the list  - so there’s at least those on board Muse 

There’s plenty of selection onboard - the reality is there’s thousands of gins from around the world out there now 

IMG_9082.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

They certainly had Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks - no charge 

Not sure about Fevertree as the mixer but whatever it was went down fine 

Here’s some more we had at the British lunch so add Plymouth, Berkeley Square and Tanqueray to the list  - so there’s at least those on board Muse 

There’s plenty of selection onboard - the reality is there’s thousands of gins from around the world out there now 

IMG_9082.jpeg

Thanks all.  As long as they have Hendricks on the included options, I will live.  [I prefer Silent Pool, but after @Grandma Cruising tipped me to it I discovered you can hardly ever find it...]  But Hendricks or Tanqueray 10 go down very nice [especially with FeverTree Elderflower Tonic].

11 hours ago, Sunny429 said:

We will be on the Spirit in 20 days! 😀 

Hi, you must be on the sailing after mine.........hope we both have nice weather🙂

• Like 1

My drink of choice on the Dawn was Ginato (Orange flavoured) with fever tree Mediterranean tonic. As mentioned they certainly had many gins on the ship posted above. But things will be subject to locale.

Unbelievably for an Italian ship, with a Pizzeria, they had no Peroni on the entire ship. Said they couldn't source it. Annoyingly, they wouldn't let us have Asahi in the fridge, despite it being available in Kaiseiki. 

Be warned, they have introduced that disgusting "royal club" tonic and soda's.

That's a dumbing down luxury step too far!

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks all.  As long as they have Hendricks on the included options, I will live.  [I prefer Silent Pool, but after @Grandma Cruising tipped me to it I discovered you can hardly ever find it...]  But Hendricks or Tanqueray 10 go down very nice [especially with FeverTree Elderflower Tonic].

Tanqueray Ten is my choice and included on most luxury lines.

Beefeater 24 is also available in the SALT Bar

I was on The Moon back in 2021 sailing from Athens and I know the Salt Bar had a Mediterranean gin but I can't recall the name. It was only served in that venue and the bartender was great. I do remember his name. It was Carlos and I love that bar😀

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I was on The Moon back in 2021 sailing from Athens and I know the Salt Bar had a Mediterranean gin but I can't recall the name. It was only served in that venue and the bartender was great. I do remember his name. It was Carlos and I love that bar😀

Gin Mare,was the one in SALT Bar

13 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Gin Mare,was the one in SALT Bar

Hi, that does not sound familiar to me.....I remember it being in a blue bottle. I will see if I can find it on line. I just saw the one you posted.....that is not the brand I remember but I have found the one I was talking about.

This is it.........

Mataroa Mediterranean Dry Gin 41,5% Vol. 0,7l

Mataroa Mediterranean Dry Gin 41,5% Vol. 0,7l

• Like 1

I was on the Moon as well on the recent TA to Lisbon. The bar tender at the SALT bar (they are fabulous bar tenders by the way) recommended a gin from Argentina for our martinis. I can't remember the name, but it was excellent gin and free. If on the Moon one day, give it a try!

I know of one gin from Argentina, called Principe De Los Apostoles Mate Gin. It's reminiscent of the northern rainforest part of Argentina (Misiones).

Screenshot_20230403_080421_Google.thumb.jpg.2e0fc42dddc5c0d9d4b6e320d84e74a8.jpg

We have tried it and enjoyed it. The flavor profile has peppermint which we found refreshing. And it was just after we had been to Iguazu, so the Yerba Mate was familiar too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I know of one gin from Argentina, called Principe De Los Apostoles Mate Gin. It's reminiscent of the northern rainforest part of Argentina (Misiones).

Screenshot_20230403_080421_Google.thumb.jpg.2e0fc42dddc5c0d9d4b6e320d84e74a8.jpg

We have tried it and enjoyed it. The flavor profile has peppermint which we found refreshing. And it was just after we had been to Iguazu, so the Yerba Mate was familiar too.

I’m pretty sure that’s it. We loved it. Thanks so much for posting this!!!

• Like 1