Laundry return time

sunviking90

37 minutes ago, lesliehr said:

Can we use OBC to pay laundry charges?

Yes...Pre-cruise you pay a flat rate to fill the bag...If you pay on board while there could be a fill the bag special once per sailing, you pay per item and it's quite pricey to fill a bag

1 hour ago, hampshirelad said:

Be careful what you put in , just your robust stuff and take the delicates to wash at home. Remember to pull the sticky cabin tags off the inside collar or when they start to itch in a years time you wont remember when you last cruised in that cabin

Yes, I remember the tags from HAL. Those tags actually don’t bother me. It’s the only way I can ever remember which cabin we sailed in!

43 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Celebrity has improved on this recently and yes the turnaround time is two days when I was on the Solstice in February. Prior to this since the restart it had been a three day turnaround. 

Really?  The slip says "next day" and that's what it was last year.   Prior to the restart, I think it was also next day.

1 minute ago, abbydancer said:

Really?  The slip says "next day" and that's what it was last year.   Prior to the restart, I think it was also next day.

Since the restart as an Elite+ I've done six Celbrity cruises on all three ship classes in all three cabin classes (standard,Aqua,Retreat) and it was only the Solstice cruise this past February did we receive the Elite+ complementary laundry with a two day turnaround. This included two prior Retreat stays where laundry took 3 days and in one instance where we had handed in the laundry late one afternoon it was returned on the FOURTH day in RETREAT Class on the Apex. 

The Elite Laundry benefits aren't promised back the next day. That's why you can't hand it in on the last three days of your cruise. 

24 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

On Equinox, we received the laundry the next afternoon.  On Beyond, we made sure we got it in early in the morning and it took 2 days.  Not what it said on the laundry slip.  

Did one bag this week on Beyond. Our butler took it Wednesday morning and it was back Friday night. 

Its not a great perk for a seven nighter but I can see the big benefit on a longer journey. Still better than Royal’s scaled back laundry benefit of only being able to do it on the “laundry special” day.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

32 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Did one bag this week on Beyond. Our butler took it Wednesday morning and it was back Friday night. 

Again it seems that Celebrity has maintained two day turnaround for REGULAR laundry service fleetwide. Having said that for a upper mainstream line it should be a quicker turnaround. Carnival has next day service.