Mason Jar Brunch on Wonder

We have booked the UDP for our upcoming Wonder cruise. With the UDP we can not make dining reservations until we board the ship and we know we have to go as soon as we get on to have the best chance of getting the days and times we want. So for anyone who has been on the Wonder, will we be able to get the Mason Jar brunch on day one without having a prior reservation? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like the previous poster stated, Mason Jar was not crowded the three times I have cruised on Wonder. I assume that is due to the food not being very good there. 

Right. The bar is awesome, especially when the Country Crew Trio are playing. But the restaurant is very meh.

On the eastbound TA last year the crew were moving all the empty chairs from the restaurant (and there were lots) into the bar to provide more seating.

Edited by gumshoe958

1 minute ago, gumshoe958 said:

Right. The bar is awesome, especially when the Country Crew Trio are playing. But the restaurant is very meh.

I know food is very subjective, but what makes it meh? We have the Brunch booked for Day 2 on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for any insight 🙂

10 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

I know food is very subjective, but what makes it meh? We have the Brunch booked for Day 2 on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for any insight 🙂

To be fair I didn’t try the brunch, just the evening menu but I found the food bland and stodgy. As you say though, very subjective.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

To be fair I didn’t try the brunch, just the evening menu but I found the food bland and stodgy. As you say though, very subjective.

Exactly what we found also.

Once was enough to eat there.

However we did enjoy a couple of evenings there in the bar listening to the music.

There is not a lot of seating in the bar area if you’re early enough there are some nice rocking chairs with a sea view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Exactly what we found also.

Once was enough to eat there.

However we did enjoy a couple of evenings there in the bar listening to the music.

There is not a lot of seating in the bar area if you’re early enough there are some nice rocking chairs with a sea view.

Bar fabulous

Band fantastic

Restaurant empty 

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_5028.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

We have booked the UDP for our upcoming Wonder cruise. With the UDP we can not make dining reservations until we board the ship and we know we have to go as soon as we get on to have the best chance of getting the days and times we want. So for anyone who has been on the Wonder, will we be able to get the Mason Jar brunch on day one without having a prior reservation? Thanks in advance!

Yes.   Best meal in Mason jar.   No problem. No reservations needed.  But skip dinner there, albeit the bar is good.

• Thanks 1

If you want a "taste" of the Mason Jar, certain food items are available at the bar until 9 PM (never advertised). I personally found the food fun and have done both lunch and dinner there. The UDP will likely not be a challenge for the Mason Jar. Wonderland is the tough one to get scheduled with the UDP. Have missed it about 50% of the time and we board early all the time.

One fair warning, on line the Masion Jar lunch has a reservation window that goes till about 3 as I recall when in actual practice the lunch kitchen closes down at 1:30...

• Thanks 1

We ate at the Mason Jar numerous times on our TA. I personally didn't love their food. I found it to be really heavy and it had some  "interesting" flavors. Next time I book the Wonder I will not eat there Definitely the worst specialty restaurant on the ship. The servers and manager were very nice but the food was not tasty.  The Bar area is great and you need to get their early to get a seat especially if the band is playing.

I know you asked about reservations. We had booked everything when we first got onboard since we had the unlimited dining but the Maon Jar was always packed and reservations were hard to come by. This may have been because of the newness of the ship and venue (April 2022)

Beth

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I went on day 1 and walked up and got in.  I liked some things but I found the waffles to be very thin for big honking piece of chicken that they put on it.  After about 5 minutes it became a mushy mess

I like chicken and I like waffles (with syrup) , but not together as chicken and waffles. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I like chicken and I like waffles (with syrup) , but not together as chicken and waffles. 

well I don't normally either but I have had them when the waffle was thick and the chicken had NO skin.  Otherwise not normal for me, but I at least wanted t try them in Mason Jar.  never again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Me too...eww...I just don't see the draw of that fad.  😛

Oh and by the way...butter and syrup over top of peanut butter on my pancakes...your bro says "eww" when I do that.  😄 I take after my Dad on that.  

Edited by island lady

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too...eww...I just don't see the draw of that fad.  😛

Oh and by the way...butter and syrup over top of peanut butter on my pancakes...your bro says "eww" when I do that.  😄 I take after my Dad on that.  

Yea, I gotta go with Bucky on that one. I like peanut butter but...

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

When purchasing the UDP prior to embarkation, you should be able to make your individual reservations for any of the premium dining venues by calling the Cruise Planner Dept at 800 398-9819. To my knowledge this is the only way to purchase the UDP and make your dining reservations, pre-cruise.

Another name for the Cruise Planner Dept is ‘Onboard Reservations’.

Here is the list of key Royal Caribbean phone numbers where this can be found:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/13033980_Sales_Contact_List.pdf

Good luck!

• Thanks 1