Price increase for Cape Liberty parking as of May 1

Merion_Mom

Glad we chose to take the train to NYC via Amtrak then and not drive and pay for parking for the week.  The train saves me driving 10 hours each way and will actually end up being half the price as driving myself and paying for parking.

1 hour ago, bayportkat said:

Thanks for sharing!  Still cheaper than a car service for us!

For us, 150 miles round trip at IRS rate $65.5/mile is $98 plus $300 for 10 days parking equals the car service cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyandBo said:

The land the lot sits on is prime real-estate.

It's an old Military Ocean Terminal.  I remember parking there many years ago before they built the parking garage and got paint over spray from the Bayonne Drydock & Repair Facility.  Got it resolved and my car detailed.    It's a big ripoff in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

It's an old Military Ocean Terminal.  I remember parking there many years ago before they built the parking garage and got paint over spray from the Bayonne Drydock & Repair Facility.  Got it resolved and my car detailed.    It's a big ripoff in my opinion.

It's prime real estate. I lived there the first 40 years of my life. I know exactly what the land is. Lol. Every inch of land around it is NYC views and worth a fortune. The tax alone on the land must cost a fortune. There is no place in the area that would charge anyone less than that per day. People in the town pay $2500 to $3k for a one bedroom. It is what it is. 

I have sailed out of Bayonne about 7 or 8 times, Love it , last was December , was able to get off the ship ,get my luggage and in my car by 7:30am

And drive home (about an hour away) and able to put luggage away, clothes in wash.

Husband was able to go back up North and tailgate and go to Giants game.

If you want the itinerary or Ship that leaves out of there , there is no better.

I have left out of NY. many times . Now that they are @ or going to $45, no way will I pay that.

I usually would sail out of NY in winter & do 11, 12 night cruises and thought I would now that Carnival is starting there. Not with the jump in the parking fee, and the embark and debark are not as easy as Bayonne. 

8 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Have thought of cruising out of there in the past but parking always seemed a bit on the high side. For a 10 day cruise probably cheaper and with more options to fly down to one of the Florida ports.

When you find round trip air plus hotel and transportation for under $300 to cruise in Florida, please post as cost is what has kept me from cruising out of Florida.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

Can fly from Philly to Orlando for $83 one way.

That is a great price for a flight, cheaper than what I have seen & much cheaper than hotel cost. I would have to add transportation costs to Philly & unfortunately the cruise port is not in Orlando but Cape Canaveral.