Removing Italy on Silversea?

Unibok

41 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Yeah, that Tony.  Such a classy guy. He would have fit right in on an SS cruise, being such a stickler for proper attire.

I tell you what: he wouldn't stand for people reserving a lounger with a book and sunglasses. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

I tell you what: he wouldn't stand for people reserving a lounger with a book and sunglasses. 

We had a few of those…. Over 2 1/2 hours all these were unused. The whole row and all with different couples. Had I have known, I’d have put an upside down pineapple on them all.

840E86F4-E3B1-4F33-B6EC-E87F18C70EA2.thumb.jpeg.f93192233827a1de7ae9297efe437168.jpeg

Edited by les37b
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, les37b said:

We had a few of those…. Over 2 1/2 hours all these were unused. The whole row and all with different couples.

840E86F4-E3B1-4F33-B6EC-E87F18C70EA2.thumb.jpeg.f93192233827a1de7ae9297efe437168.jpeg

We'll....you know my feelings on these people. It would be a shame if someone spilled something sticky on their belongings. Accidentally, of course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les37b said:

We had a few of those…. Over 2 1/2 hours all these were unused. The whole row and all with different couples.

You should thank them; they are keeping you from getting skin cancer.

Take it from a Floridian; the sun is not your friend.

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Yeah, that Tony.  Such a classy guy. He would have fit right in on an SS cruise, being such a stickler for proper attire.

Tony knew how to dress.  He'd be welcome at my table any time.

18 minutes ago, les37b said:

We had a few of those…. Over 2 1/2 hours all these were unused. The whole row and all with different couples. Had I have known, I’d have put an upside down pineapple on them all.

I’d have been super helpful after an hour and gathered up their possessions and hand them in to lost property at Reception. Then sit in the shade awaiting their return 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2023 at 11:15 AM, FlyerTalker said:

Some of us wear caps because we don't want to overcharge the smooth solar panel at the top of our skull.

And some of us wear them (outdoors) because we got tired of the liquid nitrogen treatments and the lectures by our dermatologists.

@Silver Spectre

So what's the head covering du jour in the UK these days?  Haven't been there since 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

A gent's hankie with a knot tied  in each corner - preferably clean.

Lola

What's the deal with that?  It's a very English thing, I am thinking.  

When I was on the QM2 crossing the Atlantic, one of the guys in our group, a very proper Englishman, would wrap this handkerchief thing around his head when he was sitting outside on deck.  The rest of us, all Americans, thought it was rather humorous.

Is this customary in England? 

Not nowadays, it is just a joke.  It was often seen on chaps in deckchairs on the beach at Blackpool (a cheap holiday resort) in probably the 1920s and 30s, along with braces (suspenders).  In other words - how can I put this - something which only applied to the 'working class'. I can't imagine it on the QM2,  I must say.

Lola

On 4/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, Tothesunset said:

We'll....you know my feelings on these people. It would be a shame if someone spilled something sticky on their belongings. Accidentally, of course. 

Might be more fun to bring a very inappropriately titled book with you and leave it prominently on top of theirs. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

No,actually on the top of the head and knots tied on all four corners.

It was done to protect the head from sunburn.

Suitably wetted and singing a song about mad dogs and Englishmen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1