Sapphire Princess dining rooms--did you have a favorite not including specialty restaurants?

world_traveler_et

I have always had traditional dining in the past and so I will be new to Dine My Way (DMW) dining.   I have already scheduled the Sterling Steak House and Sabatini's during my cruise.  I will be sailing the Sapphire in Alaska on the voyage of the glaciers southbound. 

I was thinking at making reservations in different dining rooms and wondered if any of you had preferences for certain dining rooms after sailing and why?  I know all the dining rooms have the same meal options.  The international is the biggest and the tables seem more spaced out.  I will be booking a table for two and I see some of the smaller dining rooms have the two tops spaced really close to each other.  Any thoughts? 

The dining rooms are: The International, Vivaldi, Savoy, Santa Fe and Pacific Moon.  The Santa Fe used to be only for Club Class or Reserve has that changed?

Also when I entered my information for the cruise it asked me to select the pace of the dining from slow, moderate or fast paced.  I selected moderate pace.  In the past the traditional dining was around two hours so I assumed that was a slow pace.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Were the tables for 2 the same in any of the MDR’s?  Were they all the bench style, very close to one another?

TIA

Unfortunately yes. But we like early dinner so we can hit the buffet late. Lol

So we very seldom had anyone next to us at 5:15.  To be fair we met some very nice people next to us 

We ate in the Savoy Dining Room at 7pm most nights, requested the same table for each night. We had a table for two but the tables were pretty close together. We had asked for quick service and that is exactly what we had. Our waiter was Joey, his assistant Eisen. They were amazing !

For the two upcoming cruises we've got, DH has made nightly dining room reservations in both MDR's and specialties.  

Nowhere has he seen or been asked about what pace of dining we'd like.  Where exactly would that question be asked?

Thanks.

In the app

43 minutes ago, Robkat said:

For the two upcoming cruises we've got, DH has made nightly dining room reservations in both MDR's and specialties.  

Nowhere has he seen or been asked about what pace of dining we'd like.  Where exactly would that question be asked?

Thanks.

in the App

open Preferences 

then third page Dining

there are questions you referred to

B8EFC163-1BAE-49D1-8E99-F4B2BD765718.png

DD15C9FE-B340-4E79-ADD8-0A6DEE1B7F6B.png

D852E526-D63E-4CAF-9A64-B644FBBD968F.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pathi said:

We really enjoyed the International Dining room at the rear of the ship. Note NOT the International cafe.

Were there tables for 2, against the wall

or more private tables, than the bench type ones in that MDR?

The International has a few non-banquette two tops, but not many.  There *might* be as many as 16 but it’s more like 12 to my memory.  Most are banquette as found in the midships dining rooms. 

If a window table is important to you, note that the Santa Fe window tables are exclusively reserved for Club Class dining. 

20 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

The International has a few non-banquette two tops, but not many.  There *might* be as many as 16 but it’s more like 12 to my memory.  Most are banquette as found in the midships dining rooms. 

If a window table is important to you, note that the Santa Fe window tables are exclusively reserved for Club Class dining. 

Thanks!

16 hours ago, that said:

In the app

in the App

open Preferences 

then third page Dining

there are questions you referred to

B8EFC163-1BAE-49D1-8E99-F4B2BD765718.png

DD15C9FE-B340-4E79-ADD8-0A6DEE1B7F6B.png

D852E526-D63E-4CAF-9A64-B644FBBD968F.png

Thanks for this, that!  (Had to do it!  😂)

We're shaking our heads that we missed it.  🤦🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

It has been a few years since I was on the Sapphire, but I seem to remember I thought the decor in Pacific Moon was pretty.  I think we had tea in there one day.

I agree.

We tried the Vivaldi, Pacific moon and the Savoy over the first three nights when we cruised on the Sapphire back in 2019, and decided we preferred the Savoy so returned there every night for the rest of the cruise. The waiters in all 3 were great, but they recognised us in Savoy when we started returning the same time each evening so we usually got the same table/waiters. Savoy seemed less crowded and more relaxed than the other two we tried, although the Maitre D' assured me that all rooms had pretty much the same seating capacity. Maybe the darker wood paneling and decor had a calming effect on me!

• Thanks 1

We were on for about a month and really enjoyed Savoy.  It was never very crowded and we were able to get a table for 2 every night with no one next to us, which is what we preferred.  The service was excellent, and on our B2B we had great servers at both tables we were at.  The hostess there was the best, handled all our booking changes herself and made sure we were comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just disembarked the Sapphire today.

We had reserved a table for 2 in Pacific Moon. There was only one 2-topper next to the window, with 4 others with a window view. Most of the other 2-toppers were against the inside wall.

We came out through Savoy after a galley tour and it had more 2-toppers with a window view.