Live from Sky Princess 6 May

Eglesbrech

Enjoy your cruise Eglesbrech and it will be interesting to hear how you get on. We are on Sky end of July same stateroom as last year and are really looking forward to it and like you we are travelling from Scotland (well a good 70+ miles further north than the top of Scotland actually. If by chance you are in the watch shop onboard could you perhaps see if they have Tissot T Touch watches for sale ( they tend to be on rubber straps and have conventional hands on a dark watch face with digital display at the bottom). I only ask as I am wanting to purchase one of these and if none on the ship will buy in Southampton before sailing. Please do not go out of your way as you may never enter the watch shops while cruising. I myself frequent them quite a bit as I like to buy a watch while onboard. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on the refit and any other observations you make.

On 5/4/2023 at 8:23 AM, wowzz said:

Yes, definitely, according to Princess, as they want to give deck 7 an Italian "vibe" by having both Italian restaurants onnthe same deck. 

This is definitely the case on Enchanted where there are already other Italian venues - Bellinis and Gigi’s. However I do not believe this is the case on Sky at least this is not what we were told last month. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, himan said:

Enjoy your cruise Eglesbrech and it will be interesting to hear how you get on. We are on Sky end of July same stateroom as last year and are really looking forward to it and like you we are travelling from Scotland (well a good 70+ miles further north than the top of Scotland actually. If by chance you are in the watch shop onboard could you perhaps see if they have Tissot T Touch watches for sale ( they tend to be on rubber straps and have conventional hands on a dark watch face with digital display at the bottom). I only ask as I am wanting to purchase one of these and if none on the ship will buy in Southampton before sailing. Please do not go out of your way as you may never enter the watch shops while cruising. I myself frequent them quite a bit as I like to buy a watch while onboard. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on the refit and any other observations you make.

Will try to remember and get back to you.

• Like 1

Just checked out the Princess web site floor plan but their IT haven't changed anything yet. We are a bit concerned that if Sabatini's is now where the Bistro was.

There was a terible noise problem when we dined there coming from the Piazza area, so in future we will only eat suite breakfast there. Shame as Sabatini's is our favorite

17 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

We're on this one tomorrow too, first time on Princess - looking forward to seeing what's on offer.  Driving down from Lancs. 

We believe you will love the Sky.  She's a beauty.  Have fun y'all and keep us posted on your cruise!

Cheers

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ron the Rev said:

Just checked out the Princess web site floor plan but their IT haven't changed anything yet. We are a bit concerned that if Sabatini's is now where the Bistro was.

There was a terible noise problem when we dined there coming from the Piazza area, so in future we will only eat suite breakfast there. Shame as Sabatini's is our favorite

Yes, Sabatinis is indeed where BsM was. 

1 hour ago, nini said:

@Eglesbrech Please, when you are able, can you let us wine connoisseurs know if Vines is still there? Thanks and Bon Voyage!

There have been about 15 threads here on this very question, and every one of them has confirmed that Vines is still there in its spot on the Sky.  If someone reports that it's gone, I will be mightily surprised.

6 minutes ago, Kay S said:

There have been about 15 threads here on this very question, and every one of them has confirmed that Vines is still there in its spot on the Sky.  If someone reports that it's gone, I will be mightily surprised.

Actually, we have not yet heard from an actual passenger yet. They board tomorrow. I am very aware of all of the other threads. This way, we will hear it from an onboard passenger.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nini said:

Actually, we have not yet heard from an actual passenger yet. They board tomorrow. I am very aware of all of the other threads. This way, we will hear it from an onboard passenger.

Maybe they will take a picture.

9 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

I would think suite breakfast in that area would be a big mistake being so open. It could lead to non suite passengers just wandering in. If they move Sabatini’s to that location they might well choose a different location for breakfast. On a few ships I have seen suite breakfast served in the Crown Grill

6 minutes ago, SDAnschultz said:

It would be nice to be able to hear if "The Catch" restaurant is available as well.  Mixed messages from the press release, and the ability to book a SD meal there on the app.

I have been able to book a table in Rudi's for our July cruise since March. 

But I haven't  - over hyped in my opinion.

2 hours ago, nini said:

Dig it.  Well said!

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Vines is still here.

sabattinis is still where it was.

catch is up on deck 7 where sur La mer was. I’ll get some pictures.

Thanks for the update. Does the photo gallery still take up the whole of one half of deck six of the Piazza?

On 5/5/2023 at 11:06 AM, Eglesbrech said:

Will try to remember and get back to you.

Thanks for that. I really appreciate it but if you forget or don't have time don't worry about it. It's Saturday lunchtime now and as I type this post I'm just a tad jealous of you as we have 84 days to go till we board. Enjoy your cruise and I'm looking forward to reading any posts you put up.