Live from Sky Princess 6 May

Eglesbrech

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well we are still in Southampton and not likely to leave until 6.30 at the earliest. Problems with getting supplies onboard from the information in the Captains announcement.

And yes they are short of supplies. I couldn’t even get a fresh orange and lemonade! No fresh orange and only split cans of lemonade. Several beers not available etc. hopefully this will be resolved today.

The ship is overcrowded so a struggle to get seats and even more of a struggle to get service. Bars 3 people deep in a queue and few ta Le servers around.

We tried to use the app and it accepted the drinks order, prepared then we waited 40 minutes and it said “delivered” but the drinks were not. It did however reduce our 15 drinks per day by the undelivered drinks. There is a counter now for “ redeemed” drinks, I haven’t seen that before.

Really nor impressed so far but just day1 after a refit. Let’s see what the rest of the cruise brings.

Sorry to hear this.  I really hope things improve. 

As you know,  mostly  cruise lines put in a three day "shake down" cruise after a refit. Strange that Princess didn't do so.

• Like 1

If anyone doesn't mind sharing a screenshot of what the internet speed test is reading at I would greatly appreciate it. Or better yet if you know star link has officially been added on board? Thank you and advance!

8 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

If anyone doesn't mind sharing a screenshot of what the internet speed test is reading at I would greatly appreciate it. Or better yet if you know star link has officially been added on board? Thank you and advance!

Someone posted the attached photo on a social media group. It confirms the ship has Starlink. Obviously Princess has bought the poor man’s version as it’s only showing 2.67mbps. Still better than what was offered before the change though.

IMG_1038.jpeg

Edited by Geoffa30

8 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I am not technical at all but my OH says that the speed is 

download 3.10mbps

upload 0.87 mbps

The speed is apparently better than last year according to the resident geek in the cabin.

The screen name for the internet speed test is “SpaceX starlink”. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for the update.  That is a surprise. 

Enjoy your cruise. 

Sounds like embarkation was speedy. Did anyone check your arrival time or QR code ?

Surprise - not to me! 

Changes I have noticed so far:

The Casio bar has gone completely.

The loyalty desk has moved. It has a notice saying it has moved but no indication of what is going into that space instead.

The Catch has table cloths on all the time. People used to use Sur La Mer through the day as a coffee spot but it looks like that may not be possible now. So potentially even  fewer seats in the Piazza.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I hope they get these issues ironed out, both for your sake AND ours!  We are on the next sailing!

Ship is just out of dry dock, never ideal sailing after drydock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

@himan there is a large selection of Tisso watches but the ones I can see in the window are nothing like your description. I’ll try to catch the shop when open as there are more on the other side of the counter.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look and respond to my question. Hope you are enjoying the cruise so far and hopefully the weather is better than when you left Southampton on Saturday. I watched Sky leaving hoping to hear the Love Boat theme on the ships horn but never happened. It's great that you and other members like you go to the bother of posting on the forum to provide info on the cruise and ship etc. 

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I am not technical at all but my OH says that the speed is 

download 3.10mbps

upload 0.87 mbps

The speed is apparently better than last year according to the resident geek in the cabin.

The screen name for the internet speed test is “SpaceX starlink”. 

Thank you so much 😊

1 hour ago, david63 said:

Shouldn't make any difference unless the cruise is sold at a reduced price and it is made clear as to why it is cheap.

It wasn’t sold cheap. At least not when we booked it.

Sitting out on the balcony in the sunshine which is lovely.

Not  impressed with the cruise one little bit so far. From my own experiences

Slow service everywhere (2 hours 20 mins for dinner last night). Queue for breakfast.

Cold food in the MDR (the herb butter was still solid on the top of the cold strip steak)

Missing drinks eg fresh orange juice (still not here), many beers, any of the premium European wines, ask for champagne and get palmed off with Prosecco unless you actually see the bottle, ingredients not available for the more expensive cocktails eg salted caramel watermelon martini in a bar with it clearly listed on the menu.

From others

App not working, our neighbours anxious as tried room service repeatedly as failing to register - over $400 bill as it charged each time! Currently remonstrating with reception.

Long wait to get off and massive queue to get back on tenders from Guernsey.

Limited speciality restaurant bookings available due to lack of staff.

This is a shake down cruise by any other name but they have charged full price for it. They don’t have enough staff, they don’t have proper stock, basically using us as crash text dummies. The staff are lovely and trying so hard but simply not enough of them.

I have registered my comments so they have an opportunity to improve. If it doesn’t I’ll be cancelling my next Princess cruises, yes it’s that bad.

For those coming after us I’m sure it will be very much better as lots of passenger complaints and it is only day 2. Hopefully they will be addressed before you arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sitting out on the balcony in the sunshine which is lovely.

Not  impressed with the cruise one little bit so far. From my own experiences

Slow service everywhere (2 hours 20 mins for dinner last night). Queue for breakfast.

Cold food in the MDR (the herb butter was still solid on the top of the cold strip steak)

Missing drinks eg fresh orange juice (still not here), many beers, any of the premium European wines, ask for champagne and get palmed off with Prosecco unless you actually see the bottle, ingredients not available for the more expensive cocktails eg salted caramel watermelon martini in a bar with it clearly listed on the menu.

From others

App not working, our neighbours anxious as tried room service repeatedly as failing to register - over $400 bill as it charged each time! Currently remonstrating with reception.

Long wait to get off and massive queue to get back on tenders from Guernsey.

Limited speciality restaurant bookings available due to lack of staff.

This is a shake down cruise by any other name but they have charged full price for it. They don’t have enough staff, they don’t have proper stock, basically using us as crash text dummies. The staff are lovely and trying so hard but simply not enough of them.

I have registered my comments so they have an opportunity to improve. If it doesn’t I’ll be cancelling my next Princess cruises, yes it’s that bad.

For those coming after us I’m sure it will be very much better as lots of passenger complaints and it is only day 2. Hopefully they will be addressed before you arrive.

Sorry to hear your cruise is a massive letdown so far. I feel that with the money you pay for the cruise you expect decent service, hot food and the company should be able to provide you with anything that is on the menu, especially at the start of the cruise! I can understand coming near the end  certain items may be getting low even more so after a couple of sea days but at the beginning that is just downright poor logistical control by the company and whoever is in charge of stock. Hopefully things will improve for you. Fingers crossed!!

• Like 2