Room service breakfast on balcony no charge?

@Barbara60Continental breakfast:  Cereal, milk, coffee, bagel, cream cheese, fruit, danish, muffin.  Can’t think of more off the top of my head.  Someone will probably post a copy, or give more info.  Having said this, I am talking about a regular balcony.  I have no idea about a suite balcony, it might be different.

Edited by Cherful59

9 minutes ago, Cherful59 said:

Having said this, I am talking about a regular balcony.  I have no idea about a suite balcony, it might be different.

Full suites (GS and above) get free room service. Full suites can also order from the MDR menu during meal hours.  For the difference in balcony and full suite prices, you can order a ton of pay room service and still come out way ahead!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Full suites (GS and above) get free room service. Full suites can also order from the MDR menu during meal hours.  For the difference in balcony and full suite prices, you can order a ton of pay room service and still come out way ahead!

Enough to make up for price difference?

For any stateroom, ask your cabin attendant to leave you room service menus.   Fill it out and hang outside your door before going to bed.   Fill in all info. Be sure to ✔️ the box for preferred delivery time.  Continental is NO CHARGE, tho a tip is appreciated. You will generally get a phone call when it’s on the way…or a gentle knock on the door.  It is never left in the hallway.

You can indicate where you want the tray placed….desk, bed, balcony…..

A great, relaxing way to start your day(s) !

22 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

7 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I'm guessing their response didn't come out the way they intended it.  I've never been able to order enough room service to make up the difference in cost between a full suite and a balcony.

Lol, my bad.  I meant to say you could pay for a balcony cabin and all of the room service you could eat and still not come close to what a suite would cost. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Lol, my bad.  I meant to say you could pay for a balcony cabin and all of the room service you could eat and still not come close to what a suite would cost. 

That is how I read your comment.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:00 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Depends on the ship.  On Oasis class you get a great cruise sun deck.  The lounge and costal kitchen great.  Not to mention some of the priority privileges.  The actual cabin and service help to really make your vacation special also. I cannot stand the tiny cabins.

If you can afford it do it- if not just cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, roupa said:

For any stateroom, ask your cabin attendant to leave you room service menus.   Fill it out and hang outside your door before going to bed.   Fill in all info. Be sure to ✔️ the box for preferred delivery time.  Continental is NO CHARGE, tho a tip is appreciated. You will generally get a phone call when it’s on the way…or a gentle knock on the door.  It is never left in the hallway.

You can indicate where you want the tray placed….desk, bed, balcony…..

A great, relaxing way to start your day(s) !

They are normally in the desk drawer.

Have to laugh every time I see a cruise commercial of a couple dining on a huge balcony area and being served by a smiling server. Let me know when someone finds that balcony and level of balcony service. Cruise ads are so mis-leading almost always showing top suite rooms etc. Forty years of cruising closest I ever got to that was on the Celebrity Zenith, Royal Suite. That came with a butler who did actually set the inside dining table with linen etc and served a full ordered breakfast. There was no balcony then.

That said I really have no complaint of today's room service. I can live with continental for free and 7.95 for eggs etc. Prefer to get call when breakfast is coming, first makes sure wide awake and ready, second makes me check that I haven't left do not disturb sign on door. If you do you will not get order, they will not knock. Also doesn't leave delivery person holding a heavy tray waiting for me to get a robe on and such.

George in NY

• Like 2

Last time was in 2014 on Allure, all I did was call up room service and they brought this, no charge and set it on our balcony.  No Suite either, just cabin 11729:  Guess those days are gone.  We have had a few fruit/toast/rolls on balcony since then, but never eggs.

Breakfast in cabin 11729.JPG

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Depends on the ship.  On Oasis class you get a great cruise sun deck.  The lounge and costal kitchen great.  Not to mention some of the priority privileges.  The actual cabin and service help to really make your vacation special also. I cannot stand the tiny cabins.

If you can afford it do it- if not just cruise.

What a joke. $10000 in food and privileges. So sad you can't stand a normal cabin.