12:05 departure Orlando??

We are sailing on Wonder 10/29-11/5. I called Air-2-Sea today to get estimate and the rep said I am unable to book a return flight any sooner than 2p as we would be unable to make it on time. The flight I want leaves Orlando at 12:05p…any concerns with this departure time? I’m not interested in the gamble of cutting it “too close” but also not a fan of sitting in airport for many hours. Your insight is much appreciated🙂

32 minutes ago, Vacation...Yes said:

We are sailing on Wonder 10/29-11/5. I called Air-2-Sea today to get estimate and the rep said I am unable to book a return flight any sooner than 2p as we would be unable to make it on time. The flight I want leaves Orlando at 12:05p…any concerns with this departure time? I’m not interested in the gamble of cutting it “too close” but also not a fan of sitting in airport for many hours. Your insight is much appreciated🙂

Walkoff at 7 with your luggage and you can easily be at MCO by 9 am

A2S plays it very conservative with flight times but they won't budge so you will have to book it yourself and not through A2S

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Should be no issue. We made a 11:15 out of MCO once.  I would suggest you walk off the ship early as possible and take a shuttle or cab to give yourself plenty of pad. Remember TSA in Orlando is very long.  I figure 1 hour for the drive to so if you walk off by 8 that puts you at airport by 9 or so.  Should be plenty of time.  

You will more than likely get better pricing/booking this directly yourself. A noon flight is easy to make with doing self assist. We have easily made a noon flight out of MCO.

7 hours ago, volk904 said:

Should be no issue. We made a 11:15 out of MCO once.  I would suggest you walk off the ship early as possible and take a shuttle or cab to give yourself plenty of pad. Remember TSA in Orlando is very long.  I figure 1 hour for the drive to so if you walk off by 8 that puts you at airport by 9 or so.  Should be plenty of time.  

Last April, flew home from MCO with my niece who does not have TSA pre check because she is young and only flew 3 times in her life. So I stayed with her to get thru security. Took 1 hour and 45 minutes!! Needless to say, we had to run from security to the tram and from the tram to our gate to make it with 5 minutes to spare before plane door was shut. And yes, we did the whole arrive 2 hours ahead of time! However, DH decided he would go thru the TSA pre check line anyway and was through in 15 mins!

Edited by Weluv2cruise2gether
Spelling
  • Like 1

All depends on how everything is running, but you may very well have to arrange on your own.  I seem to remember that you can also prearrange/prebook a TSA time to help be faster, as I have read they can get long.  Whenever I have been at Disneyworld for the Magical Express (*tear*) they had you getting there 2.5-3 hours ahead so you wouldn't miss the flight.  

It is very possible as others have stated. However, there are two things you need to consider. One, the Beachline frequently gets very crowded, which can make the drive from the port to the airport a couple of hours. Second, security lines at Orlando can sometimes take up to three hours. If all goes well you should have no problem making an earlier flight. But personally I would book the later flight to cover any potential delays you may encounter. 

• Like 1

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with PhillyFan. I live close to Port Canaveral and I have almost never seen traffic backing up the Beachline like that. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it is rare that it will take you even an hour to get from the port to the airport. 

Also, security lines can be long and you should get there 3 hours ahead if you can, but the security line itself is not going to be 3 hours. If it took 3 hours, nearly everyone in line would miss their plane.

The one thing I would add is that boats heading home to Port Canaveral often have a long way to go on the last night. Many times they are coming from Coco Cay or Nassau and need to go near top speed all night to make it home. I have had situations were the boat leaves Nassau late or the weather is rough and they need to go slow, and as a result, the boat doesn't get back to the port until 8 or 8:30. It's not common, but does happen.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, Vacation...Yes said:

I'd book your own flight.  You can't even check your bags in until 3-4 hours before your flight.  We had this 1x with Air2Sea and it was a zoo at FLL with a 230p flight when we got to the airport at 830am.  

On 5/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, Vacation...Yes said:

The departure time is fine. But, Orlando is a busy airport and you need to allow at least 1 hour from entering the door to being at your gate. We flew out of Orlando yesterday and the line at security was 30-45 minutes long (that was the time posted on the displays). We have pre-check, so we bypassed most of that.

And when you get in line, triple check that it is for your departure gate. Orlando has two sides and it is easy to get distracted by the Mickey Store and Universal Store and get in the wrong like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vacation...Yes said:

Does having TSA Pre-check make much difference at security at MCO?

It can.  If you have it, use it.  If you're thinking about getting it, get it.  If you'd only use it for this single trip, I'd suffer through the normal line.    

On 5/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, drb116 said:

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with PhillyFan. I live close to Port Canaveral and I have almost never seen traffic backing up the Beachline like that. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it is rare that it will take you even an hour to get from the port to the airport. 

I have cruised out of Port Canaveral 3 times in the last two months (Wonder, Mariner, Independence). Debarkation days have been on a Monday, Friday and Sunday. I experienced traffic driving on the Beachline all 3 times before I exited on 417. The traffic wasn’t stop and go, but for most of the trip the fastest I could drive was 45 miles per hour. 

Just a side note, it will always be the Beeline to me, even though it was renamed the Beachline at least 15 years ago (I don’t recall the exact date). 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 6:30 AM, Kathscof said:

It throws me EVERY TIME I read “beachline” HAHAHHA I will always think of it as Beeline 🙂 

Same here.

There is also the visual memory of the bee hives and bee that were sometimes on the road signs for the road.

• Like 1