Looking for suggestions for early morning coffee

tytanbri

We will be traveling on the Panorama the first week of June and will be flying from the East coast. With that being said, I will be waking up around 3am at least for the first morning or two. I read that everything is closed at that time, except for the pizza place which closes at 4. Room service is not available until 6am. Any ideas on what I can do or bring with me that would enable me to have coffee while I wait for everyone else to get up? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Coffee should be available on Lido 24/7.

Room service is 24/7 as well but it's not free until 6AM when they start the continental breakfast. So you could pay to have a pot of coffee delivered at 3AM. I don't know the price, maybe $5.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Coffee should be available on Lido 24/7.

Room service is 24/7 as well but it's not free until 6AM when they start the continental breakfast. So you could pay to have a pot of coffee delivered at 3AM. I don't know the price, maybe $5.

It would be worth every penny! A person posted last week that all the coffee station of Lido were closed when they went up there at 5AM. That's why I was worried! I will try there first and room service next. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

It would be worth every penny! A person posted last week that all the coffee station of Lido were closed when they went up there at 5AM. That's why I was worried! I will try there first and room service next. 

Thank you!

Google is your friend.  See the attached link, coffee on lido 24/7 (you have to scroll down to see it)

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4252/~/for-your-eating-pleasure...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

Thank you!

They do close down one side for cleaning during off hours and will only have one station open. It would be unusual to have all drink stations closed down at any time during the cruise though.

• Like 2

Just now, tytanbri said:

We went on the Horizon in October and loved it, so I was hoping for the same for the Panorama!

We had sailed on the VIsta class ships (all of them now) a total 5 times - soon to be 7) and LOVE them.  The crew on the Panorama was def in a good groove, felt the most relaxed than  any ship we have been on since the return to the sea.  DO not know why, but it was really nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

They do close down one side for cleaning during off hours and will only have one station open. It would be unusual to have all drink stations closed down at any time during the cruise though.

Yep, they won't have all of the coffee stations open, so one has to walk around to find the one(s) that is/are. Look for a station with carafes of milk or cream, a sure indication that the station is open.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, edspec said:

I use my Cheers package to buy a couple of sugar free energy drinks to keep in the frig.  I'm normally up at 4 so those hold me over until Java Blue opens.

That's a good idea!

DH does it all the time.  I have 2 thermal mugs that fit underneath the coffee dispenser so that he can grab coffee and come back with it without spilling all over the place, LOL!  On most ships Java Blue doesn't open until 7am, which is our preferred Cheers! coffee spot, so hubby has at least one cup from the Lido before they start serving.

2 hours ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

DH does it all the time.  I have 2 thermal mugs that fit underneath the coffee dispenser so that he can grab coffee and come back with it without spilling all over the place, LOL!  On most ships Java Blue doesn't open until 7am, which is our preferred Cheers! coffee spot, so hubby has at least one cup from the Lido before they start serving.

I do plan on bringing a thermal mug. I typically don't drink much coffee but when I do it is from Java Blue so I understand that preference. 

The lido coffee is always terrible.

I strongly suggest bringing along single packs of instant coffee. Before you poo-poo it, this isn't the old days of instant coffee, its pretty good now and Nescafe has it dialed in. They used to have them with the sugar and such, but another thing lost post covid.

image.png.eab5ef42954eecb29ce8abf69422aac6.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

The lido coffee is always terrible.

I strongly suggest bringing along single packs of instant coffee. Before you poo-poo it, this isn't the old days of instant coffee, its pretty good now and Nescafe has it dialed in. They used to have them with the sugar and such, but another thing lost post covid.

image.png.eab5ef42954eecb29ce8abf69422aac6.png

Can I ask what kind of coffee you usually drink at home? Looking for options for my husband when we go camping. He has brought a French press before but it’s kind of fiddly out in the woods. 

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

That was my experience in April. One station was open on Lido early. Crew is working to clean up from the night before and get ready for continental breakfast.