Intercontinental Downtown Miami or Hampton Inn Brickell

Cruisesfun65

Hampton Inn

They have included breakfast   also  a shuttle to the port for  a fee  if you need one

Close to Publix & other shops if you need supples  & if you want to go to Bayside   the Trolley & the free rail line is a short walk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While the Intercontinental is on the water and by Bayside, Hampton Inn Brickell is in the heart of Brickell and  As someone who lived in the area for 8 years, I much prefer walking in the Brickell area at night. Very walkable to lots of restaurants, Mary Brickell Village and Brickell City Centre.  

I haven’t been in the rooms at the Intercontinental in year but have in the Hampton Inn and I’m a huge fan of their room renovations. Service is really great. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have stayed at the Hampton. Great hotel in a very good location. Haven't stayed at the Intercontinental,  but wouldn't that be a more expensive hotel?

Booking through AA would give us a great rate plus lots of bonus AA miles. But the majority leans towards the Hampton Inn, so Brickell it is!!

Thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Am I completely off point to consider the Holiday Inn by Bayside Market for one night pre-cruise in February ??

From what I hear it is a dump and the breakfast many times is not included. So be sure before you go to it. They also don't honor their price online. Booked there, paid on their website, week before going they sent an email canceling the reservation because of a pricing issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

From what I hear it is a dump and the breakfast many times is not included. So be sure before you go to it. They also don't honor their price online. Booked there, paid on their website, week before going they sent an email canceling the reservation because of a pricing issue. 

Suggestions please. Getting in at 6:30pm from MIA and hoping for some basic dining very close by or even fast food. Thanks so much.

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Suggestions please. Getting in at 6:30pm from MIA and hoping for some basic dining very close by or even fast food. Thanks so much.

The Hampton being discussed in this thread meets your goals.

• Thanks 1

Getting in at 6:30PM gets you to a hotel about 7:15-7:30. It really depends on what you want. There are tons of options. It also depends on the dates you are going. If not meeting up with a group and it is just your family, I would consider the Doral area. You may pay a little more for Uber the next morning. I looked for Feb 9 for 1 night, 2 adults. It was $175 for the Staybridge Suites Doral. Miller's Ale House is right next door. Great food and atmosphere, wallet friendly and convenient. You are also SO far out from your trip that many deals are not available yet. When you get near October, you will see different deals every day. Check until you find something that works. I use Hotwire and Priceline often.

• Thanks 1

Going Feb 22, 2024 for one night pre-cruise out of POM. just the 2 of us.

I went ahead and booked Hampton Inn Brickell and think I may have enough points after my upcoming 2 night pre-cruise in October 2023 out of Cape Liberty staying at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth NJ.

So we'll see and will certainly keep our options open.

Thanks so much all, and sorry if I may have hijacked the OP's thread a bit.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:22 AM, LHT28 said:

Hampton Inn

They have included breakfast   also  a shuttle to the port for  a fee  if you need one

Close to Publix & other shops if you need supples  & if you want to go to Bayside   the Trolley & the free rail line is a short walk

I looked up the intercontinental for 1 night at the end of Oct., $500. Canadian for 1 night....no thanks

On 5/19/2023 at 8:31 AM, diesel1973 said:

One thing I can say about the Intercontinental, They have the most comfortable beds anywhere!!!!

We have stayed at the Intercontinental a number of times ..... excellent.