We all started somewhere... where did you start?

As a joke I asked my wife if she wanted to go on a cruise I heard about in a forum, and surprisingly she said yes.

I was a travel virgin and was blown away by the experience. January 2000 Celebrity Mercury on a seven day cruise.

Edited by Mike981
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, SteadyBetty said:

I began cruising in 1994 on Carnival Fantasy.

I have been cruising ever since on Royal Caribbean.

That was my 2nd cruise but in 1990 when it was first built. 

• Like 1

My first cruise was in 1989 on the Carnivale then the next year on the Fantasy. After that I didn't cruise on Carnival again until 2000. In 1996 we went on Celebrity on the Meridian. It was a very small pretty old ship by then but it was an awesome cruise to Bermuda and after that I went to Bermuda 2 more times with my parents and 2 times with friends all on Celebrity. 

• Thanks 1

Oct 2001, pretty danged close to 9/11. Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the seas, Caribbean for my and the ex's 15th anniversay. The captain skirted around Hurricane Michelle in the Gulf, and I swore never again. I've/We've been on Holland, Royal, and Celebrity, but prefer Princess.

• Thanks 1

1967....the old Queen Elizabeth on one of its last sailings.  My sister and I were teenagers, coming back from three months of bumming around Europe, first time ever off on our own.    We had a dark little cabin in "tourist class" (steerage, in other words....)  

The old girl was getting pretty shabby but we thought it was the Ritz.  Veddy, veddy British and proper, nothing like today's cruises.  

We had a great time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My first cruise was to nowhere back in 1975 don’t remember much lots of single , drinking and gambling. Then in 1977 I did my first 7 day cruise on the Rotterdam, then I was hooked , have done at least one cruise every year since .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first cruise was with Celebrity Cruises ship Constellation to Caribean for about 12 days or so. Start and end in Fort Lauderdale This was 2008.. Just loved it. So after that I went back in year 2009 to other countries in Carrebean with the same ship . In 2010 a cruise with Constellation again from Amsterdam to Barcelona. 2011 and 2014 with Celebrity Century to southern Alaska fro Vancouver. And now in august/septeber with Summit up New England and Nova Scotia.  I just like Celebrity so much so I do not want to change. Oh, I forgot twice I have been on a Hurtigrutenship from Bergen to Kirkenes. (One way each time)

• Thanks 1

Started with Royal Caribbean, Freedom of the Seas in 2014.... because that's what my friend had booked. Stuck with it because I liked it (almost up to Diamond Plus now, hah) I did end up trying a Carnival sailing once, and went right back to RC 

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chris58 said:

My first cruise was with Celebrity Cruises ship Constellation to Caribean for about 12 days or so. Start and end in Fort Lauderdale This was 2008.. Just loved it. So after that I went back in year 2009 to other countries in Carrebean with the same ship . In 2010 a cruise with Constellation again from Amsterdam to Barcelona. 2011 and 2014 with Celebrity Century to southern Alaska fro Vancouver. And now in august/septeber with Summit up New England and Nova Scotia.  I just like Celebrity so much so I do not want to change. Oh, I forgot twice I have been on a Hurtigrutenship from Bergen to Kirkenes. (One way each time)

I am going on Constellation next year.

Can't wait.

I too am sticking with celebrity until they let me down.

So far, fingers crossed, they haven't.

1995- 3 night on the Big Red Boat in a porthole stateroom. Disney was coming out with their first cruise ship so the Big Red Boat had just switched from the Disney characters to Looney Tunes characters. Then did a Disney 3 years later in an interior. Found out how claustrophobic I was so last time for an inside. First full week cruise was in 2003 on Celebrity Summit to Alaska in a balcony and I was hooked!

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 5:22 PM, luckyinpa said:

NCL breakaway in haven only 2499 pp to bermuda for a week. try to get that pricing now lol!

That’s very close to what we are paying for our concierge balcony Sept. sailing to Bermuda on Oceania - stopping at St. George and Hamilton rather than that overcrowded, out-of-the-way tourist trap at Dockyard

2000 for our honeymoon on Celebrity Horizon, Caribbean 12 Day cruise I believe.  We loved it, especially the caviar bar (man I still wish they had those). Funny thing, we didn't sail again until 2015 for our 15th anniversary but got hooked and been sailing since.  We will be back on Celebrity for the first time next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1