Menus at cruise end?

binman2

No thank goodness. I tried to decline mine last time but it was forced into my hands, I tried to leave it on the table but the waiter chased after me with it. It got dumped in the first available bin (along with many others).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

I wonder if they now re-use them to save cost? Perhaps they'll laminate them in future, like the old Wimpy bar ones.

Unless they’ve changed the format, they can’t re-use them as they have the date on them. I should imagine that they are just thrown into the recycling bin. Shame, but I guess it’s one less thing for the waiters to have to do before they head off to service cabins and work in the bars 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy afloat said:

I wonder if they now re-use them to save cost? Perhaps they'll laminate them in future, like the old Wimpy bar ones.

You will need to order with a QR code soon.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Many a true word spoken in jest. Give it time……. 😂 

I wasn't actually jesting. That is the procedure in many restaurants now, particularly the big national chains. Our Costa's beans are on an app. App to park the car, app to go to the Doctor, app to buy a paper...oh !, no need for a paper, it's  an app. On my phone I have the Royal Caribean app, Celebrity, Melia, various booking apps and P&O's splendid effort.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm sad to say ours always went in the bin.  Why would I want them?

I wish I had kept the menu from the fort in 1971. Crab salad for under a £. Second thoughts...🤔

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm sad to say ours always went in the bin.  Why would I want them?

We usually left ours in the cabin when we disembarked, see no point in keeping them, they never get looked at again. 

2 hours ago, Cloudyrain said:

I’m never knew menu keeping was a thing? They didn’t do it on the Ventura 10 years ago: in fact in 4 P&O cruises over 10 years we never had a menu (or from any other cruise on any other cruise line)

They were still doing it on Aurora pre-pandemic lockdown...

2 hours ago, BandBlady said:

Kept this from my parents collection of cruise memorabilia.My first cruise as a young teenager .

IMG_0178.jpeg

Wow. Never seen one of those but do remember when the Passenger Manifest was out on display by the Purser's Desk for all to leaf through...

• Like 1