Who Amongst Us Holds the Record For......

mahdnc

.......most total nights spent on a Celebrity cruise in a single calendar year?  I know it is not me, but I would appreciate it if you would entertain me.  Even if you are not the record holder, go ahead and impress me.

Rules: 

1. Count nights, not days.  A 7 night cruise has 8 days, so count only nights.

2. Nights spent on a Celebrity pre or post cruise tour do not count.  So your tour to Machu Picchu doesn't count although I am jealous.

3. However you can include nights spent ashore during your cruise such as staying in a hotel on Aruba when the ship overnights there.

4. No escalators for staying in a suite, we are not counting Club Points here.

5. Nights lost due to a cruise being cancelled in the middle of a voyage do not count.  You have my sympathy, but it doesn't count.

6. Celebrity Cruises only.  Royal Caribbean, Azamara, etc do not count.

7. Cannot say stuff like, "I don't remember, but it's a lot".

8. No escalators for nights where you got laid either although maybe there should be especially if you are sailing solo.

9. Speaking of which, solo cruisers do not get to count extra nights because of the solo supplement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Aug 2021 - Edge 21-night B3B

Nov 2021 - Apex 16-night B2B

Dec 2021 - Constellation 21-night B2B

* Feb 2022 - Reflection 14-night B2B

* Aug 2022 - Summit 24-night B2B

Total = 58 nights (75 nights if expanded your survey to include any 12-month span)

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Aug 2021 - Edge 21-night B3B

Nov 2021 - Apex 16-night B2B

Dec 2021 - Constellation 21-night B2B

* Feb 2022 - Reflection 14-night B2B

Total = 58-nights (72 days if you made your survey a 12-month period)

Wow.  Imagine if you could file for a pro-rated rebate on the property taxes on you home.  Or maybe Alabama property taxes are not as bad (I am from Chicago and it is bad).

• Like 1

Just now, mahdnc said:

Wow.  Imagine if you could file for a pro-rated rebate on the property taxes on you home.  Or maybe Alabama property taxes are not as bad (I am from Chicago and it is bad).

If I included all cruises we took from July 2022 to May 2023, it would be 131 nights. Did I mention we are addicted to cruising! 😂

July 2022 - Regal Princess 21-night B3B

Aug 2022 - Celebrity Summit 24-night B2B

Nov 2022 - NCL Jade 38-night B2B

Jan 2023 - Disney Wish 4-nights

Feb 2023 - NCL Dawn 11-nights

Apr 2023 - Celebrity Eclipse 33-night B3B

• Like 1

We haven’t a chance at the record, but I was amused to realize we’ve hit our maximum of 26 nights during three calendar years (2017, 2019, and 2022). We hope to finally break 26 this year with a grand total of 38 nights😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

My daughter was on 28 Celebrity cruises, 218 nights during calendar 2022.

FYI those were as a paying passenger. Also one night on a VIP Beyond sailing.

That is amazing.  Was she in the witness protection program?  Shhhhhhh.

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

FYI those were as a paying passenger. Also one night on a VIP Beyond sailing.

I meant to add to the rules that in general free cruises are ok.  I am especially thinking of Blue Chip Club cruisers.

On the other hand if you were paid to cruise, that doesn't count.  So officers (and their pets), crew, and spouses don't count.

Edited by mahdnc

We spread our cruises across multiple lines, so we'll never hit the big time on just one. Our totals since 2022 include

2022: 68 total nights on two lines, 54 nights on Celebrity

2023: 70 total nights on three lines, 38 nights on Celebrity

2024: 74 total nights on five lines, 11 nights on Celebrity (the big winner will be 28 days on Cunard)

2025: 27 total nights on two lines, 23 nights on Celebrity (so far)

• Like 3

Wasn’t there a man who more or less lived on the Summit? I seem to remember some people were disgruntled that every cruise he got the bouquet for the highest Captains Club points…

I have a pathetic maximum in one year of 25…in 2016. Most years something between 12 - 20. 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Wasn’t there a man who more or less lived on the Summit? I seem to remember some people were disgruntled that every cruise he got the bouquet for the highest Captains Club points…

I have a pathetic maximum in one year of 25…in 2016. Most years something between 12 - 20. 

Yes -- that was Mr. Al. We were with him a number of times.  He always reminded me of my father.

The most nights we were on a Celebrity ship during a single calendar year was 102 nights.  It caused more paperwork for us when we applied the our Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (google what I am talking about) for that year.  Had to submit additional paperwork to prove that we are residents of Alaska.  We now have successfully limited out daily number of nights to 90 or less per calendar year.  And the 102 nights was an aberration.  We most likely will never do it again.  Actually -- we will never do it again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

.......most total nights spent on a Celebrity cruise in a single calendar year?  I know it is not me, but I would appreciate it if you would entertain me.  Even if you are not the record holder, go ahead and impress me.

Rules: 

1. Count nights, not days.  A 7 night cruise has 8 days, so count only nights.

2. Nights spent on a Celebrity pre or post cruise tour do not count.  So your tour to Machu Picchu doesn't count although I am jealous.

3. However you can include nights spent ashore during your cruise such as staying in a hotel on Aruba when the ship overnights there.

4. No escalators for staying in a suite, we are not counting Club Points here.

5. Nights lost due to a cruise being cancelled in the middle of a voyage do not count.  You have my sympathy, but it doesn't count.

6. Celebrity Cruises only.  Royal Caribbean, Azamara, etc do not count.

7. Cannot say stuff like, "I don't remember, but it's a lot".

8. No escalators for nights where you got laid either although maybe there should be especially if you are sailing solo.

9. Speaking of which, solo cruisers do not get to count extra nights because of the solo supplement. 

60 nights in one go is our best - 5 X B2B on Solstice Auckland to Seattle. Cruise included 3 cabin changes including our first Ocean View and first Balcony. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

60 nights in one go is our best - 5 X B2B on Solstice Auckland to Seattle. Cruise included 3 cabin changes including our first Ocean View and first Balcony. 

We looked at this when we did our TP but in reverse!  We decided instead to spend time in Hawaii and Australia…That’s what is wrong with us, we like land based holidays too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We looked at this when we did our TP but in reverse!  We decided instead to spend time in Hawaii and Australia…That’s what is wrong with us, we like land based holidays too!

We started with LA - 2 nights, 2 weeks in New Zealand and finally Dallas. Total trip - 90 days.

I was surprised to see that last year and this year are tied at 79 although we haven't done the 10 Night Summit yet this year.

2022 8 79
Constellation 3 32
Equinox 2 19
Reflection 1 7
Summit 2 21
2023 7 79
Constellation 3 38
Equinox 2 19
Infinity 1 12
Summit 1 10
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

Although this was not the reason for the competition, I have beaten you in the pathetic department with 23 nights in 2019, the last full year before the pandemic.  We usually only take 1 cruise a year--around the holidays--and the calendar alignment of these two cruises allowed me to claim 23 nights:

image.png.3d9d4c77aa04d7342d95d49fa8d55598.png

• Haha 1

"8. No escalators for nights where you got laid either although maybe there should be especially if you are sailing solo "

That's what I call " Insulting "---- asking a question like that makes me feel like a loser  -- You put that on because the " winner " for sure would be that " old fart with the 32 yr old " that I mentioned once or over 50 times !!! 

Can we ( not me for sure ) get extra points if we remember the Captain's name on every cruise, your favorite bar tender,  or who won the golf putting tournament in 2012??

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Although this was not the reason for the competition, I have beaten you in the pathetic department with 23 nights in 2019, the last full year before the pandemic.  We usually only take 1 cruise a year--around the holidays--and the calendar alignment of these two cruises allowed me to claim 23 nights:

image.png.3d9d4c77aa04d7342d95d49fa8d55598.png

Get in line!  Best for me was also 2019...17 nights total on two cruises.🙄  35 cruises total on all lines, spread over 56 years. I feel like a failure!😉

Actually, when I think about the average cruise for me being ten days, that means I've spent a whole  year of my life on ships.

See?  I can impress even myself!😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1