Seabourn Announces Refreshed In-Suite Dining Menu

nancygp

Had a long chat with one of the senior restaurant staff about this last evening.  He explained the roll out process which includes the executive chef spending time on each and every ship for implementation.  I was told that fleet wide rollout will takes some months, but certainly will be complete this year.  Ovation is expected to see the changes September ish though many things could impact the exact schedule.

Excellent news.  We are booked for a Grand Voyage and I can anticipate that there will be evenings when we are tired and just don't want to socialize and have a long dinner.  Dinner in our suite would be a nice alternative, combined with the great TV choices on Seabourn, we will be happy guys.

13 hours ago, tv24 said:

...combined with the great TV choices on Seabourn, we will be happy guys.

I don't agree with your description of the TV choices as being great.

The news channels are predominately from UK, Australia and other countries, totally not in proportion to Seabourn's clientele.  CNN, which is traditionally the standard for news (and I'm not looking to get into a political argument) is not available.  ESPN, which is the standard for sports in the USA, is also not available. 

IIRC, on our recent cruises there were three or four sports channels, not one of which was from the USA.

I'm not saying that the channels for the other countries need to be removed, but there should be at least one USA sports channel, given the national demographics of Seabourn's cruisers.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

The news channels are predominately from UK, Australia and other countries, totally not in proportion to Seabourn's clientele.  CNN, which is traditionally the standard for news (and I'm not looking to get into a political argument) is not available.  ESPN, which is the standard for sports in the USA, is also not available. 

IIRC, on our recent cruises there were three or four sports channels, not one of which was from the USA.

I'm not saying that the channels for the other countries need to be removed, but there should be at least one USA sports channel, given the national demographics of Seabourn's cruisers.

On my recent Ovation cruise, the news channels (from the US) were Fox News and MSNBC. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, skybluewaters said:

Totally agree.  Even if they don't want to pay the premium cost to carry ESPN, they could at least carry Fox Sports (since they already have Fox News).  The PPV movie selection is pretty decent.  I have not tried to connect my device to do streaming of Netflix or Amazon Prime, because internet has been so lousy much of  the time.  On our crossing next spring, I thought I'd give it a try.

Has anyone tried streaming through their own device. Is there an HDMI input one can use / would think there are international restrictions on streaming outside the US for a US account.  What about viewing from a thumb drive? Is there a USB port and can you switch the source using the remote?

1 hour ago, CLOU said:

Has anyone tried streaming through their own device. Is there an HDMI input one can use / would think there are international restrictions on streaming outside the US for a US account.  What about viewing from a thumb drive? Is there a USB port and can you switch the source using the remote?

My husband streamed through multiple apps (outside the US with a US ACCOUNT) quite a bit on his iPhone and sometime on my iPad…usually not an issue provided the Wi-Fi was good.  We had the upgraded Wi-Fi.  

in addition, he was able to attend board meetings via zoom somewhere in the ocean on 2 cruises.  For the most part, the connection was great.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

My husband streamed through multiple apps (outside the US with a US ACCOUNT) quite a bit on his iPhone and sometime on my iPad…usually not an issue provided the Wi-Fi was good.  We had the upgraded Wi-Fi.  

in addition, he was able to attend board meetings via zoom somewhere in the ocean on 2 cruises.  For the most part, the connection was great.

Nancy

Just to confirm: you purchased the upgraded wifi @$20/day, which allows streaming?

4 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

Just to confirm: you purchased the upgraded wifi @$20/day, which allows streaming?

We didn’t purchase it as we are Diamond level members and it’s one of the benefits we receive.

Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CLOU said:

want to know too. If I need to bring my own Chrome Cast with HDMI cable

That’s my main question. Is there an HDMI port and ir a USB port you can access and can you switch the source or input? Or, can you cast from a phone or iPad?

sorry, I seem to have hijacked this thread.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:30 PM, CLOU said:

On 6/22/2023 at 8:30 PM, ct-andy said:

want to know too. If I need to bring my own Chrome Cast with HDMI cable

13 hours ago, CLOU said:

That’s my main question. Is there an HDMI port and ir a USB port you can access and can you switch the source or input? Or, can you cast from a phone or iPad?

Someone will correct me if this is not correct, but I believe they have disabled the inputs on the TV so that it only works with the ship's interactive system. Sorry, you'll have to enjoy the scenery and the bars and restaurants and live entertainment instead. 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CLOU said:

sorry, I seem to have hijacked this thread.

Enough already 😁