Looking for price drops HA - NOT Happening :)

Hi,  Just looked at all my booking across about 4 different lines.  All booking prices were higher.  But RCI's was the winner as far as price increase - 30% increase for next April.

Booking early was a good idea. 

Any other experiences out there?

Looking at 2024 Alaska cruises and the North Bound Vancouver to Seward inside pricing was $299 pp.  Doesn't get any better than that.  Already booked cruises...nada!  No reductions.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

My dec 13 2024 is very close. I just booked 3 of these about a month ago and that one was u usually high compared to the other 2 imo.

I saw it within $12 of my group rate last week. My group rate is refundable my TA reminds me. My april 2025 southern is the highest doing a mock booking so I dont understand why this eastern is so darn high, higher than the more expensive southern. I'm close but dont want to lose my refundable until I get moved. My life is too uncertain. 

Wonder is the highest of what's in my signature. 

All heading up, though just one very close to group rate, hardly a deal but oh well. 

My upcoming sept allure was my best deal. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wonder is the highest of what's in my signature. 

No surprise there. My March 2024 spring break Wonder booking looks like a great price compared to the current online price but historically it would have just been a decent price. My June 2024 Wonder isn't that great (although still significantly lower than online) but this is the new normal, especially for newer ships during busy seasons.

Bring on Utopia! 🙈

• Like 1

I got $500 back right before final payment date on my September Allure. But that said, we booked it just this May, so undoubtedly we paid more than someone who's been planning it for two years. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

We booked Ovation 2025 Hawaii to Vancouver in Grand Loft Suite and after we booked our cabin (4th booked out of 6 GLS) the price went up $4000 CAD.

My parents booked on Princess Vancouver to Sydney / Sydney all around Oz last year in a Club Class+ Mini Suite and have saved $3000 on price price drops on the cruise and $500 on price drops for their Sydney hotel.

I am always checking for price drops, it has saved us thousands over the years. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly, never really look for price drops.

When I have (based on information from others) they almost never materialize 

This exactly.  When I book a cruise, I pretty much know what I'm getting in to.  If I don't like the price, I will skip booking it.  In over 10 years of booking cruises, I think I have only called for an adjustment one time.  And that was moving it from refundable to non-refundable to save some money just before final payment.  But by that point, I knew 100% I was going.  So that didn't matter.  

In today's pricing environment, I understand the frustration if this has been your historical pattern for cruising.  I get it.  I was looking for a bargain to get 3 cabins for a 4 day out of Canaveral late Summer/early Fall like I did last year.  But I laugh every time I look at current rates.  Not happening at this time.  So in this case I will pass.  But for everything I have booked right now, it would take a miracle to get a lower price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

I was looking for a bargain to get 3 cabins for a 4 day out of Canaveral late Summer/early Fall like I did last year.  But I laugh every time I look at current rates.

October last year… the days of the $129 GGG sale price for Indy 4-nighters. 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

October last year… the days of the $129 GGG sale price for Indy 4-nighters. 🤣

Yes. Pretty much.  I think I booked an interior last week of August on Indy last year for $229.  And that was only because I picked my own room!  I would do that in a New York minute again this year if it was available.  For my Alaska trip on Quantum next week, it is absolutely insane the price increase on that since I booked it last March.  More than double per person!  Royal may actually blackball me for the price of all my upcoming booked cruises!  🙂  

23 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Hi,  Just looked at all my booking across about 4 different lines.  All booking prices were higher.  But RCI's was the winner as far as price increase - 30% increase for next April.

Booking early was a good idea. 

Any other experiences out there?

Same, 2 my Royal Cruises are more then Double from what I Booked 560 days before Sailing. But even the other ones I have Booked, Double from 2022. High Demand, High prices