Earliest you’ve booked thread?

zitsky

I figure there must be a thread but I can’t find it.  It would be interesting to read.

I’m considering a cruise in New Year’s 2025.  I’m wondering if I’m the only one booking that far out.

• Like 2

915 days in advance of our Nov 18 2023 Xpedition Galapagos sailing

874 days in advance of our Apr 9 2025 Solstice Transpacific cruise

748 days in advance of our Jan 2 2018 Solstice Great Barrier Reef cruise (done)

742 days in advance of our Jan 4 2019 Reflection Caribbean cruise (done)

710 days in advance of our Dec 23 2019 Solstice New Zealand cruise (done)

700 days in advance of our Dec 24 2016 Infinity South America cruise (done)

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Life could change a lot by then. We may be living in a very different world….

The most I have booked out is 18 months. Rarely just because of a special occasion and the price was right. I will only book that far out onboard. Not giving them my cash for that long, so I use the reduced deposit onboard. 

• Thanks 1

We are booked through October of 2025 currently.

Our 2025 cruises were booked

Celebrity Ascent (January 2025) - 757 days ahead of time

MSC World America (October 2025) - 923 days ahead of time

We often book when itineraries are released which is usually 18 months to 2.5 years out.

• Like 3

I have...

Beyond Aug 2023 

Apex Feb 2024

Solstice July 2024 

Reflection Feb 2025 

I am planning to book our sailing Feb 2026 while sailing Apex. (pending our onboard experience) Yes I always plan far in advance and always find price drops. Just be willing to re-navigate/adjust if need be.

Life Throws Curve Balls as we all know.

Patty 

• Like 1

Well, I booked a Japan Cruise on April 1, 2020 (maybe the fact it was April Fool's Day has something to do with this).  We are now scheduled to sail on April 9, 2024, so that's 1369 days.  Of course it was supposed to happen in April of 2021, then April 2022, then April 2023.  I think fourth time may be the charm.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

The earlier the better. We have a 5-year cruise plan, which starts with the "dream" phase. So when an itinerary finally gets posted we've been wanting to go on, we book it ASAP. One of the benefits of booking early, besides getting the cabin we want, is to be in a position to refare the cruise if the price goes down, but that has definitely not been the case with the Celebrity cruises we currently have book.

Here's a fun fact. We always book Celebrity cruises at the "ridiculous" refundable rate. Our July 2024 Apex cruise as well as our Mar 2025 Caribbean cruise have both increased to where the nonrefundable rate is now more than the refundable rate we originally booked the cruises at. Now you know why we book early. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The earlier the better. We have a 5-year cruise plan, which starts with the "dream" phase. So when an itinerary finally gets posted we've been wanting to go on, we book it ASAP. One of the benefits of booking early, besides getting the cabin we want, is to be in a position to refare the cruise if the price goes down, but that has definitely not been the case with the Celebrity cruises we currently have book.

Here's a fun fact. We always book Celebrity cruises at the "ridiculous" refundable rate. Our July 2024 Apex cruise as well as our Mar 2025 Caribbean cruise have both increased to where the nonrefundable rate is now more than the refundable rate we originally booked the cruises at. Now you know why we book early. 😉

My partner was ok with the suite because of the ridiculous amount of OBC.  But I couldn’t convince him that we should do a refundable deposit.  I think it was another $2800.  I think insurance will cover some of the cost.

My partner is from Malaysia and this cruise would let him visit with friends.  And the ports are nice.  We’d add some days on the beginning.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

Until recently, we’ve had to book a year or more in advance in order to try to “defend“ our scheduled holiday from constantly changing work deadlines. We also sought the lowest cost and the most appealing cabins for our budget. 

I booked Edge (before she was launched) the morning the schedule was released. That was a leap of faith, a new ship class and a new cabin type (Infinite Veranda) for a 15 night TA😂  We’ve booked several others more than a year in advance, and we’ve booked three within final payment. We book NRF deposits only. All but one deposit falls under the old policy, so the most we’d lose if we had to cancel would be $200.

Our current bookings have us departing:

July 2023 - booked on board October 2021

December 2023 - booked April 2023

April 2024 - booked on board April 2023

September 2024 - booked February 2023

Edited by Silkroad

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I figure there must be a thread but I can’t find it.  It would be interesting to read.

I’m considering a cruise in New Year’s 2025.  I’m wondering if I’m the only one booking that far out.

No you are not the only one booking that far out.

We have always booked as soon as they showed up on the schedule.

Having said that we have not booked another Celebrity cruise lately.  Time for us to evaluate the cuts and book other lines...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Having said that we have not booked another Celebrity cruise lately.  Time for us to evaluate the cuts and book other lines...

I looked at a few others.  Didn’t find quite what I was looking for.  Asia plus suite and suite privileges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Same with us.  It has been a regular ritual at the end of the year.  Usually we are taking our cruise then and will dutifully go to the Future Cruises desk and book a sailing that was just released.  

We love taking national park vacations--we may have to go back to that.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fef8b56f5c7afde8d7b402aa927236e.jpeg

Chloride Cliffs Road, Death Valley National Park, Dec 2021

image.thumb.jpeg.3077708338c3939ecf998a86de9cbacf.jpeg

Temple of the Sun and Temple of the Moon, Capitol Reef National Park, Apr 2017

• Like 3

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

If I may ask, what sailing are you looking at?  Have you done a New Years Eve cruise before?

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Same with us.  It has been a regular ritual at the end of the year.  Usually we are taking our cruise then and will dutifully go to the Future Cruises desk and book a sailing that was just released.  

We love taking national park vacations--we may have to go back to that.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fef8b56f5c7afde8d7b402aa927236e.jpeg

Chloride Cliffs Road, Death Valley National Park, Dec 2021

image.thumb.jpeg.3077708338c3939ecf998a86de9cbacf.jpeg

Temple of the Sun and Temple of the Moon, Capitol Reef National Park, Apr 2017

We just did Joshua Tree National Park this weekend as well as Palm Springs.  It was a nice vacation.  Still trying to win the Wave lottery. 🙂🙂🙂🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

My partner thinks I am weird for wanting to book a January 2025 cruise.  I guess I’m in good company.  😳

You may still be weird, but wanting to book a Jan 2025 cruise is not the reason why 🤣

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If I may ask, what sailing are you looking at?  Have you done a New Years Eve cruise before?

No.  I have one this Dec/Jan.  This would be the second.  Bali to Singapore 1/2/25.

Is there something I should know?