NCL Bar Snack Mix - Still Around?

Dajbman22

I was last on NCL in 2017 on the Breakaway and I remember a few of the bars (definitely at the Prime Meridian and Maltings) would offer guests a small glass carafe of a bar snack mix if they were sitting at the bar or immediate tables. I remember really liking it and it being a nice to have something to munch on with a drink without having to go to a full dining venue or order a larger meal/snack. 

I assume this was no longer offered during the initial return to cruising after COVID, but I'm wondering if it is still something you can ask for or if it's just a relic of cruising past. 

I believe I got some at the Mixx bar on Joy last summer, but I might be mistaken.

I'm sailing Joy again in 30 days and I'm making a mental note to check on this at all the bars I frequent.

Call it a "Quest"!!

Lmao!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dajbman22 said:

I was last on NCL in 2017 on the Breakaway and I remember a few of the bars (definitely at the Prime Meridian and Maltings) would offer guests a small glass carafe of a bar snack mix if they were sitting at the bar or immediate tables. I remember really liking it and it being a nice to have something to munch on with a drink without having to go to a full dining venue or order a larger meal/snack. 

I'd forgotten about this.  It was addictive!

On the Star recently, the Munchie Crunchie mix was available at Gatsby's. The Proof Whiskey Bar offered the dried fruit mix. I don't remember what other bars were offering, if anything! 

Edited by JustAllie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coin ops said:

In case you are interested,  the snack is called Munchie Crunchie and available through NCL's vendor, New Urban Farms.

https://www.newurbanfarms.com/munchie-crunchie-mix/

I have bought this from them. It is beyond awesome. Now I want to buy it again. I wish they sold it in smaller packages.

The Munchie Crunchie mix sounds delish…but that isn’t what we’ve gotten.  Breakaway was closest but it wasn’t the sweet/salty combo…just savory.  Epic had two…one of which was the dried fruit and I think the other was basic oriental mix.  I also think Prima had basic oriental mix.  Regardless…loved having a nibble with my Prosecco.  I’m def a nibbler when I drink.  

I've always noticed that the cruise ships are lacking in salty crunchy snack foods. I sometimes haunt the buffet line in the evening looking for things like crackers, breadsticks, etc. when what I really want is some potato chips or popcorn! 

• Like 2

Someone a while back had mentioned they ask their butler for it to be in their cabin so we started doing that as well.  They had it on the Gem recently but it just seems different but couldn't figure out why.  Maybe it's just my memory isn't that reliable any more... anyway it was still good.

Prima in May had the savoury only mix at least in the Metropolitan bar and the Penrose bar (including general seats in the atrium); it typically started coming out from 3:30 or 4 to fill that lunch-dinner snack gap.

Yeah, my last 3 cruises were all on the Oasis (didn't plan that to happen, just how the best deal/timing worked out) and I started hoarding bags of chips from the Park Cafe so I could have simple salty snacks with my evening drinks, missing the NCL snack mix. 

We were offered a mix a few times at the Sunset Bar on the Getaway but it was not consistent. We just started bringing a bag of our own with us. We get one of the ice cream cups and just pour some into that.

When we were on the Edge in February nothing was offered.  We finally asked and they did bring us some, but I agree.  It was not as good as before--but what is in this life?  We will be on the Prima in three weeks and we will ask for it and report back for all of you nibblers and munchers!