Is the onboard laundry really per item?

Deal when offered(not short Cruises) $35 small bag, no reg clothes, only sox, undies, T-shirts, swimsuits, PJ's, Gym Clothes. No Pants, Button up shirts, ect. Seen people Billed separate item full price if an item not authorized. Also washed in Hot with other peoples clothes in separate mess bags(Some have issue with that) also fading can happened & gotten few T-shirts back with pin holes

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 6/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, smokeybandit said:

One day during the cruise there will be a bag special. The other days you pay by the item.

Do you know what day is the ‘one day’?

We’re going to be on land vacation 10 days before the cruise and would like to use this offer to wash some clothes..

You can ask your steward for the bag on a different day.  Bag is actually the same, just a different billing slip with limited items allowed.  Typically advertised around day 4 or 5 on a 9-10 night cruise.

• Like 1

Odyssey was a stickler for laundry. I think my room steward was new or something because it became a huge mess. 

I didn’t have time to iron before we left, so on on the first day I laid out a few dresses, shirts, pants, etc. WITH the laundry slip completed to get these items pressed for the next day formal night. Items were taken while we were at dinner and the room was made up. 

Next day no laundry. Alright, I thought, running behind we’ll have it by dinner time. 5 pm comes and goes and no laundry. I find my room steward and ask him about the laundry. He doesn’t remember picking up my clothes, but he will check with laundry after he finishes his rooms. 

3rd day, no laundry. I go to guest services at 4 to ask for some help locating my clothes. They call the laundry room and they find my clothes on “hold” for the wash/fold day promo on the 5th day. I proceed to tell GS what I did on the first day and what happened so far. She did confirm paying for pressing is next day turn around, so she was not sure what happened, but I should get my clothes back tomorrow by dinner. 

Long story short, I got my clothes back on the 6th evening washed and folded. Yes, my dry clean only items were washed. Oh, and I was charged per item for this wash and fold. I stood in a very long line to get it sorted out after I made it past the “bouncer” letting people in line. To this day they have refused to reimburse me for my ruined dresses. I never saw the room steward after day 4. He made sure he was in another room when we walked out the door. I should have taken a picture of the slip I filled out. 

57 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Odyssey was a stickler for laundry. I think my room steward was new or something because it became a huge mess. 

I didn’t have time to iron before we left, so on on the first day I laid out a few dresses, shirts, pants, etc. WITH the laundry slip completed to get these items pressed for the next day formal night. Items were taken while we were at dinner and the room was made up. 

Next day no laundry. Alright, I thought, running behind we’ll have it by dinner time. 5 pm comes and goes and no laundry. I find my room steward and ask him about the laundry. He doesn’t remember picking up my clothes, but he will check with laundry after he finishes his rooms. 

3rd day, no laundry. I go to guest services at 4 to ask for some help locating my clothes. They call the laundry room and they find my clothes on “hold” for the wash/fold day promo on the 5th day. I proceed to tell GS what I did on the first day and what happened so far. She did confirm paying for pressing is next day turn around, so she was not sure what happened, but I should get my clothes back tomorrow by dinner. 

Long story short, I got my clothes back on the 6th evening washed and folded. Yes, my dry clean only items were washed. Oh, and I was charged per item for this wash and fold. I stood in a very long line to get it sorted out after I made it past the “bouncer” letting people in line. To this day they have refused to reimburse me for my ruined dresses. I never saw the room steward after day 4. He made sure he was in another room when we walked out the door. I should have taken a picture of the slip I filled out. 

Oh no. Im

So

sorry. 

On 6/25/2023 at 4:37 PM, Cruisegirl138 said:

I thought I saw a list somewhere. I’m just concerned with overpacking and was just wondering Incase. I thought I heard sometimes they have a deal per bag. Is that every sailing or a rarity?  Thanks. 

They have a fill a bag service. BUT,,, there is a limited types of items you can have cleaned. Nothing that requires work on the part of the laundry room. 

On 6/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, Ashland said:

And the free bag for D+ is per member not per cabin.

Caveat.  I don’t think my kids got a free bag on our last cruise.  I could be mistaken, but I think it is only for adult D+.  Obviously kid’s benefits are a bit different in some areas of the perks.  

On 6/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, Wivian said:

Do you know what day is the ‘one day’?

We’re going to be on land vacation 10 days before the cruise and would like to use this offer to wash some clothes..

Usually in the middle of the cruise (approximately).  

On 6/25/2023 at 4:37 PM, Cruisegirl138 said:

I thought I saw a list somewhere. I’m just concerned with overpacking and was just wondering Incase. I thought I heard sometimes they have a deal per bag. Is that every sailing or a rarity?  Thanks. 

Usually, depending upon the sailing, they have a "special" how many items you can squeeze into their laundry bag for a flat fee.  Typically once per sailing- midway but could be more.  I bring enough cloths regardless of laundry and tend to have them launder underwear, pj's and tee shirts that I don't care about.  Never give them good clothes.  They do offer dry cleaning services, which is good, but not cheap.  We hand wash swim suits.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 6/25/2023 at 4:44 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Deal when offered(not short Cruises) $35 small bag, no reg clothes, only sox, undies, T-shirts, swimsuits, PJ's, Gym Clothes. No Pants, Button up shirts, ect. Seen people Billed separate item full price if an item not authorized. Also washed in Hot with other peoples clothes in separate mess bags(Some have issue with that) also fading can happened & gotten few T-shirts back with pin holes

Thanks for the info. Hot water, harsh detergent and with other passengers clothes is not for me. Guess I will pack extra socks and underwear. 

On 6/29/2023 at 1:14 AM, twinmommy08 said:

That is an unfortunate series of events.  

We had excellent laundry service on the Anthem recently.  Picked up when we left the room in the morning was delivered back to us before 5pm same day.  We did 4 or 5 bags, never had an issue, but only sent washable items.  The slips seemed to indicate the charge was per item, but we didn't pay as we were in Star class.  For us, it is one of the better perks of Star Class. As a family of 4 were were traveling light and it helped a lot.