Visitors

Keith1010

Great news!

Just as it was before the Pandemic, Guests sailing on Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony will be able to submit a request to have visitors on-board.

Requests need to be submitted at least seven days prior to the visit. You cannot have visitors on debarkation day.

There will be charges for Afternoon Tea, lunch or dinner at Waterside, lunch at Marketplace or the Trident Grill, and dinner at Umi Uma but they can't sit at the Sushi Bar,  or Osteria D'Ovidio.  Tastes wasn't listed so not sure.  Up to four guests per suite per day.

I would get with your TA about this or with Crystal if you booked directly with them if you want to have a visitors(s) come aboard.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Great news!

Just as it was before the Pandemic, Guests sailing on Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony will be able to submit a request to have visitors on-board.

Requests need to be submitted at least seven days prior to the visit. You cannot have visitors on debarkation day.

There will be charges for Afternoon Tea, lunch or dinner at Waterside, lunch at Marketplace or the Trident Grill, and dinner at Umi Uma but they can't sit at the Sushi Bar,  or Osteria D'Ovidio.  Tastes wasn't listed so not sure.  Up to four guests per suite per day.

I would get with your TA about this or with Crystal if you booked directly with them if you want to have a visitors(s) come aboard.

Keith

Are you going to invite me when you are eventually in Zeebrugge ?😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:52 PM, Keith1010 said:

You cannot have visitors on debarkation day.

Does that also mean not on embarkation day?  I would not want visitors on debarkation, but I would on embarkation. 

Edited by SusieQft

8 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Does that also mean not on embarkation day?  I would not want visitors on debarkation, but I would on embarkation. 

I'd say it's both, it's the same day, as it's one for you and the other for someone else. Crew is way too busy that day.

Patty

18 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

You can have visitors on the day you embark but not on the day you debark. 

Keith

How often does this actually occur?  I would imagine very few people would have visitors, unless it just so happens that they have close friends in one of the ports - which would seem to be a rather unlikely event.

31 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

How often does this actually occur?  I would imagine very few people would have visitors, unless it just so happens that they have close friends in one of the ports - which would seem to be a rather unlikely event.

It varies based on where the ship is sailing bad whose on the ship.

It is capacity controlled.

Keith

2 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

This actually just recently happened to us! We live on our sailboat cruising around Mexico, and a couple months ago we happened to be near Puerto Vallarta when dear friends of ours were on a cruise that stopped there. We would have loved to visit them on the ship (they are both mobility challenged while we are not), but their cruise line doesn’t allow visitors at all. So they had to exit the ship and meet us at a restaurant near the pier for lunch. It all would have been so much easier if their cruise line allowed visitors on board. 

We hosted three visitors on embarkation day in Boston, in 2014. We had an overnight there so perhaps that was a factor. Dinner at Prego was wonderful and well worth the modest fee.

The next day, we hosted two visitors for lunch at Tastes. It was satisfactory, but they took far too long to present me with a bill, and so we dined and dashed. Perhaps they are still looking for me, and so I am hesitant to book another Crystal cruise.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We always ask to not be presented with a bill at the table , opting for signing on the way out or at a later date, not to make guests uneasy. We’re on board, they’ll find us, there’s no rush. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ethereal Cruiser said:

We hosted three visitors on embarkation day in Boston, in 2014. We had an overnight there so perhaps that was a factor. Dinner at Prego was wonderful and well worth the modest fee.

The next day, we hosted two visitors for lunch at Tastes. It was satisfactory, but they took far too long to present me with a bill, and so we dined and dashed. Perhaps they are still looking for me, and so I am hesitant to book another Crystal cruise.

That is a slender thread for choosing another cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ethereal Cruiser said:

It was satisfactory, but they took far too long to present me with a bill, and so we dined and dashed. Perhaps they are still looking for me, and so I am hesitant to book another Crystal cruise.

Unless the bankruptcy trustee is on your next sailing, I don't think you have much to worry about.

9 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

This actually just recently happened to us! We live on our sailboat cruising around Mexico, and a couple months ago we happened to be near Puerto Vallarta when dear friends of ours were on a cruise that stopped there. We would have loved to visit them on the ship (they are both mobility challenged while we are not), but their cruise line doesn’t allow visitors at all. So they had to exit the ship and meet us at a restaurant near the pier for lunch. It all would have been so much easier if their cruise line allowed visitors on board. 

few cruise companies  do allow visitors

Crystal Silversea   Hapag Lloyd   -  no visitors on the carnival group , Celebrity and RCL

and not on MSC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vistaman said:

few cruise companies  do allow visitors

Crystal Silversea   Hapag Lloyd   -  no visitors on the carnival group , Celebrity and RCL

and not on MSC

Seabourn allows visitors

Nancy

All nice to know but it is nice that Crystal has brought back the visitor program.

It's great that other lines do this but this thread was to just let folks know that the visitor program is returning. I was pleasantly surprised and glad they are doing this.

My advice is for those who want to have visitors board to have your agent get the form for you and submit it as early as you can as it is based capacity controlled. 

We have used it a few times over the years having friends on board (some from this board), our family when they were in Australia, and my last sister in law and brother in law when they lived in Scotland. And one time when we were visiting family in Australia we were there when Serenity was there so we had the opportunity to visit ourselves.

Keith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

All nice to know but it is nice that Crystal has brought back the visitor program.

In the world of thread drift, it has been very minor on this one.  Only one posting with bogus info.

Anyway, happy to know Crystal is doing this.   It's a huge benefit, even when they charge for meals.

Slight thread drift: Others do not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2023 at 3:27 PM, Rothko1 said:

In four different cities, we’ve had a total of seven close family members and one good friend. All US cities. San Fran, Charleston, Boston and NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if visitors will be allowed on board on embarkation day, July 31 in Marseille? Our first cruise on NC will not be until November 2 Miami/Miami but we will be within an hour drive to Marseille on July 31 and would love, as loyal Crystal Cruisers,  to visit on board on that very exciting and special day. Unfortunately, we don’t personally know anyone on that segment and have no idea who we might contact to make a request to visit. Can anyone share info about how to be an invited quest? 

• Haha 1