NCLH Press Release on “Simply More”

Classiccruiser777

3 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Yes, only 2 choices:  cruise with air, including Simply More or cruise without air, including Simply More.  As I understand it, all pax fares include SM.

So thats really a no, I must get SM?

So I read further on some other threads and the answer is no, all cruises booked after 10/1 will include SM.  At that point, it's no longer a promotional item, it is just an amenity.  I have the option with a promotional item but an amenity I do not.

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

So I have a simple question, can I still book the cruise only?

34 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Yes, only 2 choices:  cruise with air, including Simply More or cruise without air, including Simply More.  As I understand it, all pax fares include SM.

Well in fact as far as we know at this time the answer is no.  Unless you define cruise only now as including all the items that simply more has added.

One caveat, there is a post on these boards from yesterday that they will be adding a true cruise only option back in.  While that poster generally has a good idea of Oceania information this is so far unsubstantiated anywhere else.  Certainly many here (including me) would be thrilled if the did.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Well in fact as far as we know at this time the answer is no.  Unless you define cruise only now as including all the items that simply more has added.

One caveat, there is a post on these boards from yesterday that they will be adding a true cruise only option back in.  While that poster generally has a good idea of Oceania information this is so far unsubstantiated anywhere else.  Certainly many here (including me) would be thrilled if the did.

Woofa, where would I find that post?

7 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I believe he is referring to Post 316 in the Simply More  impact on bookings thread. 

Yes, that is the post I was referring to.

I know that everyone is looking for detailed answers at this time but the truth of the matter is that there is plenty we do not yet know.  While I think we will get some additional clarification tomorrow, and throughout the week, I imagine we won't get the entire picture for some time.  No one will actually cruise as part of this program until October and has been mentioned previously it may be until the next set of cruises is released until we have a better idea on how this affects pricing going forward.

Certainly since yesterday we have many posts regarding the new pricing compared to pricing that people knew of previously.  At this point the group of information points to little beyond the fact the numbers are all over the place.  Personally, I find it difficult to believe that O instituted this program without uniform numbers depending upon the length of sailing (as Olife was.). I think it more reasonable to assume that O took this opportunity to, in addition to instituting Simply More, update the prices on some (perhaps many) current cruises.  How else to understand why some cruises are reporting a price decrease while others report the reasonable (not to all) increase and still some others report their cruise going up dramatically? Of course that is only a guess on my behalf.

51 minutes ago, Woofa said:

As would we.  We have done cruise only pretty much exclusively on O but I am not going to panic if the perks in SM are now another amenity like free specialty restaurants are.  We generally take a few O excursions, I am a drinker but my wife is not so that’s 50/50.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

So I have a simple question, can I still book the cruise only?

You can book   a cruise  which includes the SM program

2 options

1) cruise  plus air

2) cruise  no air

Simple   why are people trying to make  things more complicated  🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Yes, that is the post I was referring to.

I know that everyone is looking for detailed answers at this time but the truth of the matter is that there is plenty we do not yet know.  While I think we will get some additional clarification tomorrow, and throughout the week, I imagine we won't get the entire picture for some time.  No one will actually cruise as part of this program until October and has been mentioned previously it may be until the next set of cruises is released until we have a better idea on how this affects pricing going forward.

Certainly since yesterday we have many posts regarding the new pricing compared to pricing that people knew of previously.  At this point the group of information points to little beyond the fact the numbers are all over the place.  Personally, I find it difficult to believe that O instituted this program without uniform numbers depending upon the length of sailing (as Olife was.). I think it more reasonable to assume that O took this opportunity to, in addition to instituting Simply More, update the prices on some (perhaps many) current cruises.  How else to understand why some cruises are reporting a price decrease while others report the reasonable (not to all) increase and still some others report their cruise going up dramatically? Of course that is only a guess on my behalf.

I believe the wide discrepancy in reported pricing is people are comparing the "old" cruise only fares combined with a promotion (4 category upgrade sale, Extraordinary Savings, etc.) booked awhile ago to todays SM pricing.  While others are comparing what the pricing was recently with OLife ( one amenity) .   There have been price increases in the last 6 months so that complicates comparison also.  Bottom line is when someone is ready to book their next cruise, does the price for the cruise on O with SM compared to a cruise on a different line provide good overall value to you.  If not, then you will move on to a different line - if yes, then you will book with O.  Whatever the choice, enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woofa said:

I would  pin my hopes  on speculation of  a cheerleader

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would  pin my hopes  on speculation of  a cheerleader

I think you meant wouldn't.  And of course I agree.  No other evidence of this at this time but, I do try and make sure to answer with any and all information available.  I hope my post gave the correct impression that at this time we have no evidence to support this.

Having said that, I do find myself respecting the information that @mauibabes posts over time ( as I do yours and many others on these threads,) and while I agree that they have a generally shown to be an overall lover of the O product (as are we although only one cruise in) I believe that their posting (as well as mine and yours) is honest about O's shortcomings albeit in a glass is half full type of way and while they may end up being incorrect, I don't see them (as we all know some on these boards do) posting just to stir the pot.

Just now, Woofa said:

I think you meant wouldn't.  And of course I agree.

Yes  I should have said  would NOT  thanks for catching that

I find some things posted by the  cheerleader  are often wrong

YMMV

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes  I should have said  would NOT  thanks for catching that

I find some things posted by the  cheerleader  are often wrong

YMMV

Agreed. Also guessing a different term than Cheerleaders.

One of the things about Simply More that amuses me is the advertising about "free champagne..." and "free shore excursions."  Using the same logic, now I realize that my country club membership provides me with free golf.  Wow, who knew that the purpose of my club dues was to make my golf free.  Sorry for the digression.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Has anyone looked at the Shore Excursions under the new SM plan? I looked at some of them on a cruise I was considering for 2024 and no prices of any kind were listed, and it just said "unlimited", which is not really true because the shorex for this cruise has a $800 limit per cabin (I guess). Perhaps there are no prices since the cruise is not until next year; I didn't check any 2023 cruises.

3 hours ago, PSR said:

Has anyone looked at the Shore Excursions under the new SM plan? I looked at some of them on a cruise I was considering for 2024 and no prices of any kind were listed, and it just said "unlimited", which is not really true because the shorex for this cruise has a $800 limit per cabin (I guess). Perhaps there are no prices since the cruise is not until next year; I didn't check any 2023 cruises.

Website is still being updated, or your cruise is too far out for prices.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

I'm reminded of the old saying by that one philosopher, " I drink, therefore I am" going to book a cruise under the new program. 

Yep, there are still a bunch in our acceptable price range. Maybe I can raise our max. price by working more. 🤣 (not gonna happen!)

4 hours ago, janecambridge said:

This makes it all difficult to decide whether to book with O Life or SM today.

If you are booking today  it will be SM    so  the only decision to make  is  do you want Oceania  air  or  no air

Not difficult at all

On 7/1/2023 at 3:57 PM, EJL2023 said:

Very interesting.  I have a cruise booked for July, 2024.  10 Days on Marina Oslo to London in A2.  The price when I booked it was 5599 plus OLife for Bev Package to 5899, less 10% Oceania Cub savings for total of 5309.  This was without air.  Now the cruise is 5999 without the air with the SimplyMore pricing.  Take the 10% Oceania Club savings (which the offer still available) and that takes the cost pp to 5399.  So for $90 more we could get the 800 Shore Excursion credit and second device Wi-Fi and the already purchase House Select Drink Package. So……..I guess we will be calling Oceania or email to our rep to make sure I’m seeing it correctly. We typically do a mix of Oceania Excursions and others we arrange on our own. 

Well I just received my updated Invoice and my new price after converting to SimplyMore is exactly as I calculated above. So for $90 more person we have received $800 SBC for the stateroom and the 2nd Wi-Fi. Our prior price already included the House Beverage package which we had selected under OLife. As we use a combination of cruise shore excursions and on our own it works out great. So, for us, on this particular cruise, Simply More was indeed SimplyMore! All done. 

• Like 4

This is all confusing…does anyone know what the new promotional fare (not the promo fare with air) includes? With O’life Choice one could get the amenities without the air and one could get cruise only without any amenities. Not sure if that is possible now and I cannot find any answer on Oceania’s site.