Does MSC leave a final bill at your room on last morning?

Illbcruzn4life

On 3 different ships we DID NOT RECEIVE a final bill at our room on the last evening/morning, the last sailing was on Seaside May 14 sailing. Make time to get one before leaving the ship to make sure for the correct charge.  

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Like 2

They do not deliver A final bill to your room; you can view the bill on your television. Whoever signed for the account can also view on their app (non signers can view what they have charged, but totals show as 0).  You can get a copy of your bill from guest services anytime.  The final 12-18 hours of the cruise guest services is packed so try to do it a day ahead of time and then just reconcile against the TV on final night. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

They do not deliver A final bill to your room; you can view the bill on your television. Whoever signed for the account can also view on their app (non signers can view what they have charged, but totals show as 0).  You can get a copy of your bill from guest services anytime.  The final 12-18 hours of the cruise guest services is packed so try to do it a day ahead of time and then just reconcile against the TV on final night. 

thank you. I'll remember that if we ever cruise with them again. We just got back yesterday from Meraviglia.

To say I don't trust MSC to get this right is an understatement. I canceled an excursion to Disney Springs about 3 weeks before we cruised. Of course they just canceled me and when I called they said they couldn't give me a confirmation for the cancelation until the refund is processed. That had me scratching my head.

Haven't gotten the refund yet and after reading here it's a roll of the dice if I ever get it.

Thanks again

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

No matter if smart ship or not, you always can go to reception and let them print out the current bill.

And no matter if MSC or other line, I don't trust any of them 😄and always check the bill regularly. Mistakes happen. So far on all of my cruises with MSC they only made one mistake, which was then corrected immediately when I complained at reception. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

No matter if smart ship or not, you always can go to reception and let them print out the current bill.

And no matter if MSC or other line, I don't trust any of them 😄and always check the bill regularly. Mistakes happen. So far on all of my cruises with MSC they only made one mistake, which was then corrected immediately when I complained at reception. 

Yes, the key is to catch any errors before you disembark.

Once you leave, it's like you signed a silent agreement....

• Like 1

We have NEVER gotten one on any of our sailings, either in YC or outside of it. Was stopped TWICE trying to disembark. Once because they said DH owed a few dollars (impossible, but not worth fighting) and the 2nd because THEY, MSC, owed me a few dollars.  Lunacy!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

We have NEVER gotten one on any of our sailings, either in YC or outside of it. Was stopped TWICE trying to disembark. Once because they said DH owed a few dollars (impossible, but not worth fighting) and the 2nd because THEY, MSC, owed me a few dollars.  Lunacy!!!

Lunacy is correct. A lot of their policies are lunacy but I guess that works for them outside of the U.S.

On smart ships (Seaside, Meraviglia and World classes) you do NOT get a paper bill delivered to your stateroom - instead you can check on your phone, TV, information screen or at reception.

On all other ships (Lirica, Musica and Fantasia classes) you will get a paper bill delivered to your room the evening before disembarkation. 

I have never had any exceptions to the above, and I much prefer the smart ships where I can use the screens or app as it is always up to date.  But given the confusion here perhaps MSC need to explain it better.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 8420PR said:

On smart ships (Seaside, Meraviglia and World classes) you do NOT get a paper bill delivered to your stateroom - instead you can check on your phone, TV, information screen or at reception.

On all other ships (Lirica, Musica and Fantasia classes) you will get a paper bill delivered to your room the evening before disembarkation. 

I have never had any exceptions to the above, and I much prefer the smart ships where I can use the screens or app as it is always up to date.  But given the confusion here perhaps MSC need to explain it better.

We had it both ways on the Seaside. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Lunacy its to use so much not needed paper when you can just check your bill on TV in your room or on your phone APP. Princess dose not print it now ether.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:18 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

thank you. I'll remember that if we ever cruise with them again. We just got back yesterday from Meraviglia.

To say I don't trust MSC to get this right is an understatement. I canceled an excursion to Disney Springs about 3 weeks before we cruised. Of course they just canceled me and when I called they said they couldn't give me a confirmation for the cancelation until the refund is processed. That had me scratching my head.

Haven't gotten the refund yet and after reading here it's a roll of the dice if I ever get it.

Thanks again

Usually 3 weeks after debarkation day to get an MSC's refund, at least here in Europe.

Meanwhile, interesting they've got away with the final bill paper signature, but hey, we're in 2023 digital world.

10 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Lunacy its to use so much not needed paper when you can just check your bill on TV in your room or on your phone APP. Princess dose not print it now ether.

Lunacy referred to being stopped from getting off the ship because they owed me a few dollars. Also some of the older ships don’t show your account on the tv. 

On 7/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, Morgsmom said:

Lunacy referred to being stopped from getting off the ship because they owed me a few dollars. Also some of the older ships don’t show your account on the tv. 

you would be stopped on any other cruise line. Balance must be 0 for customer to disembark ,its your responsibility to make sure you account is 0 

1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

you would be stopped on any other cruise line. Balance must be 0 for customer to disembark ,its your responsibility to make sure you account is 0 

That’s right Morgsmom. You should have stood in line at guest services for 2 hours to get your $2.00 back so you didn’t hold up everybody else. 🤦‍♂️ Who does that?

On 7/6/2023 at 2:16 PM, Morgsmom said:

Is that a recent removal from the TV? I know I've looked our account up previously on Divina, Splendida and Orchestra. I didn't have cause to look when we were on Iirica.