Just boarded Silver Moon

bitob

Feels like home. Even though the paperwork said 2pm we knew better. We boarded at noon and are having lunch in la terraza 

suites ready at 2 pm 

im not planning a day to day live thread but I will comment on anything fabulous (or awful 😉) or answer questions. I will confirm the dress code but I already heard a discussion at nearby table (no tie needed unless you want to dine in Atlantide on formal nights). Jacket needed. That’s my understanding and experience. Going to check on formal optional 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bitob said:

im not planning a day to day live thread but I will comment on anything fabulous (or awful 😉) or answer questions

Yes, per Lois, have "a wonderful trip"!  My question:  Are they done with the Voices of Silversea on the Silver Moon?  What has replaced them?  How were or will be the speakers, other entertainment, etc.??  Love any added sharing of details for food, staffing, capacity on this sailing, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Where are you, and where are you headed?😃

21 days. Reykjavik to Southampton. First two weeks all around iceland and then we head to British isles

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Yes, per Lois, have "a wonderful trip"!  My question:  Are they done with the Voices of Silversea on the Silver Moon?  What has replaced them?  How were or will be the speakers, other entertainment, etc.??  Love any added sharing of details for food, staffing, capacity on this sailing, etc.  

I will report on entertainment. Suites were ready at 2 as promised. Luggage already waiting for us. Butler and suite attendant came by to introduce themselves. Lunch in la terraza was very good 

we are in a silver suite on deck 9 ( we were on deck 11 last 2 times. Close to the gelato)

we love this suite setup. Tons of storage. I’m an overpacker. 

Cruise is sold out. Full. First time for us on ss with full ship

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bitob said:

I will report on entertainment. Suites were ready at 2 as promised. Luggage already waiting for us. Butler and suite attendant came by to introduce themselves. Lunch in la terraza was very good.  we are in a silver suite on deck 9 ( we were on deck 11 last 2 times. Close to the gelato).  we love this suite setup. Tons of storage. I’m an overpacker.    Cruise is sold out. Full. First time for us on ss with full ship

Great updating and details.  Looked at your itinerary and all of these various stops in and around Iceland seem to be wonderful and exciting.  That country is "hot" and very popular these days.  Appreciate your sharing and look forward to reading and learning more about this ship, its stops, the passenger mix, staffing performance, etc.  

8 minutes ago, pavementends said:

I returned a week or so ago from the reverse trip (Southampton to Reykjavik). Had a great time and I expect you will also.

Oddly enough my trip was not sold out. I'm not sure why. I found the itinerary most enjoyable.

Hard for us to find a cruise with lots of new ports. Love this itinerary for that reason

3 hours ago, bitob said:

Hard for us to find a cruise with lots of new ports. Love this itinerary for that reason

Have a great time…sailing on sb next year and we have 6 ports in Iceland, 5 new to us and 3 smaller BI ports also new to us.  Will be on sb in a couple of weeks for 14 glorious days in Alaska…life is good and choice is good too! 😄

looking forward to following along.

Nancy

45 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Have a great time…sailing on sb next year and we have 6 ports in Iceland, 5 new to us and 3 smaller BI ports also new to us.  Will be on sb in a couple of weeks for 14 glorious days in Alaska…life is good and choice is good too! 😄

looking forward to following along.

Nancy

Hoping some day we will be on same ship at same time!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

As posted before on the Moon the Voices contract ends in mid August.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

We recently spent 54 days on deck 9 !!   Who is your butler ?   And if you like trivia,   you will love Roy Perez, the CD !!  He is hilarious !!

Roy was an asst cd on Oceania years ago. We knew him way back. He is funny 

7 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

We recently spent 54 days on deck 9 !!   Who is your butler ?   And if you like trivia,   you will love Roy Perez, the CD !!  He is hilarious !!

Butler is Jerry.