Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

How will you get the one-way flight to Houston?

I’ve a stack of avios so BHD - LHR - IAH with BA, 12 hours in total from NI to Texas,  not bad at all. 

Flights obviously not available yet so hopefully I’ll even have enough for Business by when the time comes. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jturks7 said:

Really? What’s with the bad timing?

I can fly from UK to Houston direct and it’s only 1 hour drive from airport to Galveston

We flew to IAH last year, stayed at airport hotel then picked up car and it was easy drive down to Galveston stopping at NASA en route. Galveston is a lovely town with some great restaurants. 
If you have a few days take the car over on the free ferry to Bolivar to drive on the beach! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, little britain said:

We flew to IAH last year, stayed at airport hotel then picked up car and it was easy drive down to Galveston stopping at NASA en route. Galveston is a lovely town with some great restaurants. 
If you have a few days take the car over on the free ferry to Bolivar to drive on the beach! 

If your cruise left on a Sunday (as most do from Galveston) where did you drop off the car? All the car rental companies in Galveston seem to be closed on Sundays. 

54 minutes ago, eel said:

If your cruise left on a Sunday (as most do from Galveston) where did you drop off the car? All the car rental companies in Galveston seem to be closed on Sundays. 

We used Enterprise, dropped off on Saturday at the one by the bridge then Ubered back to hotel. 

59 minutes ago, eel said:

I think the Avis at La Marque is open in Sundays.  Uber from there.  

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I read that complaint here regularly but it's 45 minutes from Houston Hobby to Galveston.  That's the same as flying into Orlando and cruising out PC yet I never hear people make that same complaint.

In Italy it is over 2 hrs to get from Venice Airport to Ravenna Cruise Port and Rome Airport to Civitavecchia Port is around 1 hour ✈️🚌🛳

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I read that complaint here regularly but it's 45 minutes from Houston Hobby to Galveston.  That's the same as flying into Orlando and cruising out PC yet I never hear people make that same complaint.

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

IAH is twice as far as hobby. For me I'd fly into hobby which I've made in about 30 minutes depends on traffic. Dave says 45 minutes. I guess I have a lead foot, never took me that long.

You are not going to fly from UK to Hobby very easily.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

Apparently everything really is bigger in Texas, including our feelings on cruising from there. 

There are plenty of embarkation ports that are an hour or more from the nearest airport. Heck, in Europe, some of the ports of call are an hour or more from the city listed on the itinerary!

”I’m cruising to Paris this summer!”…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You are not going to fly from UK to Hobby very easily.

Not as easily as IAH, but Delta and American serve Hobby. That said, the price difference probably isn't worth the time saved driving to the port.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

So, who's excited for the Northeast deployment this week? Ready to see what will be offered out of Boston on the Brilliance.

I think Royal missed the boat on the release time........ my wife spent all pre-game looking at cruises and kept on saying if 2025 Bermuda was released ... she would be booking now. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

I think Royal missed the boat on the release time........ my wife spent all pre-game looking at cruises and kept on saying if 2025 Bermuda was released ... she would be booking now. 

It will be Wednesday, they usually release late tuesday/weds morning

• Like 4

21 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

So, who's excited for the Northeast deployment this week? Ready to see what will be offered out of Boston on the Brilliance.

We are! Hoping for a Boston to Greenland and Canada and back to Boston.

• Like 4