Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Has Royal said anything about the Star going to the Caribbean?

I was thinking China would certainly be wanting a replacement for Wonder! 

A possibility I guess but with Icon commanding record high prices here would they chance sending Star to an unproven (recent) market

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I think the way the U.S. dollar is it will be going to the Caribbean to follow the bucks.

9 hours ago, springaussie said:

They can make more money in many other markets at the minute and that’s what’s most important to them, so China is probably completely off the table. I could see China getting an Oasis Class in a couple of years, which would be shared with Australia, but I think a brand-new Icon Class wouldn’t be worth it.

I hoped that Star would do a short summer season in the Med, especially since she is launching in the Summer, before she crossed the Atlantic. However, I now could just see her going straight to PC, as is the case with Utopia. The Caribbean is their money-maker at the minute and I think Royal knows that lots of people will travel to experience Icon Class, regardless of homeport.

32 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

They can make more money in many other markets at the minute and that’s what’s most important to them, so China is probably completely off the table. I could see China getting an Oasis Class in a couple of years, which would be shared with Australia, but I think a brand-new Icon Class wouldn’t be worth it.

I hoped that Star would do a short summer season in the Med, especially since she is launching in the Summer, before she crossed the Atlantic. However, I now could just see her going straight to PC, as is the case with Utopia. The Caribbean is their money-maker at the minute and I think Royal knows that lots of people will travel to experience Icon Class, regardless of homeport.

I’m hoping for a med summer then a transatlantic but this is maybe wishful thinking 😂

• Like 1

It used to be the itinerary but now having been to most places i have wanted to go too or can afford at this time. Now its the ship and company:

Icon of the seas

World Europa MSC

Any other oasis class ship except oasis as been on her twice 👍

So now saving up......🤣 Or selling a kidney.......🤔

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Polition67 said:

Do I book allure transatlantic (if it exists) or wait and see if Star has one ohhhh the  pressure 😂

I am thinking exactly the same.

Although I assume Allure will be heading over from her TA straight into her long awaited drydock? 

3 minutes ago, strachan01 said:

Although I assume Allure will be heading over from her TA straight into her long awaited drydock? 

Yeah pretty sure drydock will be happening.  I’m thinking more the westbound journey. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wonder will also be doing short Caribbean in addition to Utopia. Looks like Star may very well indeed be going to Port Canaveral

Thought about this last night. Since Star is only being advertised as "Summer 2025", it seems like there's a possibility that Wonder will still be doing 7N at PC in May/June before Star takes over (just like Allure is doing the 3/4's until Utopia takes over in July 2024). Technically early June isn't even summer but that's just semantics.

Does that logic seem reasonable to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thought about this last night. Since Star is only being advertised as "Summer 2025", it seems like there's a possibility that Wonder will still be doing 7N at PC in May/June before Star takes over (just like Allure is doing the 3/4's until Utopia takes over in July 2024). Technically early June isn't even summer but that's just semantics.

Does that logic seem reasonable to you?

If that were the case then Wonder would probably have been listed on the 7 day Caribbean schedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If that were the case then Wonder would probably have been listed on the 7 day Caribbean schedule.

That was my initial thought but some ship will certainly be doing PC 7N in May/June before Star. You think it will just be another one?

5 hours ago, strachan01 said:

Any estimate on when?  We are looking at 2025 for Europe and both Odyssey and Allure is there, we would prefer Allure but with a refresh given the age. 

• Like 1