Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Allure will almost certainly be doing the standard 7-night Western Med route, with embarkation available in both Barcelona (main port) and Civitavecchia (Rome, secondary port), with calls in Palma de Majorca, Marseille, Naples and La Spezia (for Florence, Pisa and Cinque Terre).

With kids that young, I'd be more inclined to look for an itinerary that starts from a port you can get to with a minimum of fuss, and which also has at least a couple of ports of call that don't require you to spend the day traipsing through crowds at busy monuments. Not only will the kids get ratty really fast but you'll also be exhausted having to constantly keep your eyes on them.

As far as the ship itself is concerned, when we started cruising back in 2001, our kids were 4 and 12. There weren't any mega-ships back then. We were in awe on our second cruise, which was on Explorer of the Seas. That was as big as they got back then and I can honestly say that our kids were never bored. Neither were we and we still enjoy that class of ship. There's still plenty to do on board and you're not paying through the nose for a ton of bells and whistles you'll probably not get the chance to use. I definitely don't think it's necessary to do a mega-ship with kids that young so in my case, I would be basing my decision on itinerary and price.

Thanks, definitely focused more on itinerary and 9-10 day cruise to make the most of the time spent flying to Europe.   Considering Med and Southampton based on what I see for 2024 sailings, but we haven't been to all of the others ports that are offered. We cruised the med from Venice to Barcelona on NCL back in 2019 on a 9 night pre-kids so what I don't want is to do 10-15K steps which is what we did back then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I agree. The late August call could possibly be part of a repositioning between Northern Europe and Israel, similar to what is being offered on Jewel next August.

I am sure they are currently planning more Israel home porting….

On 10/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Deployment opening schedule

Nov 1 - Alaska (OV, AN, RD, GR)

Nov 8 - Europe (AL, OY, ID, EX, VY, BR)

Nov 15 - 7N Caribbean (HM, OA, AD, ID, SR, BR, RD, RH, GR)

Dec 5 - Star (Icon 2)

Feb 14 - Short Caribbean and LAX (UT, WN, AN, LB, FR, MA, NV, AD, JW)

Feb 14 - Northeast (SY, OY, LB, VI)

Feb 21 - Other Caribbean (SY AL, EX, JW)

Ken is that Anthem in L.A.  

7 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think Anthem is supposed to be going from Australia to Alaska so could be doing a repo from L.A. on the way.

There was speculation that Anthem would replace Quantum in Brisbane.

Royal really has trouble filling Quantum so maybe Navigator might replace Quantum in Brisbane during our season ,instead of Anthem.

A Quantum class in Los Angeles over Christmas could be a hit .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal really has trouble filling Quantum so maybe Navigator might replace Quantum in Brisbane during our season ,instead of Anthem.

A big hit!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I am on the Anthem right now(which we like), but we really love the Navigator.  LA is the 2nd closest port to us, but I am not sure if a Quantum class ship would make us want to go to LA more.

5 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I am on the Anthem right now(which we like), but we really love the Navigator.  LA is the 2nd closest port to us, but I am not sure if a Quantum class ship would make us want to go to LA more.

I love Navigator and have been on her few times with a few more scheduled.  What I like about the idea of Anthem coming is weather related.  Catalina and Ensenada can be cool in Nov/Dec/Jan Anthem would help with those cooler days and give me a change from the continual Navigator sailings.  Swap out Navigator during the Australia season and let us rotate between Anthem and Navigator depending on the season. That way the folks down under have a choice class of ship as well .

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I love Navigator and have been on her few times with a few more scheduled.  What I like about the idea of Anthem coming is weather related.  Catalina and Ensenada can be cool in Nov/Dec/Jan Anthem would help with those cooler days and give me a change from the continual Navigator sailings.  Swap out Navigator during the Australia season and let us rotate between Anthem and Navigator depending on the season. That way the folks down under have a choice class of ship as well .

That does make sense.

A cool weather ship in tropical Brisbane didn’t really add up .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Just going to post the same thing.  Anthem would be great in LA for those cooler winter months. 

• Like 3

There are a few Alaska sailings up right now for summer 2025. Seems a bit early for a test load with a release date scheduled for the week of October 30th, but these are the ones I'm seeing if anyone wants to jump on them.

image.thumb.png.d4cf1a40434285a245ae98aaf82de083.png

image.thumb.png.1a1ed8dea5b3342f70d25e08297172c1.png

image.thumb.png.3bcba9d321a95b82568743bf09224ca3.png

image.thumb.png.78b4d1aab785530c6ccbc1b09ad708d4.png

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

There are a few Alaska sailings up right now for summer 2025. Seems a bit early for a test load with a release date scheduled for the week of October 30th, but these are the ones I'm seeing if anyone wants to jump on them.

Thanks!  Got all excited until I realized they are one single date each in 2025.  Anxious to book when the rest of them come out.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

No Ovation?    Quantum’s there though,  I wonder where Ovation is .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Reducing capacity.  Grandeur holds less than a RD class

LOL...not by much.  Grandeur:  2446    Radiance:  2466   

Naturally Radiance ladies are a bit bigger ship, but they have more common areas (which we love).  

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...not by much.  Grandeur:  2446    Radiance:  2466   

Naturally Radiance ladies are a bit bigger ship, but they have more common areas (which we love).  

That's max occupancy.  Looking at double it is about 150 passengers which is about 7 1/2 % reduction